Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

Sewell Lexus, sewellparts.com: LED/HID Retro Kit, 2IS, $600 Off using Promo 87LEX12

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-12, 09:34 AM
Sewell
Parts Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sewell Lexus, sewellparts.com: LED/HID 2IS Retro Kit, Percent Off using Promo Code

Now through August, the latest HID/LED headlamp upgrades are available to all 2006-2010 2IS (IS250, IS350 & IS-F) owners with a special promotion. IS Owners can upgrade their existing headlamps with the latest LED headlamp found on the latest 2012 model year IS applications.

To purchase, simply follow either link below and choose the option that suits you best and add to cart. At checkout use promotional code XXXXX. Promotional code will allow an additional amount to be subtracted from your total purchase.

Shipping costs will be calculated at the time of checkout and is solely based on your destination zip code and of course the item(s) being purchased. Generally, In Stock orders will ship same business day. All other orders will ship the following business day to the best of our ability. Please allow normal transit times for delivery up to 4 days for contiguous U.S. Sales Tax does not apply to orders shipping outside of Texas.

Promotion ends at Noon on Monday September 3, 2012. Online promotional codes are available for online use only and are not valid via phone or email. If you experience any technical problems with our website and/or any promotional code, please take a moment to give us your error information to us directly at Web Support.

For those of you who would like to purchase other parts not listed above, don’t forget, for pricing specific to Club Lexus members, you need to register your account while inputting your Club Lexus forum name when it prompts you during registration. Once you are registered as a CL member, preferred pricing will be available to you for each item. Each Promotional Code cannot be combined with any other offer nor applied to purchases before or after this one day special offer.

Last edited by Sewell; 06-26-13 at 10:41 AM.
Old 06-28-12, 09:39 AM
Sewell
Parts Vendor

Turn signal flasher - I've been told there's an issue with the lights blinking to fast. Is this resolved?
Yes. With the LED lights installed your vehicle requires the use of a new flasher. It's nothing more than the flasher found on the 2011-2012 model applications. This allows the turn signals to blink at a normal, more typical frequency.

Where does the flasher install?
The flasher is located at the top of the brake pedal lever - at its pivot point. The flasher is held in place by a single clip with wire connector. Remove the flasher, unplug and install the new flasher.

Another issue, the AFS light. I have been told there is an issue with the AFS light coming on? Has this been resolved?
Yes. We do not consider this be an issue but rather what to expect. The new LED lamps are not equipped with the AFS technology. If your IS is factory equipped with AFS technology you will experience an illuminated AFS light in the lower left corner of the instrument panel. When driving this light will blink. It will blink similar to your seat belt light (but no noise). However, if your IS is not factory equipped with AFS you should not be concerned. No AFS means no AFS light.

Speaking of AFS, how do I know I have this? The AFS feature is found on all HID equipped models. If you have HID, then you have AFS.

I called my local dealership and they state the newer LED lights do not apply to my model. Why does this information contradict yours?
Well this is simple. Each headlamp is modified beforehand using OEM Lexus parts to achieve the desired result. This desired result allows us to achieve a functioning plug and play headlamp option.

Are there installation instructions on how to install the headlamps?
No. We do not provide installation instructions for installing the headlamps. The 'loaded' headlamp option is plug and play so you will need to have previous knowledge for performing an R&R on a headlamp.

Do you offer a trade-in or core exchange for my existing lights?
No. At one time we were allowing headlamps to be returned for credit but no longer. We have entirely too many headlamps for our own good. As much as we would like to help, we cannot take any more.
Old 06-28-12, 10:22 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

What about the bubble on the new headlight ? are these newer version ? with out issue ?
Old 06-28-12, 10:38 AM
Sewell
Parts Vendor

For those of you opting for the 'stripped' version, be absolutely certain the seals are installed properly. There are five (5) primary areas (see below) to which a gasket or o-ring exists that allows the headlamp to be completely sealed. Make certain the proper seal is used when installing the required components to each of your head lamps. This will alleviate any small aquatic habitats from forming inside your lamps.

Lamp Computer with seal located at the bottom of the head lamp

Lamp Cover (for HID bulb) with seal

Wire Harness with seal for LED and seal for turnsignal

Lamp Cover (for bulb) with seal

Darrel
Old 06-28-12, 12:13 PM
Sewell
Parts Vendor

Originally Posted by blitz_714
What about the bubble on the new headlight ? are these newer version ? with out issue ?
The headlamps are the latest lamps as found on the 2012 IS models and/or described in the latest TSiB from Lexus. The bubble issue we believe you may be referring has long since been resolved.

Darrel
Old 06-28-12, 01:43 PM
kim0217
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my 2012 headlights still have bubbles on the paint.
Old 06-29-12, 07:04 AM
Sewell
Parts Vendor

Originally Posted by kim0217
my 2012 headlights still have bubbles on the paint.

Well that's great. If there's something we can do to help, consider contacting the staff here.
Old 06-29-12, 07:22 AM
737NG
Driver

Thanks Sewell, order has been placed. For those needing the turn signal flasher, I called Sewell this morning and got the P/N. This P/N is for the 350 ONLY 8198006020. If you have a 250 it's a different P/N, do not order the one I posted. Thanks again to Club Lexus and Sewell, you guys rock!!!
Old 06-29-12, 07:26 AM
Sewell
Parts Vendor

Originally Posted by 737NG
Thanks Sewell, order has been placed. For those needing the turn signal flasher, I called Sewell this morning and got the P/N. This P/N is for the 350 ONLY 8198006020. If you have a 250 it's a different P/N, do not order the one I posted. Thanks again to Club Lexus and Sewell, you guys rock!!!
...but you didn't need to purchase the flasher...it's already included. Yes, you have the part number correct, 81980-06020 but again, we include this flasher with the lamps. We've already issued a credit to your account
Old 06-29-12, 09:37 AM
soFreshIS
Driver

these instock and shipping out? or is there 2 day wait before ship "24-48hour"
cause normally u ship same day if in stock?
lmk im ready send payment when home from work
Old 06-29-12, 10:15 AM
Sewell
Parts Vendor

Yes, they're ready for shipping right away.

For our last sale however, we did encounter a few orders that shipped out well beyond that time frame. Of course we did not anticipate the high-demand that caused us all a bit of grief.
Old 06-29-12, 11:38 AM
737NG
Driver

Originally Posted by Sewell
...but you didn't need to purchase the flasher...it's already included. Yes, you have the part number correct, 81980-06020 but again, we include this flasher with the lamps. We've already issued a credit to your account
Thanks, I was unaware that the flasher was included. Thanks for the great customer service!
Old 06-30-12, 08:57 AM
600rr05
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Again really wish I had extra cash.
Old 07-01-12, 02:13 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

are these the 2011 headlamps or the 2012, from my understanding the 2012 have a whiter led strip also will you guys replace the headlights if the bubbling defect comes up? and does the stripped version come with instructions on installation?
Old 07-01-12, 06:26 PM
stasis3131
Lead Lap

As much as Lexus members and Sewell have posted about these lights everyone should know Sewell only sells the 2012 after tsb versions. No more 2011 for sale from Sewell

Quick Reply: Sewell Lexus, sewellparts.com: LED/HID Retro Kit, 2IS, $600 Off using Promo 87LEX12