CL Vendor Products for IS-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the IS-F model from CL Vendors

New Product RR Racing Tuned Intake and Throttlebody Development Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-16, 07:01 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 667 Likes on 589 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF4life
for those local socal we can order thru Meraki autoworks= Josh pick up from him
Yup!

Rafi will be sending me a shipment mid next week.

-Josh
Old 05-21-16, 07:37 AM
Supraman16
Advanced

Received 36 Likes on 19 Posts

I'd love to know if this intake would benefit those with headers and high flow cats before I pull the trigger. I assume it won't given that Rafi said even decatted stock headers didn't benefit from this tuned intake.
Old 05-26-16, 12:35 PM
STLblueF
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Anybody purchase this yet? I'd like to hear some in car sound clips or video. I'm interested in what your opinions were if you purchased this.
Old 05-29-16, 05:37 AM
Weapon F

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by Supraman16
I'd love to know if this intake would benefit those with headers and high flow cats before I pull the trigger. I assume it won't given that Rafi said even decatted stock headers didn't benefit from this tuned intake.
The answer is yes, you should see increase of 12 hp for ISF with new intake setup with headers
RR Racing Tuned Intake and Throttlebody Development Thread-img20160523_140918.png

Last edited by Weapon F; 05-29-16 at 05:40 AM.
Old 05-29-16, 06:10 AM
Bigjon3475
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Weapon F
The answer is yes, you should see increase of 12 hp for ISF with new intake setup with headers
Attachment 388490
I think the question was with regards to the high-flow catalytic converters. I don't think the RRRacing ISF has cats on it.
Old 05-29-16, 06:48 AM
Drok149
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by STLblueF
Anybody purchase this yet? I'd like to hear some in car sound clips or video. I'm interested in what your opinions were if you purchased this.
I've had it on my car for a few weeks now and you can't really hear it with the exhaust and headers. I love it for daily driving it really feels more responsive and torquey below 3.6k rpms. I've tested it at the drag and my best run was a 12.014@119 with a 60' of 1.85. The DA on my 11.9 runs was -1200+ and with the intake they were around -500. My car feels faster I just don't have the time slip to prove it but I honestly believe that in the fall when I go back to the track if I have a DA of -1000 or better I'll beat my 11.92. I wish I had more conclusive evidence but these are my results. I made probably 40 passes with the new intake over 3 different nights.
Old 05-29-16, 09:12 AM
STLblueF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Drok149
I've had it on my car for a few weeks now and you can't really hear it with the exhaust and headers. I love it for daily driving it really feels more responsive and torquey below 3.6k rpms. I've tested it at the drag and my best run was a 12.014@119 with a 60' of 1.85. The DA on my 11.9 runs was -1200+ and with the intake they were around -500. My car feels faster I just don't have the time slip to prove it but I honestly believe that in the fall when I go back to the track if I have a DA of -1000 or better I'll beat my 11.92. I wish I had more conclusive evidence but these are my results. I made probably 40 passes with the new intake over 3 different nights.
Is the tune transparent as far as daily driving goes? I'm assuming it drives fine just cruising around town?
Old 05-29-16, 12:58 PM
Drok149
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by STLblueF
Is the tune transparent as far as daily driving goes? I'm assuming it drives fine just cruising around town?
Great around town so far no issues at all.
Old 05-30-16, 10:32 AM
tas02
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Thanks for sharing, Drok149.

This is one more upgrade I'll be buying.
Old 05-31-16, 08:35 AM
rselby
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Great around town so far no issues at all.
how is your gas MPG with tune , notice any difference ?
Old 05-31-16, 11:20 AM
Drok149
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by rselby
how is your gas MPG with tune , notice any difference ?
lol glad you asked I completely forgot to include that in my review. I've been getting a solid 2 mpgs better with this intake it seems like but I haven't had any long road trips to give a more conclusive test.
Old 05-31-16, 12:48 PM
rselby
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

lol glad you asked I completely forgot to include that in my review. I've been getting a solid 2 mpgs better with this intake it seems like but I haven't had any long road trips to give a more conclusive test.
wow...would have not guessed that, that's great news
Old 06-01-16, 11:22 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts

Forgot to mention this... if you guys dyno your car with this intake, you should open the top cover. I don't know of any dyno that has fans powerful enough to simulate 50+mph airflow to your front bumper. Without sufficient airflow on the dyno, you will run higher IAT's and loose power.

Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 06-15-16, 08:08 PM
STLblueF
Pole Position

I figure I should throw my opinion in here as someone who recently purchased this intake.

First off, I haven't done many wot runs yet as I have only had this on the car a short while and where I live just doesn't give you an opportunity to do so frequently.

Couple things: the odb tuner works well. I would not recommend using a simulated version of Windows with it on a Mac though. For whatever reason, the tuners software doesn't want to work with that environment. If anyone is able to get it to work properly on a Mac though, let me know how you did this. I bought a cheap dell laptop solely so I could update the tuner and load the maps. Everything worked fine tuning the car. I will admit, when I got a call during tuning and it tried to connect over Bluetooth, my b-hole did pucker a bit. But alas, the tune took and all was fine.

Installing the intake was pretty simple. I have an hps intake so getting it all lined up and fitted probably took longer than someone with a traditional pipe intake that could take advantage of the included silicone coupler. Fingers crossed that none of the clamps slip, because they aren't holding onto much of the titanium maf sensor.

The intake itself looks great once installed. I love the cf cover. I have debated about painting the titanium maf housing in usb pearl and clear coating it but I figured I'd try it out the way it is first and I can always go back and do that later.

Driving impressions: as mentioned earlier, the car feels really strong compared to before in the low to mid range which is there I do 99% of my driving. Top end seemed to be louder due to the awesome noise coming out of the hood but I haven't logged enough miles on it yet to know if it's actually faster when going WOT. To me though, since almost all my driving is below that range, I love this mod. I probably should go get a throttle controller now because I feel like that would be right in my demographic. Does it add the advertised horsepower? My guess is it does, but I don't care because it looks good, sounds good, and feels good while driving. Two thumbs up from me.
Old 06-16-16, 09:38 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Nice to hear u like it

Quick Reply: New Product RR Racing Tuned Intake and Throttlebody Development Thread