Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

Leather Care Sale at DetailedImage.com - Save up to 40% (expires 9/14)

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-09, 01:36 PM
Greg@DI
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Leather Care Sale at DetailedImage.com - Save up to 40% (expires 9/14)

Now is a good time to start thinking about your leather care needs as we put our entire leather care section on sale this weekend through Monday the 14th.

Whether you are simply looking for a 1 step maintenance product to keep your leather soft and supple while adding UV protection or your leather needs a complete restoration, we have the products to get the job done.

Save over 40% on Poorboy's World Leather Stuff, one of the most complete 1 step leather products on the market with mild cleaners, gentle conditioners and UV protection with a great leather scent. Leather Stuff not only works on leather, but leatherette, vinyl and rubber as well!

Looking for some of the strongest UV protection on the market? 303 Aerospace Protectant is your answer. Properly protect your leather, leatherette, vinyl, rubber, and plastic anywhere on your vehicle and around the house. You can alter the look of Aerospace Protectant from a semi gloss to complete matte depending on how you apply it. Get more bang for your buck by purchasing the 32oz or 128oz size.

Leather need a complete restoration? There's nothing better than the Leatherique 2 step combo. See why some of the top professional detailers in the world use Leatherique on their customers vehicles. View our complete step-by-step tutorial on Leatherique and get the most out of your leather!

Our leather care sale also includes the following items which also work great on your leather:
Keep in mind, these are sale items, no coupon codes are needed for these prices. While coupon codes do not apply to current sale items, you can still use them on other items you decide to pick up.

If you have any questions on anything or need a hand selecting any products, please do not hesitate to ask.

Greg @ Detailed Image
Old 09-13-09, 09:16 AM
Greg@DI
Former Sponsor

Just a reminder this sale ends at midnight EST on 9/14. Let me know if you need any help picking out some products that will help best with your seats.

Greg @ DI

p.s. Don't forget you can use most of these products around the home on furniture, etc.
Old 09-13-09, 09:56 PM
bjsdjs300
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i really want to try poorboy's leather stuff! but moneys really tight wish this sale could last longer!! how does poorboys natural look compare to leather stuff? i know you can use it on leather but does it condition it at all or just ads protection?
Old 09-14-09, 02:38 PM
Greg@DI
Former Sponsor

The Leather Stuff and the Natural Look are very similar products with the Leather Stuff having a little bit more conditioning power. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Greg @ DI
Old 09-14-09, 08:01 PM
bjsdjs300
Driver School Candidate

thanks for the info! i was just wondering i just got a 32oz bottle of natural look today and was wondering about the two. im trying to build a new arsenal of cleaning products...im stepping up the game from autozone meguiars line...got pc with optimum compound, polish, opti-seal, 845, optimum car wash, some zep apc, now natural look. youll be getting some orders with these kind of sales
Old 09-15-09, 11:55 AM
Shahryar
Lead Lap

Damn, missed the sale. Will have to catch the next one

(hopefully you have something coming soon. I don't really own any cleaning supplies yet for my 2008 IS 350 which I bought new in January - Just have had the regular washes from the dealer on my three visits so far (1k, 5k, 10k)
Old 09-15-09, 12:59 PM
Greg@DI
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Shahryar
Damn, missed the sale. Will have to catch the next one

(hopefully you have something coming soon. I don't really own any cleaning supplies yet for my 2008 IS 350 which I bought new in January - Just have had the regular washes from the dealer on my three visits so far (1k, 5k, 10k)
Sorry to hear you missed it, check out our latest sale though we are giving 10% off and flat rate shipping of $2.99 with any order over $25 through 9/22 (coupon code newshipping). More details are in our full length post.

Greg @ DI
Old 09-16-09, 07:58 AM
RX469
Pole Position

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Oh my, I missed this.
Old 09-22-09, 08:41 AM
Shahryar
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Greg@DI
Sorry to hear you missed it, check out our latest sale though we are giving 10% off and flat rate shipping of $2.99 with any order over $25 through 9/22 (coupon code newshipping). More details are in our full length post.

