Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

FIGS Gen3 GS ISX50 IS-F Front LCA Bushing, Essential tire wear eliminator

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-12, 09:07 AM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 141 Likes on 73 Posts
Default FIGS Gen3 GS ISX50 IS-F Front LCA Bushing, Essential tire wear eliminator

Hi all, over the past 6 months we have been in testing and development of a new front LCA bushing that attaches on the rear of the 2IS and 3GS platforms. The bushings is available in several durometers depending on the performance of the vehicle. The issue with tire wear we believe is delfection during driving and unstable toe. With a drastic dynamic toe changes the tires will have accelrated wear, much moreso that 2 degrees of camber.

80 durometer is our standard bushing. It will vastly improve the location of the LCA under normal driving and braking.
https://shopfigs.com/v5/L1035

90 durometer is our IS-F High performance bushings which will hold more force under heavy braking.
https://shopfigs.com/v5/L1025

This video that we created demonstrates the Stock vs the 90 durometer version bushings.

UPDATE: These have been tremendously popular and we have been offering them in our latest machined brackets for the last 2 years. We try to keep everything in stock for quick shipment.
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions

Last edited by FIGS; 12-12-23 at 12:11 PM.
Old 07-18-12, 05:49 PM
RichieISF
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mate, Got the rear Arms. they are Gorgeous.!

However , which of the the 2 Durometer bushing would you suggest for those who only track the car every now and then (once to twice a year) and still want a comfortable ride as the car is there daily.?
Old 07-18-12, 11:06 PM
FIGS
The Maker

anyone with an F must go with the 90 duro without question just because of the braking power. The 80 duro is still an improvement over stock for a GS or IS250
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
Old 07-20-12, 06:09 AM
carlos
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What about for an IS350?
Old 07-20-12, 06:39 AM
RichieISF
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet , let us know when there available...!
Old 07-20-12, 08:32 AM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Placed my order for the 90s. Thanks again to Figs for the R&D.
Old 07-20-12, 12:07 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Bushings are in now and will ship today or next week. We are down to 1.

Richie, I can get one drop shipped to you in Australia. SuperPro manufactures them there so it should not be an issue unless there are dealer territories. SInce we helped to create this application it should not be.
Mike

EDIT: the bushings we received are the offset versions. I am working on getting the centered versions ASAP. I will also press in the offset version and get specific alignment data to make it an option as well..
Mike

Last edited by FIGS; 07-20-12 at 12:17 PM.
Old 07-21-12, 09:24 AM
CCColtsicehockey
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Should this be something most shops can easily handle the installation of? I have new tires on and only 5k miles on them and I can already tell slight inner wear compared to the rest of the tire and I just had an alignment. I would love to get rid of it all together.
Old 07-21-12, 10:12 AM
FIGS
The Maker

Originally Posted by carlos
What about for an IS350?
It will probably depend on how you drive. Certainly enough braking power to wrrant the HP version, but if you are not a hard driver you can probably be OK with the 80.
Mike
Old 07-21-12, 10:13 AM
FIGS
The Maker

Originally Posted by WReuroR
Should this be something most shops can easily handle the installation of? I have new tires on and only 5k miles on them and I can already tell slight inner wear compared to the rest of the tire and I just had an alignment. I would love to get rid of it all together.
Its a little tricky because they need to press in a bushing with a thin outer cup. I am getting pricing on the factory bracket to see if we can economically provide direct swap assemblies.
Mike
Old 07-21-12, 12:36 PM
CCColtsicehockey
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by FIGS
Its a little tricky because they need to press in a bushing with a thin outer cup. I am getting pricing on the factory bracket to see if we can economically provide direct swap assemblies.
Mike
With the factory bracket would it be something I could just install myself then cause that would be great?
Old 07-21-12, 05:32 PM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by WReuroR
With the factory bracket would it be something I could just install myself then cause that would be great?
It would be the same install. I think what Figs is trying to do is make it a bolt in application for those who do not have acsses or feel comfortable having the bushings pressed out/in to the existing brackets.

Basically he will get some brackets, press bushing in to them. You will receive the bushings per-installed in the brackets and the return your core bracket to him...provided this is a cost effective solution.
Old 07-22-12, 08:37 AM
FIGS
The Maker

^^ yes exactly. Still checking to see which brackets are readily available. TIS lists 3 different brackets and Lexus parts is only coming back with 1 good one.
EDIT: looks like the 250/350 etc are listing different brackets than the 2011 IS-F. I will try to order one of each to cross reference them.

Last edited by FIGS; 07-22-12 at 09:03 AM.
Old 07-23-12, 05:57 AM
carlos
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FIGS
It will probably depend on how you drive. Certainly enough braking power to wrrant the HP version, but if you are not a hard driver you can probably be OK with the 80.
Mike
Is there any downside if I were to go with the 90? I'm not track driver or even a weekend warrior, but I do push her sometimes.
Old 07-31-12, 08:21 AM
FIGS
The Maker

Originally Posted by carlos
Is there any downside if I were to go with the 90? I'm not track driver or even a weekend warrior, but I do push her sometimes.
We have not noticed a huge difference if any with the 90 vs the 80 from an NVH standpoint. But if you are not braking hard and prefer a compliant ride then the 80 is just a luxury option. If you nkow what kind of driver you are then I think the choice is fairly clear.

An update on orders. Correct bushings should ship to us today so I will get orders out next week. Sorry for the delay again, I did not know we would get the incorrect bushing until it was too late. Also I will try to install the offset bushings and do some testing to offer that as an option.

Mike

Quick Reply: FIGS Gen3 GS ISX50 IS-F Front LCA Bushing, Essential tire wear eliminator