CL Vendor Products for SC300/SC400 New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the 1SC model from CL Vendors

Now taking preorders: 50MM Front Fenders, Vented AND Non-Vented!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-17, 01:12 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by Halon
I dunno, I think that jade green stock width one looks way better
looks like ...

how is the over-all look of the car with the kit Brandon ?

This picture of your car with the kit ... I don't like that view . Or is it that the kit hasn't gone back to its real shape ? The damn driver side quarter panel looks like the car has a tumor ... the bulge is so much ?

I got to see Chris' (Chnk) kit in person . My eyes are probably just deceiving me just because the kit isn't yet painted and the wheels / tires are so sunken in ... that is why that bulge is so pronounced.

Brandon - is the car close to looking like this car pictured below with the kit ? I know there are only some minor things Irving has to work on the front fender .

Irving - your APTech wide body kit is going into the beige car on the right that is making +900rwhp right now so it better look good . I am patiently waiting for those revised front fenders so they can be shipped out with the quarter panels . I initially thought of the Black Pearl having the wide body kit since it will eventually make more power but I hate to tear apart and molest an original 1997 5 speed so I will go with the 1992.

Name:  4pic5_zpsievbppzh.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  318.2 KB

Last edited by gerrb; 03-28-17 at 02:31 PM.
Old 03-28-17, 05:12 PM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by APTech
. Well you have a gorgeous car, it's really clean, almost sleeper status (except for the FMIC lol).

I currently don't make any lips for the 92 crowd , and am currently booked until November with projects.
ah well, not a big deal. Gerrb actually mentioned there is a poly version of my lip on ebay now, so I may just grab one of those.

and thanks for the compliment on the car. Sleeper is the goal. Pretty much don't want people to even look twice at me at a stop light, but still want it to be clean.

David's car is coming along with your kit. Still a ways to go but it's a project so thats how it goes. Can't wait to see it once it's done.
Old 03-28-17, 05:25 PM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

Gerrb that's one of my local buddies car. I'll wait to judge it til the kit is fully on. He still doesn't have the correct rear bumper on, and the wheels make it look funny. But they are slowly and surely getting it done. I'm very interested to see what will look like once completed. I will say that after seeing that car, his headlights make me want to send mine to OG Garage Status to get redone, they look incredibly clean.

What kit is on that other car u posted?
Old 03-28-17, 05:35 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

Both the Old Man Tan and Black Pearl have the APTech (auto couture) front & rear bumpers and side skirts. By themselves , pretty sure the cars will look good once painted . Just wondering if converting one of them into a wide body will even make it look better . But I don't want a riced out look... just a subtle , classy wide body look . The beige car is the best candidate since I am done with its drive drain and interior. All it needs is the right set of wheels and drag radial tires, suspension and a paint job. It is a 1992 for which I don't mind cutting out the quarter panels . So it will all depend on how the wide body kit will come out. Got to see that of Chris soon .

At any rate , Irving will still do some modifications on the front fender to take care of some concerns.. When the front wheel is flushed to the front fender , the back part of the wheel should be inside the rear end arch of the front fender to avoid being damaged on an up and down suspension play and probably keeping the roundness of that wheel well arch. As mentioned above , he will do a limited run of the modified version.

On this picture you see better the APTech body kit on the black and beige cars :

Name:  4pic2_zpsrm7k3p6b.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  343.2 KB

Last edited by gerrb; 03-29-17 at 04:10 AM.