Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

Group Buy From VAIS Technology

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-10, 04:06 PM
soulsoarer
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. I already place an order for the SL2vi.
Old 06-23-10, 10:41 AM
memasterac
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the PM reply.

One more question, in order to watch video through the nav screen with SL2Vi or SL2Vu, the parking brake must be engaged as the "default" setting?
Old 06-23-10, 02:47 PM
Mysta
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by memasterac
Thanks for the PM reply.

One more question, in order to watch video through the nav screen with SL2Vi or SL2Vu, the parking brake must be engaged as the "default" setting?
This, and does the SL2Vu charge the Zune?
Old 06-23-10, 03:00 PM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by Mysta
This, and does the SL2Vu charge the Zune?
Both SL2Vi and SL2Vu will only play video while the car is not in motion.

SL2Vu will not charge ZUNE.
Old 06-24-10, 08:42 AM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by soulsoarer
Thanks. I already place an order for the SL2vi.
Thanks soulsoarer!
Old 06-24-10, 09:48 AM
JFNash
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I was on the fence as I wasn't sure about how to do the installation and who will do it (since I'm not brave enough to take my car apart). But now I've decided to get it and will deal with the installation later.

I have an '08 LS460 with ML system.

My questions are:
1) Where will it be installed? And will there be any cables running anywhere on my car?
2) Do you supply a installation manual so I can give it to the guy who is going to do it for me?
3) Will it play music through the USB cable or do I still need the aux cable along with the USB cable?
4) Is there any possibility to add a radio tuner with even frequencies? I live in Saudi Arabia and all radio stations are broadcasted over even frequencies and would love it if your unit could do it for me as the car's radio tuner receives only odd frequencies.
5) Can I choose which function to lose so I can install your unit? I'm not using the satellite radio and will probably never use it. Can I choose to use the satellite radio button to activate your unit?

Finally, which model suites be best? I don't think I'm going to utilize the hdd and playing back from a mas storage device features. Other than that, which one will do it for me?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by JFNash; 06-24-10 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Edited question #3
Old 06-24-10, 12:53 PM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by JFNash
I was on the fence as I wasn't sure about how to do the installation and who will do it (since I'm not brave enough to take my car apart). But now I've decided to get it and will deal with the installation later.

I have an '08 LS460 with ML system.

My questions are:
1) Where will it be installed? And will there be any cables running anywhere on my car?
2) Do you supply a installation manual so I can give it to the guy who is going to do it for me?
3) Will it play music through the USB cable or do I still need the aux cable along with the USB cable?
4) Is there any possibility to add a radio tuner with even frequencies? I live in Saudi Arabia and all radio stations are broadcasted over even frequencies and would love it if your unit could do it for me as the car's radio tuner receives only odd frequencies.
5) Can I choose which function to lose so I can install your unit? I'm not using the satellite radio and will probably never use it. Can I choose to use the satellite radio button to activate your unit?

Finally, which model suites be best? I don't think I'm going to utilize the hdd and playing back from a mas storage device features. Other than that, which one will do it for me?

Thanks in advance.
Thanks for your interest!

Both SL2i-UP and VML are compatible with your car.
SL2i-UP will integrate iPod into your nav screen, while VML will integrate iPod, flash drive, external and internal HDD.

1. Both units will be installed on the back of your radio and you will have just one cable going out to your iPod or USB connection.
2. Installation manual for all of our products are available on our website, www.vaistech.com
3. SL2i-UP has dedicated iPod connection. VML has a USB connection and if you decide to connect iPod/iPhone to it you just use your regular iPod to USB cable, flash drive or HDD connects right through USB connection.
4. Unfortunately we don't have any products that will do this.
5. You will be accessing either SL2i-UP or VML using the DISC button on your radio.
Old 06-24-10, 01:55 PM
JFNash
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by VaisTech
Thanks for your interest!

Both SL2i-UP and VML are compatible with your car.
SL2i-UP will integrate iPod into your nav screen, while VML will integrate iPod, flash drive, external and internal HDD.

1. Both units will be installed on the back of your radio and you will have just one cable going out to your iPod or USB connection.
2. Installation manual for all of our products are available on our website, www.vaistech.com
3. SL2i-UP has dedicated iPod connection. VML has a USB connection and if you decide to connect iPod/iPhone to it you just use your regular iPod to USB cable, flash drive or HDD connects right through USB connection.
4. Unfortunately we don't have any products that will do this.
5. You will be accessing either SL2i-UP or VML using the DISC button on your radio.
Thanks for the prompt response.

Just to confirm my understanding no. 3, with the SL2i-UP model I wont need to use the aux port in the armrest. Am I correct here?

For no. 5, so I can't use the cd changer anymore? Do I have other options?

Thanks again!
Old 06-24-10, 02:52 PM
hung8852
Pole Position

so do they work for iphone 4?
Old 06-24-10, 03:46 PM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by JFNash
Thanks for the prompt response.

Just to confirm my understanding no. 3, with the SL2i-UP model I wont need to use the aux port in the armrest. Am I correct here?

For no. 5, so I can't use the cd changer anymore? Do I have other options?

Thanks again!
SL2i-UP will have a dedicated cable going for your iPod/iPhone connection, cable comes standard with SL2i-UP kit.

All of our products will retain all factory installed equipment. Once you install SL2i-UP you will be able to use DISC button as the toggle switch in between your factory CD changer and SL2i-UP.
Old 06-24-10, 03:48 PM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by hung8852
One of our guys is still in line to get one...... we get them just like everybody else does, no special treatment for developers.

We will post test results once we test it! (If we will actually get one)
Old 06-25-10, 08:42 PM
cksh1214
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by VaisTech
This is correct SL2i-UP or VML is your only choice. Neither will display video files on your nav, audio only.
Installed my SL2i-UP. However, the "I agree" bypass doesn't work. Try but failed to get to simple mode to deactivate it either (by following the instruction in the manual). Any solution or any sugeestion I need to follow?
Old 06-28-10, 03:49 PM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by hung8852
All of our products are fully compatible with iPhone 4!
Old 06-28-10, 03:50 PM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by cksh1214
Installed my SL2i-UP. However, the "I agree" bypass doesn't work. Try but failed to get to simple mode to deactivate it either (by following the instruction in the manual). Any solution or any sugeestion I need to follow?
Please give our tech line a call, we'll guide you through getting to SIMPLE mode so you can activate I AGREE bypass.
Old 07-04-10, 12:00 PM
stevenoh2
Driver School Candidate

Default VML + HD Radio + Prestigious Society

I'm interested in purchasing the VML for my Toyota Sequoia 2008 Platinum with factory Nav. I just have a few quick questions:

1) Is there a way to install the VML and add HD radio at the same time (without having to replace my Nav or add another HD radio display unit)? My Nav has HD/SAT capabilities.

2) I'm looking to install the VML, add HD radio, and add the Nav system override by Presitgious Society (http://www.prestigioussociety.com/?page_id=138). Has anyone done this before? Do the two systems integrate fully? Any problems?

Thanks. Any help is greatly appreciated.

S.

Quick Reply: Group Buy From VAIS Technology