Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

IS250 AWD Road Magnet Lowering Spring Sale

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-08, 09:43 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by hihi410
By the looks of it, the car may be sitting at a small slope in front of the garage.
yep... my driveway! its a decent slope...

I do have a little more gap in the front i stuffed a fat tire in the rear unlike most! If I could fit more in the front I would. May just do some fender mods down the road and fill that gap! NO GAP is good

Good luck guys! cant wait for the pics!

Last edited by passnu2; 04-10-08 at 10:04 PM.
Old 04-11-08, 04:58 AM
Big Willy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hihi410
Hey Big *****,

Can you post some day time pictures?

You are the key to our questions and concerns.

Thanks for the effort by the way. Appreciate you taking the time to help us make a decision.
I am going to take some day time pics this weekend. Everyone on this site has always helped me out.
It's well worth the few minutes if it helps.

Last edited by Big Willy; 04-11-08 at 05:02 AM.
Old 04-11-08, 05:50 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Big *****
I am going to take some day time pics this weekend. Everyone on this site has always helped me out.
It's well worth the few minutes if it helps.

This place is so awesome! I have never been on a forum in the past where people are so genuine and helpful. First time I have ever stuck around. I just got an email a few days back from a site I must have joined close to 10 years ago saying they miss me and want me back HAHA.

I look forward to the pics. Your car seems to sit lower then mine from your measurements. The only thing I can think is that you are on OEM rims Just trying to be of help also to the ones that have a doubt like others where for me.

are you putting summer or aftermarket rims on your car?
Old 04-11-08, 05:57 AM
Big Willy
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by passnu2

This place is so awesome! I have never been on a forum in the past where people are so genuine and helpful. First time I have ever stuck around. I just got an email a few days back from a site I must have joined close to 10 years ago saying they miss me and want me back HAHA.

I look forward to the pics. Your car seems to sit lower then mine from your measurements. The only thing I can think is that you are on OEM rims Just trying to be of help also to the ones that have a doubt like others where for me.

are you putting summer or aftermarket rims on your car?
Yes, I have a set of 19's. I thought it would probably be a good base line if I started with the stock wheel and tire combo. If I have time, this week end, I'll mount the 19's and post pics and measurments.

Last edited by Big Willy; 04-11-08 at 06:47 AM.
Old 04-11-08, 06:02 AM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Keep in mind, the AWD sits higher stock than the 350's. Bill, a pic with your 19's will give them a better idea of the drop.

Unfortunately, my car has the prototype springs that are lower than the production springs, so pics of my drop won't help any.
Old 04-11-08, 06:48 AM
Big Willy
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MrMark
Keep in mind, the AWD sits higher stock than the 350's. Bill, a pic with your 19's will give them a better idea of the drop.

Unfortunately, my car has the prototype springs that are lower than the production springs, so pics of my drop won't help any.
Mark, I have to disagree. If you post pics of your car it would make us all feel better...The thing is sick!
Old 04-11-08, 08:44 AM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Big *****
Mark, I have to disagree. If you post pics of your car it would make us all feel better...The thing is sick!
His car is posted in the first post.
Old 04-11-08, 09:28 AM
lexboi250
Lexus Champion

I agree with Passnu2, this place is awesome! Everyone's so helpful, is because of this I decided to go with the RM springs. Big Wily's been awesome providing those very helpful and convincing pictures and answering my concerns. MrMark and Apex84 are great with providing info, Apex84 has been nothing but patient with answering numerous emails from me. Great communications!

I can't wait for these springs to go on next saturday, do you guys know if discount tire install springs? I'm getting my tire and wheels installed there, so thought I can get 2 thing done in 1 shot.
Old 04-11-08, 09:32 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by MrMark

Your drop is sick! That looks better IMO. Why did they change it? Your car is one of my favs on this site
Old 04-11-08, 09:33 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by lexboi250
I agree with Passnu2, this place is awesome!

I can't wait for these springs to go on next saturday, do you guys know if discount tire install springs? I'm getting my tire and wheels installed there, so thought I can get 2 thing done in 1 shot.
I dont think that discount will do that? I am pretty sure they stick to Tires only? but it can hurt to ask.
Old 04-11-08, 09:56 AM
lexboi250
Lexus Champion

do you know how much places usually charge for spring installation?
Old 04-11-08, 10:07 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by lexboi250
do you know how much places usually charge for spring installation?
IMO 150$ or less is fair. You need to make friends with a Tech at a car dealer that can and will do good work after hours. Its good cash for them and helps you out! This is what I do when its best for me not to push my luck

PS..there is a thread in here that is pretty detailed about the DIY and AFS if you have it. Read up and take it with you
Old 04-11-08, 04:31 PM
hihi410
Lead Lap

Like Passnu2 said, $150 and less would be a good value for installation. Taking out springs isn't really hard, just a lot of little work. It's easier for shops with lift since they can work on them all at once.

Can't wait for pictures!
Old 04-13-08, 08:23 AM
lexboi250
Lexus Champion

Big *****, any updates on some nice day time pictures? very anxious to see them
Old 04-13-08, 02:49 PM
J250
Lexus Test Driver

Hey Big *****,
Just wondering, with that height are you able to drive straight onto speed bumps? Or do you have to curve in an angle onto them?

Thanks

Quick Reply: IS250 AWD Road Magnet Lowering Spring Sale