CL Vendor Products for IS-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the IS-F model from CL Vendors

New Product RR Racing Tuned Intake and Throttlebody Development Thread

Old 06-24-16, 11:09 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

clip
Old 06-25-16, 01:31 PM
redcrxsi
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been following this thread from the beginning and from the RR dyno although peak gains are solid it really looks like the area under the curve 3500rpms (possible lower) are vastly improved. Is it a function of the dyno exaggerating things? If I'm looking at it correctly it's ~75ft-lbs. Just cruising around that's must really make it feel seat of the pants faster. For those who daily drive, that's where most of the time is spent anyway.

Thoughts?
Old 06-25-16, 11:08 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by redcrxsi
Been following this thread from the beginning and from the RR dyno although peak gains are solid it really looks like the area under the curve 3500rpms (possible lower) are vastly improved. Is it a function of the dyno exaggerating things? If I'm looking at it correctly it's ~75ft-lbs. Just cruising around that's must really make it feel seat of the pants faster. For those who daily drive, that's where most of the time is spent anyway.

Thoughts?
Where are you seeing the 75ft-lbs?

http://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.club...9d9bd6cc5f.jpg

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.clu...091a03da67.jpg
Old 06-26-16, 09:20 AM
redcrxsi
Driver

Yeah sorry about that should have referenced where I was looking, was from the dyno chart posted on their website. Your right the ones posted in this thread didn't show near that much...

http://www.rr-racing.com/RR-Racing-T...isfitk0003.htm

It must have something to do with the dyno chart.
Old 06-27-16, 02:28 AM
jleonard71
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Any other vids yet? I'd like to hear what it sounds like at idle and revving to see how much (if any) that new box changes the overall sound of the car. I definitely noticed a difference in sound between my old Takeda intake and the HPS Silicone tube that I just replace it with.
Old 06-27-16, 05:07 AM
Lets Drive
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by redcrxsi
Yeah sorry about that should have referenced where I was looking, was from the dyno chart posted on their website. Your right the ones posted in this thread didn't show near that much...

http://www.rr-racing.com/RR-Racing-T...isfitk0003.htm

It must have something to do with the dyno chart.
You're probably referencing their performance upgrade package, which is basing power on the addition of full exhaust mods, intake and tune.
Old 06-27-16, 06:44 AM
redcrxsi
Driver

Originally Posted by Lets Drive
You're probably referencing their performance upgrade package, which is basing power on the addition of full exhaust mods, intake and tune.
Well no that's not what the dyno chart says, it says tune/headers/exhaust VS 87mm intake, tune, headers, exhaust. Just talking about the area at 3500rpms, which shows ~75ft-lbs. I'm inclined to believe that it's just the chart and different starting times with the throttle or something based on the other dyno charts in this thread. Just wanted to throw it out there.
Old 07-18-16, 07:17 PM
rselby
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

anyone else with some dyno #s or drag strip #s, that has the tune and intake?
Old 07-18-16, 07:20 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 666 Likes on 589 Posts

I have a customer that will be doing some before and after dyno runs.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 07-19-16, 07:33 AM
rselby
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
I have a customer that will be doing some before and after dyno runs.

-Josh
cool , cant wait to see the GAINS!
Old 07-19-16, 07:36 AM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by rselby
anyone else with some dyno #s or drag strip #s, that has the tune and intake?
Someone had posted that they shaved 5 seconds off their track time with the tune and intake.
Old 07-19-16, 09:45 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

This was posted by lolfunxion: "Just get the RR racing intake / tune and your car will sound like a beast. It adds a throaty sound that no exhaust can and all of the other cone intakes are dog crap so you'll have sound but lose power. I can hear my intake over my PPE headers / Joe Z exhaust, and the power is nuts."

Is this intake louder than all others out there (HPS/Joe-Z/Takeda etc...)??

The other thread that I took that quote from was from the secondary intake flap on the stock intake being drowned out by an aftermarket exhaust and it is to a point depending on the type of exhaust.

So does this intake bring back the primary sound coming from the front instead of the rear of the car based on the quote above??
Old 07-19-16, 07:54 PM
lolfunxion
Lead Lap

Yes, it's louder than the Takeda (from what I remember, it's been a while since I had it) which would make sense because this intake is way bigger. Not to mention the Takeda intake is pretty much useless.
Joe Z is only an elbow, and I had it before this, so it makes 0 noticeable sound difference if you have an exhaust. Same goes for HPS. Just a few HP from being better flowing.

All of this intake sound is from the engine / front of the car, and it's a mental, deep, raw note or rumble that can only come from this and not from an exhaust. I'm in love with the engine note now.

You could've just asked me instead of quoting me in another thread lol.
Old 07-20-16, 09:27 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Very true maybe I should've just done that ^^^^ lol......... Anyhow thanks for your description of the intake sound and performance! I'm probably getting the power package from RR which includes headers/intake/tune & handheld and am just curious after reading that other thread about the stock intake getting drowned out by some exhaust systems. Glad to hear that the intake sound comes back with this and makes the engine sound better!

Was also trying to get others opinions on this intake who have this installed, there has to be at least 20-30 F owners out there that have this intake from RR?
Old 07-20-16, 09:37 AM
jat0223
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

I just placed my order for one of these. I might go to the dyno if I have time and if I find a reputable place.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Product RR Racing Tuned Intake and Throttlebody Development Thread