CL Vendor Products for IS-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the IS-F model from CL Vendors

New Product RR Racing Tuned Intake and Throttlebody Development Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-16, 09:00 PM
Dragtek
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
Only about 3-4.

-Josh
ill be there fifth one
Old 07-21-16, 09:33 PM
semnosNSX
Advanced

Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by liquidtek
More or less we're having issues with the timing in the tune causing the KCLV numbers to plummet with the thin air. The gains are still there but car occasionally needs an ECU reset to salvage the KCLV back to a 'default' level and get 'best' results before it starts going down again. We're not having issues, just not having the expected results from the tune that people at sea level are praising.
Oh okay. So would you say that when the KCLV numbers plummet due to high elevation/thin air the car reverts to factory performance? Or would you say that performance drops to below factory specs? I ask because I would be pissed if I spent over $1K for a mod just to get factory performance... and I would be even more pissed if I got less than factory performance.

wmjeffreyw - I have heard of some people adding octane booster at each fill up to correct the issue, but to me that's like putting a band-aid over the problem. If I added octane booster after every fill up for the next year, I would have paid for the tune all over again after about 1.5 years.

I'm really not trying to bad mouth this tune because I know and appreciate the amount of work that RR-Racing has put into it. I am also very familiar with how much a tune can drastically change the performance of a car. However, as much as I want to pull the trigger on this, it just doesn't seem to be vetted out as much as I would have wished for. I hope a more permanent and consistent solution is found....

Old 07-22-16, 04:15 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts

Originally Posted by semnosNSX
Oh okay. So would you say that when the KCLV numbers plummet due to high elevation/thin air the car reverts to factory performance? Or would you say that performance drops to below factory specs? I ask because I would be pissed if I spent over $1K for a mod just to get factory performance... and I would be even more pissed if I got less than factory performance.

wmjeffreyw - I have heard of some people adding octane booster at each fill up to correct the issue, but to me that's like putting a band-aid over the problem. If I added octane booster after every fill up for the next year, I would have paid for the tune all over again after about 1.5 years.

I'm really not trying to bad mouth this tune because I know and appreciate the amount of work that RR-Racing has put into it. I am also very familiar with how much a tune can drastically change the performance of a car. However, as much as I want to pull the trigger on this, it just doesn't seem to be vetted out as much as I would have wished for. I hope a more permanent and consistent solution is found....

We have a revised tune for the high altitude cars, but you are in California so none of this applies to you. Do you realize that in Colorado they are driving at 5000ft+ elevation? These guys are easily loosing 30-50hp due to the thin air.

Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 07-22-16, 06:28 AM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

Crazy kids trying to run N/A in the mountains.
Old 07-22-16, 07:07 AM
Lets Drive
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
Geez! These might just out pace the Novel header equipped cars barely
I wouldn't be surprised if people were waiting for details on the S/C, instead, since it's around the corner.
Old 07-22-16, 07:13 AM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Lets Drive
I wouldn't be surprised if people were waiting for details on the S/C, instead, since it's around the corner.
Possibly, but I can't see many people digging out $7-8K just like that!

The tuned intake will be a good stop gap for most while they save up for the charger kit. That's my plan at least/
Old 07-22-16, 11:24 AM
liquidtek
Advanced

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by semnosNSX

\
if you're only occasionally maybe getting to 4,000 ft then it's not really a huge issue. We're at 5,000' before we even leave the city for a mountain drive which just entering the mountains is already around 7,000' all the way to 14,000 ft if we do Mt Evans where many manufacturers do high altitude testing with their mules. Driving from Denver to Utah (I-70 W) passing thru the Eisenhower Tunnel is about 11'100 ft which is the highest interstate elevation I believe. If you weren't checking your KCLV you probably wouldn't even notice much of a change in driving but from my dyno results between my low KCLV and resetting back to 'default' (15) I did pickup about 10 whp. So falling on its face isn't really a thing you're just not getting optimal HP/TQ by maybe 10-20 whp when your KCLV suffers (altitude)
Old 07-22-16, 11:33 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by Dragtek
ill be there fifth one
Still waiting.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 08-05-16, 01:40 PM
Jmt1011
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Still waiting.

-Josh
sorry, I just took the 5th spot!
Old 08-05-16, 11:56 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by Jmt1011
That he did!

Thank you sir!

-Josh

Orange County, CA
Old 08-07-16, 02:20 PM
Dragtek
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Jmt1011
i know, I'm lagging! I'll be sixth then. I had some unexpected expenses come up at an investment property Josh. I'll holler soon!
Old 08-07-16, 11:23 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

i know, I'm lagging! I'll be sixth then. I had some unexpected expenses come up at an investment property Josh. I'll holler soon!
Nice! More investments = more mods.

-Josh

Orange County, CA
Old 08-07-16, 11:26 PM
Dragtek
Intermediate

-Josh

haha, so true! Now I just gotta figure out a way to stop the wifey from complaining!
Old 08-07-16, 11:39 PM
Mesh704
Instructor

Received 149 Likes on 97 Posts

-Josh
I will be the seventh for SC kit for 3IS IS350 !!
Old 08-08-16, 04:17 AM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

haha, so true! Now I just gotta figure out a way to stop the wifey from complaining!
Yeah, right.. Good luck with that.. Just sayin'

-Mike

Quick Reply: New Product RR Racing Tuned Intake and Throttlebody Development Thread