Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

*Group Buy - Beat-Sonic Navigation/DVD Control Bypass Module for 2010-12 Lexus -$100*

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-14, 09:42 AM
BeatSonic
Sponsor

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by sush1a
Hi this list 2010-2012 GS 350, I thought 2006-2012 are the same? Will it work with a 2007 GS350?

Thanks
Thank you for your inquiry. There was a change in 2010 that followed until 2012. The bypass for 2006-2009 model is NT3203:

http://www.beatsonicusa.com/beat-son...ss-module.html

I'll send a pm to you on the CL special price.

http://www.beatsonicusa.com/
Old 05-22-14, 09:30 AM
BeatSonic
Sponsor

All pms replied to!

Old 05-26-14, 01:21 PM
Joelseff
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Ok Just finished the install. It was pretty straight forward EXCEPT the switch installation and removing the vent. There is no set or suggested location for the switch so i was left to my own devices-which included a Dremel. Also the center vent is a pain to remove-maybe because I was afraid I would break something. I didnt. Here are some tips:

1. To remove the vent: You have to pull down the four tabs on the inner top part of the vent and gently with a flat head and then insert the flathead (I wrapped it with elec tape) between the dash and the vent on each side and with AUTHORITY and CONVICTION pry the vent away. I thought I would break the vent or the dash but it was actually quite resilient.

(EDIT) 2. The GPS connector on the Nav is the one on the top. There is another GPS connector at the bottom. DO NOT USE THIS ONE! Use the one on top. It should fit perfectly. Its not in the instructions and save yourself having to redo the connection.

3. The switch....AHHHH the switch. Finding a good place for me was almost double the work. I finally settled on the center console on the passenger side:

*Group Buy - Beat-Sonic Navigation/DVD Control Bypass Module for 2010-12 Lexus -0*-nav-switch1.jpg

I had to take a dremel to the silver trim piece to accomodate the wire which got crimped a little at first. The dremel worked but I am not completely satisfied with the notch. Needs more detail work...for another day.

*Group Buy - Beat-Sonic Navigation/DVD Control Bypass Module for 2010-12 Lexus -0*-nav-switch2.jpg

This thing works like a charm! I drove around the block and was able to access all the functions of the nav and DVD. All in all, the BEST $100 I have ever spent on such an important, IMO, upgrade.

Thanks BeatSonic!!!

Last edited by Joelseff; 05-27-14 at 11:49 PM.
Old 05-26-14, 03:09 PM
Joelseff
Lead Lap

Update: Constant On mode doesn't work. The bypass disengages after some time. It can be reinitiated but it is definitely not constant. I will PM Eric at Beatsonic to see if its a setting or w/e.
Old 05-27-14, 07:35 AM
Eppieguy
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Joelseff
Update: Constant On mode doesn't work. The bypass disengages after some time. It can be reinitiated but it is definitely not constant. I will PM Eric at Beatsonic to see if its a setting or w/e.
I am having the same issue as is another member in the GX 2nd gen forum. I can get in to the programming mode but can't get it to actually program, very frustrating. I can get the button to flash as many times as if it is programmed but there is no instructions how to get out of the programming mode. I've tried letting it go, it never stops blinking, I've tried hitting the button again, it then goes to the next program setting, I've tried turning the vehicle off, no programming stored.
Old 05-27-14, 08:48 AM
Joelseff
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Eppieguy
I am having the same issue as is another member in the GX 2nd gen forum. I can get in to the programming mode but can't get it to actually program, very frustrating. I can get the button to flash as many times as if it is programmed but there is no instructions how to get out of the programming mode. I've tried letting it go, it never stops blinking, I've tried hitting the button again, it then goes to the next program setting, I've tried turning the vehicle off, no programming stored.
I think that's how it works but it should be stored. Hold down button then push start button once without stepping on brake. The button should flash. 1 flash=2min, 2 flashes=3min, 3 flashes 5min then 4 flashes=Constant On. Then push the start button until car is off. It should register. You can get into program mode again and check your program.

My problem is no matter the program, the bypass fails after a few minutes, sometimes a few seconds. I am going to recheck my ground wire today after work.
Old 05-27-14, 09:50 AM
BeatSonic
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Eppieguy
I think that's how it works but it should be stored. Hold down button then push start button once without stepping on brake. The button should flash. 1 flash=2min, 2 flashes=3min, 3 flashes 5min then 4 flashes=Constant On. Then push the start button until car is off. It should register. You can get into program mode again and check your program.

My problem is no matter the program, the bypass fails after a few minutes, sometimes a few seconds. I am going to recheck my ground wire today after work.

I apologize for the late reply! I hope this will still be useful:

Here is a youtube video on how to program the time limit on the BB Series bypass:

It sounds to me that the 1 pin GPS connector was not installed correctly. Please double check to make sure that it was daisy chained from the OEM connector that originally went to he headunit to the BB unit, then BB unit to the headunit.

Please note that there is 1 similar 1 pin connector behind the radio, which you can also fit the GPS connector into if you force it in. However, if you connect it the correct GPS connector, you will hear a "click" the wrong slot will not "click" in.

Please let me know once you get it operating properly.

Thanks!

Old 05-27-14, 10:03 AM
BeatSonic
Sponsor

Update!

We are extending this Group Buy to last until the limited supply is all sold!

Also, the raffle drawing for the free unit as also been extended to the end of July!

Old 05-27-14, 05:57 PM
Joelseff
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BeatSonic
I apologize for the late reply! I hope this will still be useful:

Here is a youtube video on how to program the time limit on the BB Series bypass: Programming Beat-Sonic BB Series NAV/DVD bypass - YouTube

It sounds to me that the 1 pin GPS connector was not installed correctly. Please double check to make sure that it was daisy chained from the OEM connector that originally went to he headunit to the BB unit, then BB unit to the headunit.

Please note that there is 1 similar 1 pin connector behind the radio, which you can also fit the GPS connector into if you force it in. However, if you connect it the correct GPS connector, you will hear a "click" the wrong slot will not "click" in.

Please let me know once you get it operating properly.

Thanks!
I sure did have it in the wrong connector LOL!!! Thanks. I gotta say though, that should have been in the instructions to avoid confusion. I switched it and it works like a charm now.

Best electronic mod for a hundred bucks in my book!!!
Old 05-27-14, 06:28 PM
BeatSonic
Sponsor

I sure did have it in the wrong connector LOL!!! Thanks. I gotta say though, that should have been in the instructions to avoid confusion. I switched it and it works like a charm now.

Best electronic mod for a hundred bucks in my book!!!
Awesome, I'm happy to see that you got it to work properly!

Old 05-29-14, 09:57 AM
BeatSonic
Sponsor

List updated and all pms replied to! Still more left!

Old 05-31-14, 11:25 PM
simtastic
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought mine!!

I went for version 1! I just sent you a PM! Can't wait to get it.
Old 06-02-14, 10:00 AM
BeatSonic
Sponsor

Originally Posted by simtastic
I went for version 1! I just sent you a PM! Can't wait to get it.
PM replied to and invoice sent!

All other pms were replied to as well!

Old 06-04-14, 06:29 AM
PrinceAkim
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are a few of us LS460 (2007-2009) that would love a group buy. Will there be a group buy for the nav/dvd control bypass? Which model should we purchase and will there be a special for this product? Thanks.
Old 06-06-14, 09:25 AM
mikedtrd
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PM sent!!

Quick Reply: *Group Buy - Beat-Sonic Navigation/DVD Control Bypass Module for 2010-12 Lexus -$100*