Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

IS Model Cluster Backlight *The 25* GB

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-04, 12:08 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts
Default IS Model Cluster Backlight *The 25* GB

You can have any dash color from the list below:

- Snow White

- Ice Blue

- Blood Red

- Mint Green

Prices for this GB are going to be $89 for the dash cluster changeover ONLY. There will be nothing else offered (radio, climate), do not ask.

Questions:

- Do I need to Send my dash in to get the work done?

If you want to make sure it is perfect and super nice, you need to let me do it. The reason being is that the IS cluster works off of translucent light. You have to aim the led's just right to get that *BLING* out of them. Also, we hand solder every single led in for top notch dependability.

- Why do you solder each led in?

Because if you go into the SC or GS forum and ask the guy's what they think of the bulb bases that hold the bulbs in on their cluster they will tell you they HATE THEM. The copper contacts on the bases become oxidized and begin to lose connection. As they lose connection they begin to get dimmer, and eventually work only when they want to. You will end up having to "smack" the dash to get the contacts to work over time. Wouldn't you like to do it right the first time? Direct soldering is the only way to avoid this future problem.

This isn't just theory folks, go start a thread! I deal with this every day! Avoid future problems now and don't ghetto up your lexus. Insist on hand soldered top quality connections that allow full power to get to your led's.

- Can i get a kit from you and solder it myself?

Sure! I'd love to help you get your cluster strait, just ask The prices i give are without labor, I never charge labor.

- Why Does LLS seem so sucessful? Everyone on Club Lexus has nothing but good things to say.

We are not in it for the money, look at the prices. When i began doing dashwork for the Lexus guy's i helped people so much they made me a moderator, then later a supermoderator. This is my passion and we are not a fly by night company, I am your Club Lexus Supermoderator and my word is gold.

- What led's do you use?

I use very high output 10,000 mcd ultra bright led's. My led's are geared for 8 years of life and are warrentied for 1 year, but you can always just say "hey brian, i need an led for that cluster" and you got it!

Where can i find more info on LLS?

Here is the original thread that started it all a year ago:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=88406 (this is 57 pages long and has 847 replies)

Here is the article on the homepage of CL:

https://www.clublexus.com/index.php/...iew/2278/1/10/

Here is our website:

www.Lextech.org

Remember, we are not only the ONLY Club Lexus approved Lighting solution for your IS model, we are your CL Supermod team and trust is the name of the game. With such a history and hundreds of customers with NO complaints ever, How can you go wrong? We are not Technician's, we are Engineers! We are the ONLY Lexus Specialty Lighting STORE in the world. We do not repair Clusters, we engineer them.

The only Specialty Lexus Lighting Store

This GB starts NOW and runs 10 days.

Read this special paragraph!
If you want everything converted the most inexpensive way to do it is to simply buy colored rubber caps from a local autozone or pep boys and use them where ever else you wish. The speedo is the MOST IMPORTANT area because it if "face out" whch means you see the light that is directly in firing into your eyes. This is why we do NOT do anything else, it is not needed. You can achieve the look you are wanting with these simple and inexpensive bulb caps and use them in the area's that are hidded behind plastic like the ***** for the climate and the radio unit.

YOU DO NOT NEED LED"S in these area's. If they are hidden behind plastic, they are not going to affect the luminance. ONLY the speedo unit needs the LED's to perform correctly and have the deep color and brilliance of light. Save yourself a few bucks and take it from the experts! We are trying to SAVE you money! This will work for everything except white. you will not get a pure white, but you will get a very similar white by stretching the blue caps thin.
Attached Thumbnails IS Model Cluster Backlight *The 25* GB-iscluster2.jpg  

Last edited by O. L. T.; 04-05-04 at 04:50 PM.
Old 04-05-04, 12:11 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Clearer example.
Also, here is a link to our normal price: http://lextech.org/osCommerce/produc...0554524430f588
Attached Thumbnails IS Model Cluster Backlight *The 25* GB-135_3545.jpg  

Last edited by O. L. T.; 04-05-04 at 12:15 AM.
Old 04-05-04, 12:14 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

A sample of our Blue led's. Please visit our website for color examples. I only have the white pic available at this time, the color will be exactly as you see it in the other clusters on our website.
Attached Thumbnails IS Model Cluster Backlight *The 25* GB-13879135_3569.jpg  
Old 04-05-04, 04:49 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Read this special paragraph!
If you want everything converted the most inexpensive way to do it is to simply buy colored rubber caps from a local autozone or pep boys and use them where ever else you wish. The speedo is the MOST IMPORTANT area because it if "face out" whch means you see the light that is directly in firing into your eyes. This is why we do NOT do anything else, it is not needed. You can achieve the look you are wanting with these simple and inexpensive bulb caps and use them in the area's that are hidded behind plastic like the ***** for the climate and the radio unit.

YOU DO NOT NEED LED"S in these area's. If they are hidden behind plastic, they are not going to affect the luminance. ONLY the speedo unit needs the LED's to perform correctly and have the deep color and brilliance of light. Save yourself a few bucks and take it from the experts! We are trying to SAVE you money! This will work for everything except white. you will not get a pure white, but you will get a very similar white by stretching the blue caps thin.

Last edited by O. L. T.; 04-05-04 at 04:50 PM.
Old 04-08-04, 07:42 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

I have 4 orders confirmed. What's up with you IS guy's? Skeered to post ?

Anyway, 4 so far.
Old 04-09-04, 01:52 AM
INDGOGRL
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Hey ! Don't forget IS gals !

I'd like to order too, but I couldn't find where it says how I'm supposed to place an order and get the GB discount price.

Please help.

Thanks !

Last edited by INDGOGRL; 04-09-04 at 01:55 AM.
Old 04-09-04, 09:45 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

You just did

pm'ed all relative info.
Old 04-09-04, 02:43 PM
edgy
Lead Lap

i am in ... email me or PM & i will buy a set...

edwardg@herbalife.com

thank you
Old 04-10-04, 06:14 PM
Synergy
Northern California Regional Officer

Hopefully you will be able to setup a GB for us GS freaks who want to convert!
Old 04-10-04, 08:06 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

I have started designing the units and will hopefully have something very very soon after i get past these GB rushes.
Old 04-10-04, 08:11 PM
Synergy
Northern California Regional Officer

Originally posted by O. L. T.
I have started designing the units and will hopefully have something very very soon after i get past these GB rushes.
Super sweet!

Keep us posted!

Old 04-12-04, 11:36 AM
13s_is300
Pole Position

i want to do this.

1. how do i pay
2. where do i send my dash
3. does this work on the altezza dash
4. what is the turnaround time.
Old 04-12-04, 02:54 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

this is for the standard IS dash, you are going to need to show me the altezza dash first , as i do not own an IS so i am not extremely fluent on the options. Lighting, is lighting, is lighting, but i like to know what i am getting into beforehand. What LLS does can be done on literally any cluster, but certain steps need to be followed on dashes that are not considered standard IS dashes which i will refer to as the ones generally listed in this thread. I need to make certain there are no surprises on wiring or otherwise. So basically, at this point not enough info to answer your question.
Old 04-12-04, 06:19 PM
13s_is300
Pole Position

ok but what about the other questions?
Old 04-12-04, 09:20 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

None of those apply, we don't even know if i can do it or not. jumping the gun a bit there.

Last edited by O. L. T.; 04-12-04 at 09:21 PM.

Quick Reply: IS Model Cluster Backlight *The 25* GB