CL Vendor Products for SC300/SC400 New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the 1SC model from CL Vendors

APT: Urethane Vertex style front bumper

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-16, 02:11 PM
SCFactory
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CatManD3W
APTech...you should come up with a new style bumper.....instead of remaking ones
Exactly my thoughts
Old 04-29-16, 09:36 AM
APTech
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CatManD3W
Im waiting for someone to incorporate the new lexus front end into a new bumper....

I know there is a member that is currently crafting a custom one off bumper by hacking up a newer IS bumper
We've looked into that, but how many guys are actually willing to spend the money to have that bumper? The Lexus grille set alone is about the cost of our AC bumper, you'd be looking at a 1000+ front bumper once its all said and done.
Old 04-29-16, 12:49 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 431 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by APTech
We've looked into that, but how many guys are actually willing to spend the money to have that bumper? The Lexus grille set alone is about the cost of our AC bumper, you'd be looking at a 1000+ front bumper once its all said and done.
I wonder though how the SC will look with it Did you do a design drawing that you can post ? Just wondering if it will even match the round edges of the SC. Most Lexus cars that have the spindle grille now have a lot of pointed edges

and that bumper will be more expensive than what I paid for each of the 3 1992 SCs I have , lol.

And I won't stop bugging you for the diffuser before I get my cars painted ...
Old 04-29-16, 01:01 PM
APTech
Former Sponsor

I got you, Gerrb! my proto guy is fully aware that the in house SC gets priority over other projects haha.
Old 04-30-16, 01:47 PM
Gc3p0
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

count me in!
Old 05-05-16, 04:55 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Dang , if only there was the Vertex Body Kit in Poly-urethane version ........ after 11 days , 6 people interested ? We had more than 20 of the AC in less than a week.

Irving - I thought there were so many who requested you this kit. Or is it another one of the famous, "I will buy it if you had one ..." quote . Then when available , you never hear from people again. Now with the spindle grilled bumper talk , I will be surprised if you get more than 10 paid buyers of this kit . Let's get it going guys so the rear diffuser and spindle grilled bumper can be on the design table of APTech.

With a nicely designed functional rear diffuser group buy ... you might have had more takers than this kit by now Hint Hint Hint
Old 05-05-16, 11:46 AM
APTech
Former Sponsor

It's looking like another "i would buy it if you made it" situations lol. We'll see though, we're making great progress on this and the ******* we are making for the SC's.
Old 05-05-16, 02:27 PM
Gee44
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Is a rear diffuser being made too? Like the one pictured in the other thread or there's no plan for it yet?

Just checking.....
Old 05-11-16, 06:29 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Irving - is this group buy a go or a bust ? Didn't you do a prototype on your car ? Any picture ?
Old 05-11-16, 09:29 AM
sunny416
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

im acutally surprised with the lack of interest. ive given him the deposit and i believe it should be done in 2 weeks or so. im looking fw to it.
Old 05-11-16, 10:02 AM
eknine9
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sunny416
im acutally surprised with the lack of interest. ive given him the deposit and i believe it should be done in 2 weeks or so. im looking fw to it.
Honestly I assume that the majority of people looking for poly-urethane right now went in on the AC style bumper. I imagine if this same group buy came out 5 or 6 months from now it'd do a lot better than it is currently doing. The lack of pictures may also be hurting interest.
Old 05-11-16, 10:20 AM
sunny416
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

1+ on the picturea part but we all know how vertex looks like so it shouldn't be an issue.
Old 05-11-16, 04:51 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

This is exactly what prevent manufacturers from doing anything new for a car without committed / paid orders. People say they want this or that and when it comes to the actual sale , they disappear . Seen it countless times.

On the day Irving posted this group buy I told him my reservations . In fact I told him that I doubted he will get 10 paid orders on that Vertex bumper . Well, he said he had tons of people who told him they wanted one so he started the group buy.

And here we are . Now we have six people who got back with him . But when it wasn't available , so many had it on their wish list. Where are they now ?

Last edited by gerrb; 05-13-16 at 03:22 AM.
Old 05-12-16, 11:23 AM
APTech
Former Sponsor

I gotta say Gerrb, you were right haha. We're not concerned at all though, I know once we post a final product image we'll get more sales.

I'm several hundred miles away from the office this week, but will post some progress pics once i get back. p

This one "hiccup" won't stop us from making additional products for the SC or other Lexus platforms.
Old 05-12-16, 12:14 PM
962jzsc415
Intermediate

Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by APTech
I gotta say Gerrb, you were right haha. We're not concerned at all though, I know once we post a final product image we'll get more sales.

I'm several hundred miles away from the office this week, but will post some progress pics once i get back. p

This one "hiccup" won't stop us from making additional products for the SC or other Lexus platforms.
APT just a suggestion to make a insert for the sunroof? To get rid of the whole sunroof assembly.

Quick Reply: APT: Urethane Vertex style front bumper