Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

Sewell Lexus Online, lexus-parts.com - Tested and Approved - Lexus SMART Card

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-08, 07:01 AM
Sewell
Parts Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 4GRFSE-GFM
price for the key blank?
On the premise we do not charge an additional fee for the cutting of a key, the price for a blank key will be the same price as an uncut key.
Old 01-24-08, 08:48 PM
IS250SoCal
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you know if I can take a Smart Card from someone and a dealership can reprogram it for my IS? I have a buddy with an LS who doesnt use his Smart Card and has given it to me.
Old 01-25-08, 07:02 AM
Sewell
Parts Vendor

Originally Posted by IS250SoCal
Do you know if I can take a Smart Card from someone and a dealership can reprogram it for my IS? I have a buddy with an LS who doesnt use his Smart Card and has given it to me.
...be careful on this one. There has been mention of the SMART cards only having the ability to be programmed just once. In other words, once you register the SMART card to a vehicle, the SMART card is now "married" to the vehichle and cannot stray to another.

I have not confirmed this information so just take note.

Darrel
Old 01-25-08, 10:23 AM
IS250SoCal
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Lexus-Parts
...be careful on this one. There has been mention of the SMART cards only having the ability to be programmed just once. In other words, once you register the SMART card to a vehicle, the SMART card is now "married" to the vehichle and cannot stray to another.

I have not confirmed this information so just take note.

Darrel
Damn...... Thanks. How much longer are you gonna have the sale through Sewell?
I want to buy the smart card and the key.
Old 02-07-08, 02:37 PM
fazooley1
Driver School Candidate

Just ordered 2 sets, one or me and one for my fiance. Now she can just stick this in her wallet and dosent have to worry about missing keys anymore

fazooley
Old 02-08-08, 09:47 AM
FrayKay
Driver

I would throw mine in my purse, but its a jungle in there, and there's no guarantee that I would ever find it again.
Old 02-08-08, 10:06 AM
rfx45
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^ As long as you carry the same bag to you car all the time then you would still have access to the car so it shouldn't matter if its lost in your bag.
Old 02-08-08, 02:05 PM
Lexus GS3
Trouble Maker

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by fazooley1
Just ordered 2 sets, one or me and one for my fiance. Now she can just stick this in her wallet and dosent have to worry about missing keys anymore

fazooley
Your Fiance is lucky and special to get to drive your car at any given time. No gurl/gurls will ever drive my car. They can only be my passengers.
Old 02-08-08, 04:22 PM
fazooley1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Lexus GS3
Your Fiance is lucky and special to get to drive your car at any given time. No gurl/gurls will ever drive my car. They can only be my passengers.
She has her own key to the f430 spyder as well as the aston. When I had my m6 and 760li she had the keys to those as well. She's pretty much welcome to drive them whenever she wants however barely ever used them
fazoley
Old 02-08-08, 08:24 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

She has her own key to the f430 spyder as well as the aston. When I had my m6 and 760li she had the keys to those as well. She's pretty much welcome to drive them whenever she wants however barely ever used them
fazoley
Wow. You are so generous.
Old 02-08-08, 11:49 PM
Lexus GS3
Trouble Maker

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

fazoley
WOW lucky her
Old 02-22-08, 01:35 PM
rfx45
Lexus Test Driver

Ordered. Hopefully it comes before my first 5k maintenance so i could get it programmed at the same time.
Old 03-06-08, 04:27 PM
Khankn32
Driver

Default -

I got my CC key in about 2 weeks ago and didnt have time to get it done till today. Lexus of Charlotte N.C called me today and said it couldn't be done, but was willing to try a "different" way where I have too bring them both the master key and try to reprogram "everything." I would also have to pay "2 hours" of labor which cost about $200 and some change. I told them where i purchased it, and that other peeps have done it no problem. Any idea whats going on?!

Thanks!
Old 03-06-08, 06:13 PM
Drunkebuda
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Khankn32
I got my CC key in about 2 weeks ago and didnt have time to get it done till today. Lexus of Charlotte N.C called me today and said it couldn't be done, but was willing to try a "different" way where I have too bring them both the master key and try to reprogram "everything." I would also have to pay "2 hours" of labor which cost about $200 and some change. I told them where i purchased it, and that other peeps have done it no problem. Any idea whats going on?!

Thanks!
Umm search in the 2is forum there was caritech i think was his sn who is a lexus master tech he did a card programing to his car and has step my step process of how he did it and what to tell them to avoid doing
Old 03-07-08, 06:58 AM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Carchitect's write-up is here

Quick Reply: Sewell Lexus Online, lexus-parts.com - Tested and Approved - Lexus SMART Card