CL Vendor Products for SC300/SC400 New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the 1SC model from CL Vendors

Group Buy OFFICIAL GROUP BUY Headlights (Low Beams) Clear Lens

Old 01-27-17, 10:07 AM
Organized Garage Status
Former Sponsor

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts
Default OFFICIAL GROUP BUY Headlights (Low Beams) Clear Lens

Well, we heard your voices, and this is your chance to own a set!

Who is Organized Garage Status?

We specialize in headlight restoration and customization services for Lexus vehicles. We have been in business and a vendor for Club Lexus for a little over a year with impeccable results and products to show.

What and why Clear Lens Conversion?

Most old model vehicles' headlights had fluting or more commonly known as “lines” on the lenses to disperse the light output of the old fashioned halogen bulbs more effectively. Advancements of modern technology in lighting have completely moved on from ingenious manipulation of light rays through the fluting in the lenses and have completely switched to clear headlight lenses. The switch to clear headlight lenses not only provided better lighting performance but also gave newer vehicles a cleaner and a modern appearance.

What the deal is?

Our Clear Lens Conversion service is available at any time to anyone, but since most owners drive their vehicle daily, they are not able to send in their headlights for service with a week or two of downtime, and because of this many owners have been inquiring about purchasing the lenses. Well, we heard your voices, and this is your chance to own a set.

The service is available through us by shipping in your headlights set for $480.

Now is your chance to purchase a set instead of sending your headlights in for a service, for only $340 shipped to you (within CONUS)!

We will start shipping orders on the second week of February (6th onwards) with tracking numbers.

We’ll need at least 5 people to get the ball rolling. We have a very limited amount of sets on hand, and might not have any for another month or two. Invoices will be sent through PayPal, for a 100% deposit, which is fully refundable.

Details:

The lenses are brand new from a mold. The lenses surround are painted (either grey or black, your choice), just like the factory lenses. Those who have had clear lenses before will be familiar with why the surround is painted. The material is polycarbonate, which is exactly what OEM lenses are made of. Surround rubber gaskets are not included, you will have to reuse the ones from your OEM headlights, however we can include generic surround rubber gaskets by request. Like all aftermarket headlights, the lenses are not clear coated or hardcoated. It comes standard in all our services to install a protective film as an alternative and a permanent solution from dulling, turning yellow and damaged headlights. In this group buy, we are giving you guys the option to include this service with your purchase for $70 or not.

Installation:

The complexity of installation is 6/10, if done the right way. Minor modifications are needed when using the OEM reflector bezels to fit the clear lens. Our process of install entails scraping all the old glue off and installing new butyl glue, which can also be purchased from our website for $15, and is the exact same glue they use from the factory to seal the headlights properly. We will try our best to upload short videos of disassembly and installation as soon as possible as a guide. Install at your own risk. We will not be liable for water seepage and damages from DIY install.

Here are examples of our work and the quality of the Clear Lens Conversion.

IMG_6659 by Organized Garage Status, on Flickr

IMG_6660 by Organized Garage Status, on Flickr

IMG_6656 by Organized Garage Status, on Flickr

IMG_6658 by Organized Garage Status, on Flickr

IMG_6686 by Organized Garage Status, on Flickr

IMG_7441 by Organized Garage Status, on Flickr

IMG_7439 by Organized Garage Status, on Flickr

IMG_7426 by Organized Garage Status, on Flickr

IMG_7429 by Organized Garage Status, on Flickr

Last edited by Organized Garage Status; 01-27-17 at 07:43 PM.
Old 01-27-17, 10:09 AM
Organized Garage Status
Former Sponsor

***Deleted***

Last edited by Organized Garage Status; 06-18-17 at 09:28 PM.
Old 01-28-17, 12:32 AM
jwin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can I send you a set of headlights and can you provide the full service for me?
Old 01-28-17, 12:48 AM
Organized Garage Status
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by jwin
Can I send you a set of headlights and can you provide the full service for me?
Hey jwin!

Absolutely! It will be the regular price of $480. Please email us at organizedgaragestatus@yahoo.com for details on shipping. Thank you!

Daniel
Old 01-28-17, 02:02 PM
Takumi86
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Group buy

I changed my mind sorry

Last edited by Takumi86; 01-28-17 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Changed my mind
Old 02-06-17, 05:22 PM
Deathbarel
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

so my options are to send you my headlights and have this done to them for 480 or buy some new ones from you for 340. why does it cost so much for the service if im sending you the headlight
Old 02-06-17, 05:57 PM
Organized Garage Status
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Deathbarel
so my options are to send you my headlights and have this done to them for 480 or buy some new ones from you for 340. why does it cost so much for the service if im sending you the headlight
That includes the labor in taking apart your headlights, cleaning it, scraping all the old glue off, installation and protective film. This group buy is only for the lens itself since a lot of people have been inquiring about just purchasing the lens and doing it by themselves.
Old 02-15-17, 05:28 PM
Organized Garage Status
Former Sponsor

UPDATE ON THE CLEAR LENS GROUP BUY:
After several delays on new lenses, our supplier has given us one last chance to receive new shipment. Due to not having enough demand, we might be pulling the plug on making them, for good. If we can get at least 10 people on the group buy we might be able to justify continuing production. We have 4 on the list as of the moment. This group buy is for the lens alone. The lens is brand new from mold, not deligned or sanded down. BRAND SPANKING NEW. The soonest they can be available if we get 10 people on the group buy is mid March. Contact us with your Club Lexus username so we can put you on the list, and we'll send out invoices through PayPal at the end of this week.

Old 02-16-17, 05:56 AM
jwin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Count me in for one set of lens.
Old 02-16-17, 04:55 PM
asianrob
Driver

count me in
Old 02-17-17, 12:06 AM
Organized Garage Status
Former Sponsor

Hey guys, we'll be sending out invoices tomorrow. Please PM us your email address for PayPal. Pricing is as follow:

DIY Install (Lens Only) $340
Send in your core headlights for service install $480
*Optional protective film for lifetime guarantee of no yellowing or oxidation +$70

Minimum payment tomorrow is $340.

Thank you!
Old 02-17-17, 07:11 PM
Jdmsc5spd
Driver School Candidate

Will you be carrying on these on your site after the group buy? Or is this just a one time thing?
Old 02-17-17, 07:29 PM
Organized Garage Status
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jdmsc5spd
Will you be carrying on these on your site after the group buy? Or is this just a one time thing?
Please see post #8. There is still no guarantee we'll be able to continue offering this.
Old 02-18-17, 11:15 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 549 Likes on 369 Posts

I'm impressed that you were able to find a company to produce the lens and only sell them for $340. This a great deal for a low production product. I hope you're able to make this group buy happen.
Old 02-20-17, 10:01 AM
Organized Garage Status
Former Sponsor

UPDATE ON THE CLEAR LENS GROUP BUY
The waiting game begins! We have 15 people on the list, we've sent out the invoices Friday night, but we've only received payment for 5 so far. We are still accepting orders until we receive at least 10 payments. FYI the later we receive the payments, the later we can submit our order to the manufacturer.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Group Buy OFFICIAL GROUP BUY Headlights (Low Beams) Clear Lens