Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

Torquemaster Spark Plug GB - all models

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-02, 07:44 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts
Default Torquemaster Spark Plug GB - all models

Background on the Torquemaster Plugs Group Buy (please refer to these links FIRST if you have questions, thanks)

For folks that haven't been following the thread in the GS forum regarding Torquemasters, click here for a link and discussion about these plugs.

Click here for a link to the Torquemaster website for even more information. Keep in mind this is the manufacturer's (optimistic) website, but I rely more on the CL member testimonials I've heard on the product. A dyno is being arranged by Mean Gene (thanks MG!), but I plan to swap mine out regardless of dyno difference just because "it's time" for some new plugs. I don't believe old spark plugs = good performance and I change mine every 25K or so (even though they are supposed to last 100K).

<UPDATE> Here is a link to the excellent dyno results...

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The group buy on these plugs is being offered directly through Steve Ganz at Carson Toyota. Steve has been kind enough to contact Torquemaster and arrange to become a distributor of their products. He's passing along part of the discount to us.

He'll order for any car the Torquemaster folks make plugs for (which, according to their site is virtually anything that uses spark plugs). Cars other than Lexus are OK.

Steve Ganz is offering discount prices for the plugs for us as follow (approx 15% off or $16 savings for a V8):

* Standard Torquemaster plug-list-$12.50, CL GB price $10.50 ea
* New Star Series plugs list $14.50, CL GB price $12.50 ea
* All 10mm,12mm and 18mm plugs (if needed) list $14.50, CL GB price $12.50 ea

Steve still has some paperwork to complete with Torquemaster, so these won't ship right away (but it shouldn't be like waiting for the TRD/Tom's container boat from Japan!).

HOW TO ORDER
You can submit your payment information to Carson Toyota's Lexus Performance site at www.l-tunedparts.com and click on the TRD order page, at the bottom you will see a Verisign secure site logo, click on the"order here" link and it takes you to the SECURE SITE which then goes directly to Steve Ganz. Or, you can
click here for a direct link to the secured order web page (this link may not work depending on your browser configuration.

- Mention ClubLexus Group Buy on Torquemaster Plugs in the comment field.
- Fill out the auto information for the car you are buying the plugs for (make/model/engine)
- If buying the plugs for other than a Lexus, include that information in the comments field.
- Also in the comments field, be sure list the type of plugs you want (Standard or Star). Members who have used these plugs definitely recommend the new Star series. Information on this series is not yet listed on the torquemaster website.

Please be sure to be very specific on the year/make/model of your car so you get the right plugs for your car. My understanding is that these plugs are pre-gapped.

Following is contact info for Carson Toyota for those who are local to LA that might want to pick up the plugs to save on shipping, or for those that want to call directly to order the plugs (online order is most definitely preferred).

Carson Toyota
L-Tuned Parts Department
1333 E. 223rd Avenue
Carson, CA 90745
(310) 522-2300
(800) 90-TOYOTA
(310) 522-2325 Fax
7:30am-6pm M-F
8am-4pm Sat.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 06-25-02 at 06:36 PM.
Old 06-25-02, 06:46 AM
Mean Gene
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink I Hate Ya'll!!!!!

Oh sure! NOW ya'll do this group buy thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Dyno results to be posted tonight!

Last edited by Mean Gene; 06-25-02 at 06:46 AM.
Old 06-25-02, 11:31 AM
Percy
Moderator - Electronics Forum

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: I Hate Ya'll!!!!!

Originally posted by Mean Gene
Oh sure! NOW ya'll do this group buy thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Dyno results to be posted tonight!
Don't feel bad Gene. I've been using these plugs since 1990 with excellent results. You could say that a group buy was 12 years in the making!

Percy
Old 06-25-02, 02:23 PM
Mean Gene
Lexus Test Driver

Talking So True!!

P - Mentioned your name when I spoke with Suzi & she hung up!! Naw, she remembered U & said to be sure & tell ya "Hi!" from her & Mauri. Reckon ya did lay the groundwork for the GB & personally, I thank U for turning me onto these plugs! Now go see the dyno writeup!!!

