CL Vendor Products for IS-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the IS-F model from CL Vendors

Tuning Tech FS Lexus IS-F tuner

Old 02-02-16, 10:11 AM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

It's pretty nice to have a tuner with a in house dyno, are you guys doing any group buys?
Old 02-02-16, 10:58 AM
juanmedina
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what happens to stock ECU image after you guys tune the car?

Also are you working on a way for the customer to flash a map at home? like on the BMW and other markets.
Old 02-02-16, 12:32 PM
tgui
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Impressive shop and setup!

I've got a 2010 ISF and while of course I'm interested in your power tunes, do you have control over transmission parameters?

I'm thinking about a higher stalling torque converter and wanting to avoid slip codes and other things that happen when a stock ECU sees extra RPMs in the stall.

Do you have contacts that can re-stall an ISF torque converter up a thousand RPM or so?

I'm a former Subaru ECU hacker (IDA Pro and that noise) and a current HPTuners monkey, so I really appreciate what you're bringing to the table here.
Old 02-02-16, 01:33 PM
cremaster
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts

can you tell us what the gains would be for a stock vehicle w/ just the tune?
Old 02-02-16, 04:40 PM
itsmejon
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Things seem to be getting interesting for the F, cant wait to see future possibilities and builds.
Old 02-02-16, 04:46 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by cremaster
whats up bro? back on the modding scene again? hey at least it will be quiet for your baby not like your exhaust and your wife wouldn't know...you sneaky...lol..
Old 02-02-16, 05:16 PM
TTFS
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by joshhleee
Very interested in this! How much hp/tq does it gain with a ISF with headers,intake, and tune?
The gains should be similar to the car we posted but we do not have an exact example. The car we posted had headers, exhaust, and our tune. Every car is different but we do not expect a huge variance.

Originally Posted by DanISFast
TTFS, what RPM can you raise the rev limit to? On the dyno chart it looks over 7k which is very nice.

Do you have any shifting issues by raising the rev limiter that RR Racing has experienced?

This would be a great option for those who want a higher rev limit with good power gains.
Frank would be able to answer the RPM question. I do know he is working on a transmission tune as well. We will provide more details as we have them.

Originally Posted by RCF500
It's pretty nice to have a tuner with a in house dyno, are you guys doing any group buys?
It is possible for a group buy, I can discuss with Frank and if we have enough interest.

Originally Posted by juanmedina
what happens to stock ECU image after you guys tune the car?

Also are you working on a way for the customer to flash a map at home? like on the BMW and other markets.
Once we tune you for the first time all further tuning can be done through the OBD II port and we no longer will need to remove the ECU. We hope to be able to be able to flash the ecu in the future without having to remove the ECU, hopefully soon.

Last edited by TTFS; 02-03-16 at 10:55 AM.
Old 02-02-16, 06:00 PM
TTFS
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Bigjon3475
Thanks for the reply and history.

Originally Posted by SoulFreak
You guys originated from Miami...any chance you might have connections down here still?
I know Frank does have connections, he visits Florida often.

Originally Posted by tgui
Impressive shop and setup!

I've got a 2010 ISF and while of course I'm interested in your power tunes, do you have control over transmission parameters?

I'm thinking about a higher stalling torque converter and wanting to avoid slip codes and other things that happen when a stock ECU sees extra RPMs in the stall.

Do you have contacts that can re-stall an ISF torque converter up a thousand RPM or so?

I'm a former Subaru ECU hacker (IDA Pro and that noise) and a current HPTuners monkey, so I really appreciate what you're bringing to the table here.
Thank you, Frank is working on a transmission tune. I will have him go into detail as soon as he is available.

Frank is just completing a stock 2007 IS250 AWD as we speak. I will provide details and pictures as soon as I have them.

Originally Posted by itsmejon
Things seem to be getting interesting for the F, cant wait to see future possibilities and builds.
We are extremely excited about this platform.

Last edited by TTFS; 02-03-16 at 10:54 AM.
Old 02-02-16, 07:24 PM
kings222
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've noticed multiple people asking for numbers reflecting gains on a stock F...you keep avoiding the question....have you not done it yet or is there no gain? I saw that you had quoted cremaster on his question but, he didn't ask about the stock numbers on an IS250....he asked about the F bc you posted in the F forum.

please elaborate on numbers for a stock F.
Old 02-02-16, 07:46 PM
TTFS
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by kings222
I've noticed multiple people asking for numbers reflecting gains on a stock F...you keep avoiding the question....have you not done it yet or is there no gain? I saw that you had quoted cremaster on his question but, he didn't ask about the stock numbers on an IS250....he asked about the F bc you posted in the F forum.

please elaborate on numbers for a stock F.
I am sorry if we missed the question, we have not tuned a stock ISF. We have tuned a modified ISF with headers and exhaust. We are sure we can have gains on a stock ISF but until we have done it we have no data to share.

Last edited by TTFS; 02-03-16 at 10:54 AM.
Old 02-02-16, 08:21 PM
TTFS
Former Sponsor

2007 IS250 we just tuned, post #5

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-...ml#post9349163
Old 02-02-16, 08:24 PM
TTFS
Former Sponsor

2007 IS250 we just tuned, post #5

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-...ml#post9349163
Old 02-03-16, 11:04 AM
cremaster
Lead Lap

Received 70 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by chris07is
whats up bro? back on the modding scene again? hey at least it will be quiet for your baby not like your exhaust and your wife wouldn't know...you sneaky...lol..
LOL what's up Chris! hope you're still enjoying the exhaust. my setup now is actually way louder but since moving, now our garage is completely detached from the house.

Originally Posted by TTFS
I am sorry if we missed the question, we have not tuned a stock ISF. We have tuned a modified ISF with headers and exhaust. We are sure we can have gains on a stock ISF but until we have done it we have no data to share.
thanks for the clarification. i do not intend to install any other mods that will delete the cats; been there done that. in cali it's a pain. so, if no gains or minimal from the tune sans any other mods, it'll be a deal breaker for a number of F members who have asked this same question.
Old 02-03-16, 11:08 AM
TTFS
Former Sponsor

thanks for the clarification. i do not intend to install any other mods that will delete the cats; been there done that. in cali it's a pain. so, if no gains or minimal from the tune sans any other mods, it'll be a deal breaker for a number of F members who have asked this same question.
If all goes as planned we have a stock ISF coming in tomorrow.
Old 02-04-16, 06:31 PM
TTFS
Former Sponsor

2006 IS350 we just tuned, post #22

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-...ml#post9352641

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tuning Tech FS Lexus IS-F tuner