Greg @ DI
Greg, thanks for the newshipping discount code. I just placed an order and my total came down from $63ish to $53ish saving me $10. Your price compared well with buying direct from leatherique.org (assuming buying straight from a manufacturer would be less). It was a dollar here and a dollar there.

My order was for the Leatherique Prestine Clean - 16 oz, Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil - 16 oz, DI Accessories Adjustable Trigger, and the DI Microfiber All Purpose Towel - 16" x 16". I was just going to get the first two leatherique products, but after I saw the http://www.detailedimage.com/Pro-Det...erique-How-To/, I figured I should get the towel and the adjustable trigger too.

This honestly my first real cleaning product purchase - I'm working my way through other items (I've been referring to https://www.clublexus.com/forums/aut...finitions.html) I didn't clean my old 2004 Accord much and when I did, it was just with whatever I picked up at autozone (armor all, etc). I'll be using the Leatherique in my 2008 Lexus IS 350 (bought new in January) and my wife's 2007 Honda Accord Coupe (bought new in October 2007). I haven't gotten anything cleaned in my IS 350 since I've owned it - other than the complimentary car washes from the dealer on my 1k, 5k, and 10k service. In my wife's Accord I haven't done much either.

There has been some recent.. not so much cracking as light folding and visible softening on the sides of all the seats because of a recent incident where all my windows came down halfway for pretty much a fully 24-hour during which it was raining hard off and on (pretty sure a result from my fob - though I wonder if it was accidental on my end or a malfunction). Maybe this can help with that?

And had one more question on the DI Microfiber All Purpose Towel - 16" x 16". The description says: Always wash your microfiber products prior to first use, ideally with CG Microfiber Detergent. What is this all about? I don't have any microfiber detergent
Old 09-22-09, 09:06 PM
Greg@DI
Former Sponsor

I'm thrilled to hear the results have come out great! I also really appreciate the write up so others can learn about your experience.

Greg @ DI
Old 12-04-09, 06:01 AM
Shahryar
Lead Lap

Sorry to bring an older thread back, but a few months ago I talked about my leatherique purchase (scroll up a few posts to see it). I was sold on leatherique after reading through this thread and the thread on my.is.

However, jfelbab, someone on clublexus.com who has given me a lot of car cleaning advice, had shot me a PM on reasons why I should not use Leatherique.

I haven't used it yet, but wanted to get some more thoughts and opinions before I ultimately decided on what I would do. This is what he said in his PM to me:

Leatherique does not make a protectant. In fact, If you have read any of my leather comments you would conclude that I find this is a poor product for protected leathers. The Rejuvenator Oil will not penetrate the paint-like urethane coating on your leather and just sits on top of it. It certainly does not penetrate the pores of coated leather as they claim in their marketing copy.

A protectant is like a sealant for paint. It dries hard and dust, grime and stains won't penetrate. Many of the leather care products being marketed today were designed for unprotected top grain leather, not coated leathers. Do some homework on this if you doubt what I'm saying. Find a leather expert who is not selling anything and see what they have to say.

FWIW, Besides a few cars with leather, I have about $12,000 worth of custom Italian leather furniture in my home. I have been caring for some of this leather for over 20 years and it is in like new condition. My MR2 is 19 years old and its leather still looks like new. I use two products on my leathers, a cleaner and a protectant. I would never use a conditioner on coated leather. Rejuvenator Oil is a conditioner. It would work on non-coated leather but it is useless on coated leather.

The idea of using a cleaner to remove the conditioner is odd. This would leave NO protection of any kind on your leather after Pristene Clean if their marketing is to be believed.

Use what you want but I'd suggest doing a little more homework and not just listening to those who make a living by selling you these products. They may not be totally unbiased. They also may not have the experience and knowledge to realize they are not recommending the best products for the care of protected leather.

Take a cruise over to Autopia.org and search for threads by judyb for some unbiased leather care info from a highly-trained leather expert.

If you have a high end leather furniture store in your locale ask them for the name of their leather repair expert and see what he/she has to say about leather care.
Old 12-04-09, 10:14 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Sorry to bring an older thread back, but a few months ago I talked about my leatherique purchase (scroll up a few posts to see it). I was sold on leatherique after reading through this thread and the thread on my.is.

