Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

Fall Group Buy VAIS Technology

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-10, 08:54 AM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by new.era.13
what about an 07 is250 with navi and no ML. want ipod and video.
SL2Vi will do the job. It will give your iPod and Video from iPod right on your nav screen.

Thanks!
Old 10-10-10, 09:57 AM
Tajai7
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I can't wait for the SL2iC to come out. Per other forum posts it sounds like the SL2iC will work for '06-09 IS models with navi. Can you verify if this information is accurate -- mainly the cost and if you would need to do a hack to get the video to play -- your previous posts don't mention a need to do the hack, although I'm assuming you only need to do it if the car is in motion? Also, will the SL2iC work with both ML and non-ML navi/audio systems? Thanks!

"SL2iC will first be released for 5th Gen Navi. Anticipated retail price is $349.99. SL2iC will include native iPod interface and Video playback on the nav screen."

1. It will work for the '06-'09 2IS since they all have the 5th Gen nav. Looks like '10 2IS's with their 6th Gen nav will be left out, for now.
2. You may need to do the hack or get an override module for video playback while the car is in motion, but those details aren't out yet.
Old 10-10-10, 11:54 PM
charles87k
Rookie

how much just for the new charging cable for the sl2vi
Old 10-11-10, 11:19 AM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by Tajai7
I can't wait for the SL2iC to come out. Per other forum posts it sounds like the SL2iC will work for '06-09 IS models with navi. Can you verify if this information is accurate -- mainly the cost and if you would need to do a hack to get the video to play -- your previous posts don't mention a need to do the hack, although I'm assuming you only need to do it if the car is in motion? Also, will the SL2iC work with both ML and non-ML navi/audio systems? Thanks!

"SL2iC will first be released for 5th Gen Navi. Anticipated retail price is $349.99. SL2iC will include native iPod interface and Video playback on the nav screen."

1. It will work for the '06-'09 2IS since they all have the 5th Gen nav. Looks like '10 2IS's with their 6th Gen nav will be left out, for now.
2. You may need to do the hack or get an override module for video playback while the car is in motion, but those details aren't out yet.
SL2iC will be compatible with all 4th and 5th Gen navigation to start. Later on we will be adding 2nd and 3rd gen as well. SL2iC will have the same compatibility as the SL2Vi, meaning all vehicles SL2Vi works with, will be compatible with SL2iC.

We will also release MediaLinQ Plus on November 1st which will be compatible with all 5th and 6th Gen nav systems. Comparison chart showing the difference between the two will posted on our website later on today.

Thanks for your interest!
Old 10-11-10, 11:19 AM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by charles87k
how much just for the new charging cable for the sl2vi
$60 plus shipping.
Old 10-12-10, 07:55 AM
ef8sir1988
Driver School Candidate

What modules would I need for a 2006 ls430. With ml. I want to be able to watch my iPod on my navi screen while in motion
Old 10-12-10, 08:43 AM
SmoKTurtLe
Driver School Candidate

I just got my SL2Vi in the mail today. I cant wait to get this ish installed

Good looks to VAIStech for the group buy.

So whats the easiest and safest way to have my screen work while moving? Been reading about Navi hacks that require cutting a wire... I dont know about that...
Old 10-12-10, 09:07 AM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by ef8sir1988
What modules would I need for a 2006 ls430. With ml. I want to be able to watch my iPod on my navi screen while in motion
SL2Vi will allow you to watch video from iPod right on your nav screen, but it won't work while the car is moving.
Old 10-12-10, 09:07 AM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Default Comparison Chart

http://www.vaistech.com/products/product_comparison.php
Old 10-13-10, 10:03 PM
Bob GX
Driver

Vaistech Feedback
Ordered my SL2i-UP on the 8th (late Friday night) - received it the following Tue & installed it myself on Wed - would have taken longer to get an appointment at the dealer or a stereo shop.

It works great - precisely as desribed. The hookup is truly plug and play and I appreciate the high quality in the cables & connectors, plus the generous length so theres lots of play for routing and placing the unit and the iPod where ever I wanted.

I have an 04 GX - took several hours to install as I took extra care in taking the console apart so nothing would be damaged. Also took a little time to figure out how to route cables into the glove box where both the unit and the iPod are located. Did not have to drill any holes so the car is still 100% original. Putting everything back together took just a few minutes since at that point I knew how everything fits.

Great product and great Vendor - thank you for making this a trouble free project. The sound is great and it operates seamlessly with the ML/Nav system.

Bob
Old 10-13-10, 10:33 PM
soulsoarer
Pole Position

This is a great buy everyone, well worth! The model I got is in my signature (SL2vi). Took me a week to get situated but once everything was setup right and working, it is very useful for me. I have a 160GB iPod attach to it at all times unless I need to update my song library or movies.
Old 10-14-10, 09:44 AM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Thanks for the great support Bob GX and soulsoarer!
Old 10-14-10, 05:56 PM
CalCounsel
Driver School Candidate

I have a 2007 GS350 w/ML & Nav & XM Radio.

I want to perform the DVD override, but I am also considering installing the SL2iC (Native Video Interface for iPod touch and iPhone) whenever it comes out.

My questions are--(1) are there installation overlaps (wires and/or otherwise) between the SL2iC and the DVD override? Should I wait to perform the DVD override until the SL2iC comes out aside from not having to pull apart the nav unit twice?

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-15-10, 07:23 PM
dongle035
Driver School Candidate

Do u know if the sl2vu work with 2010 is250 none ML ?
Old 10-18-10, 09:12 AM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by dongle035
Do u know if the sl2vu work with 2010 is250 none ML ?
To get video input into 2010 IS250 you will need MediaLinQ Plus. SL2Vu isn't compatible.

Quick Reply: Fall Group Buy VAIS Technology