Last edited by Mean Gene; 06-26-02 at 08:18 AM.
Old 06-25-02, 04:34 PM
RacingAristo

Man, I can't wait those plugs arrive to my door. Thank you.

m(_)m

Old 06-25-02, 06:48 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,380 Posts

You bastards. I had to go order a set.
Old 06-25-02, 11:34 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i have a question. so if i want to change the spark plugs for my gs400, i would need to get 8 New Star Series right? are they direct swap with the stock ones? i don't have to do any mods to get them fit, right?
Old 06-26-02, 04:50 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Originally posted by rominl
i have a question. so if i want to change the spark plugs for my gs400, i would need to get 8 New Star Series right? are they direct swap with the stock ones? i don't have to do any mods to get them fit, right?
rominl - I haven't done the switch of the plugs myself, but my understanding is the same is yours. The only thing I've read that may be a little different than a direct swap of the stock plugs is a recommendation for putting some 'tweak' stuff on the new plugs to help them conduct better.
Old 06-26-02, 07:58 AM
Shinchan
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here are some info on star series that I found on Internet from TM's Italy web site.
Attached Thumbnails Torquemaster Spark Plug GB - all models-tm.jpg  
Old 06-26-02, 08:22 AM
RacingAristo

I hope there is an instruction manuel along with the plugs.

Old 06-26-02, 08:24 AM
Mean Gene
Lexus Test Driver

Default Simple R&R

Rom - It's a direct remove & replace procedure. Not sure what "tweak" stuff Dave's using ( let me in on your secret, my friend!! ) but I just put a SMALL dab of anti-seize on the threads ( about 1/3 of the way up them so as not to get any on the multiple electrodes ):eek: then torqued them down to the TM specs ( 20-24 fl/lbs on an aluminium head ). These specs & other info will be with your order from TM ( along with a few other good tips. U can go read my preliminary posts on page 7 of the initial TM thread ( think it's titled "Plug Change - what a difference! ). Then go read my results & U'll see that, IMHO, TM's the only way to go. Hopefully Bit will have the dyno sheets posted for me by then.

RA - Yep, there R several pages of instructions ( some touting other TM products like injection cleaner & oil treatment ). However, if those as good as their plugs, WOW!!

Last edited by Mean Gene; 06-26-02 at 08:26 AM.
Old 06-26-02, 09:37 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts
Default Re: Simple R&R

Originally posted by Mean Gene
Rom - It's a direct remove & replace procedure. Not sure what "tweak" stuff Dave's using ( let me in on your secret, my friend!! ) but I just put a SMALL dab of anti-seize on the threads ( about 1/3 of the way up them so as not to get any on the multiple electrodes ):eek: then torqued them down to the TM specs ( 20-24 fl/lbs on an aluminium head ). These specs & other info will be with your order from TM ( along with a few other good tips. U can go read my preliminary posts on page 7 of the initial TM thread ( think it's titled "Plug Change - what a difference! ). Then go read my results & U'll see that, IMHO, TM's the only way to go. Hopefully Bit will have the dyno sheets posted for me by then.

RA - Yep, there R several pages of instructions ( some touting other TM products like injection cleaner & oil treatment ). However, if those as good as their plugs, WOW!!
cool thanks for the info, i like direct R&R just curious, what specific anti-seize stuff you put on? and what's it mainly for?
Old 06-26-02, 10:39 AM
RacingAristo

Already ordered those monster plugs! Woo Hoo!

Old 06-26-02, 11:25 AM
Shinchan
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yup.. I order the Star series Monster...

Humm.. look very close the to BOSCH Platinum +4..
Old 06-26-02, 02:01 PM
fever
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Shinchan
Yup.. I order the Star series Monster...

Humm.. look very close the to BOSCH Platinum +4..
That's because Bosch copied Torquemaster.

Quick Reply: Torquemaster Spark Plug GB - all models