However, jfelbab, someone on clublexus.com who has given me a lot of car cleaning advice, had shot me a PM on reasons why I should not use Leatherique.

I haven't used it yet, but wanted to get some more thoughts and opinions before I ultimately decided on what I would do. This is what he said in his PM to me:
Unfortunately that is somewhat true. Modern car leathers with a protectant cannot really be conditioned with conditioning products. I had tried just about everything(leatherique,Zaino Z10, suflex soffner, Griots garage) to soften or condition the leather in my GS which is a little rough and waxy and nothing really worked. The difference after using all these products was minimal at best. For older cars that use un treated or unprotected leather leatherique is great stuff and can transform the leather to being soft and supple but it is a bit useless for conditioning modern cars that have some kind of synthetic protectant. I am sure some of the conditioning product can get to the actual leather through the stitching but it would only be a very very small amount. Leatherique and products like it still seem to be able to clean some of what water/woolite can't and does make the finish a little more matte and not as shiny. Leatherique also may manage to soften the protectant coat to give the impression it is actually softening the leather.

Drop a few drops of water on the seats. Does it soak in or does it just sit on top. If it sits on top then the leather is coated and that is what the conditioner is going to do. Eventually the water will evaporate like the conditioner giving the impression that it is being absorbed but it really is not.

Cleaning leather is still important and adding more protecting on top I am sure can help especially if the leather is exposed to sunlight often. Even if the leather is protected conditioners can still leave the surface looking better, smelling better, and even feeling a little better if they are able to clean the surface, leave the surface more matte, and somewhat soften the protectant coat.
Old 02-03-10, 08:07 AM
Shahryar
Lead Lap

^^ Sorry for the late response UDel. Seems that the conditioner (Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil correct?) is a definite thing not to use, but what about the Leatherique Prestine Clean? Could I use that? My 2008 IS 350 is now just a little over 1 year old and has a little over 19,000 miles. I still haven't treated the leather in any way, I'm wondering what I could do.

I'm wondering what I can do with my leatherique purchase now. The older cars we have w/ a leather interior are my wife's 2007 Accord and my family's 2004 Accord and 2007 CR-V. I'm not sure if they're all protected leather.
Old 02-04-10, 11:08 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

^^ Sorry for the late response UDel. Seems that the conditioner (Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil correct?) is a definite thing not to use, but what about the Leatherique Prestine Clean? Could I use that? My 2008 IS 350 is now just a little over 1 year old and has a little over 19,000 miles. I still haven't treated the leather in any way, I'm wondering what I could do.

I'm wondering what I can do with my leatherique purchase now. The older cars we have w/ a leather interior are my wife's 2007 Accord and my family's 2004 Accord and 2007 CR-V. I'm not sure if they're all protected leather.
Leatherique works a little different then most leather treatment products. The conditioner is used first then cleaner last which is the opposite from other leather processes. From what I understand the Conditioner or Rejuvenator is absorbed into the leather and then brings out the dirt, oil, salt, etc to the surface so it can be cleaned and wiped off with the Pristine Clean. I don't think Pristine clean will be all that effective without using the rejuvenator first, it is a two step process. I have used Leatherique before and even though it does not make much difference on treated leather like in a GS or IS it certainly did not hurt or harm my leather. To clean your IS 350 leather I would just use what the Lexus owner manual recommends which I believe is a woolite and water mixture and agitate it with a soft brush or foam pad. If you want to add some conditioner you may just want to use the stuff they sell at Lexus dealerships(I have not tried it yet). I have heard Leather Masters is good stuff.

The Honda's will have a very similar protected leather like a IS does so you will basically have the same results with Leatherique. As for what what to do with the Leatherique it would still be great to condition untreated leather like old belts, leather jackets, chairs, gloves, etc you may have. You could sell it or give it to someone who owns a older Jaguar, Ferrari, Masserati, Bentley, RR, Mercedes, that has unprotected leather or just keep it in case you end up owning a car with untreated leather.
Old 02-04-10, 01:10 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

ive used the prestine clean alone before.. Its as almost the same as using the rejuv before.

I have 4 bottles sitting in the garage =p