CL Vendor Products for IS-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the IS-F model from CL Vendors

New Product RR-Racing ISF ECU Tune.... FINALLY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-16, 01:17 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I didn't get a chance to dyno it as at the time when I got the tune it was winter and the shops with the dyno machine was repairing their facility. I'm probably going to skip it as others have posted already with their dynos. I'm just trying to get some track time hopefully in October to put the tune and suspension to good use. if you do get the tune u will notice the difference mid range and top range is more aggressive. also u will be losing gas as your lead foot seems to be stuck to the accelerator pedal...lol
Originally Posted by LexISguy
Since your mods are similar to mine, how does your car feel with the tune? Did you have a chance to dyno? I'm interested in the tune...
Old 09-01-16, 03:49 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts

Originally Posted by yishin
If any one dont know me i ised to be member here as
Yishin isf from atl ga
U may can find my isf pics n builds
I came cross from web about this rr racing ecu
And i wanted to put some input in

I see that with header and intake and exhaust and the additional ecu tune thats gonna net 425 whp for isf
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
I think i may be the one of few member here that had 2014 isf with under 10k mile that fully mod as far as i can asap and did numbers of dyno the car
So end if the day with sikky header and joz intake tube and airfilter swaped and joe z exhaust i was netting about the same as what RR race ecu talks about and then i did a nos after that but what we need to see is base line dyno of oem isf vs oem isf with tune whats the gain and all and plus on isf ecu is great but we need a super f/i set up with ecu thats the actual product thats gonna work on our car not just piping n tune
Dyno numbers are all over the place... for example Dynapack dynos read quite high, easily 20whp higher than others. Even when considering the same dyno, you need to look carefully at the dyno plot to see what correction factor was applied (SAE or STD). I've been looking at supercharged BMW results lately and noticed most of those guys are using STD correction, which is a bit higher than SAE we generally use.

The biggest problem with dyno testing is intake air temperature variability. This can lead to very good results, or very bad results, particularly in the summer when its hot and dyno shops are not climate controlled and/or do not have adequate fan cooler (most DO NOT).

-Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 09-01-16, 08:30 AM
kings222
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If any one dont know me i ised to be member here as
Yishin isf from atl ga
U may can find my isf pics n builds
I came cross from web about this rr racing ecu
And i wanted to put some input in

I see that with header and intake and exhaust and the additional ecu tune thats gonna net 425 whp for isf
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
I think i may be the one of few member here that had 2014 isf with under 10k mile that fully mod as far as i can asap and did numbers of dyno the car
So end if the day with sikky header and joz intake tube and airfilter swaped and joe z exhaust i was netting about the same as what RR race ecu talks about and then i did a nos after that but what we need to see is base line dyno of oem isf vs oem isf with tune whats the gain and all and plus on isf ecu is great but we need a super f/i set up with ecu thats the actual product thats gonna work on our car not just piping n tune

wutttttttttttttttt
Old 09-04-16, 05:32 PM
yishin
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kings222
wutttttttttttttttt
I dont think isf or rcf with intake n header exhuast vs
Intake header exhaust and RR tune will not be big diffrence as we r hoping
Unless they slap the supercharger with a good ecu tune maybe
Or just nos it just 100 wet shot

Face it rcf or isf isnt car like bmw m3 or m4
These cars investing in after market mod to do some power upgrade like other cars ? waste of time n money
I rather wanna see if any one do a rc200 2jz swap
Or ls swap if possible isf n rcf tune is always dead end
I am not being a hater but i am telling you guys from my exp
i spend so much money like effing sick on isf to achieve what i wanted but it wasnt possible i should have got the used gtr and ams on them which my friend did when i was getting 14 isf brand new..my recommends is save ur money
If you still insints on doing any mod
Just do a intake pip n header n exhaust if you do mone the time to time engine check light when wear n tears on ur after market mods

Last edited by yishin; 09-04-16 at 05:47 PM.
Old 09-04-16, 06:02 PM
wmjeffreyw
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I dont think isf or rcf with intake n header exhuast vs
Intake header exhaust and RR tune will not be big diffrence as we r hoping
Unless they slap the supercharger with a good ecu tune maybe
Or just nos it just 100 wet shot

Face it rcf or isf isnt car like bmw m3 or m4
These cars investing in after market mod to do some power upgrade like other cars ? waste of time n money
I rather wanna see if any one do a rc200 2jz swap
Or ls swap if possible isf n rcf tune is always dead end
I am not being a hater but i am telling you guys from my exp
i spend so much money like effing sick on isf to achieve what i wanted but it wasnt possible i should have got the used gtr and ams on them which my friend did when i was getting 14 isf brand new..my recommends is save ur money
If you still insints on doing any mod
Just do a intake pip n header n exhaust if you do mone the time to time engine check light when wear n tears on ur after market mods
Am I the only one having a hard time understanding this post?????
Old 09-04-16, 07:51 PM
xellos
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wmjeffreyw
It's not pleasant to read, but it's understandable.
Old 09-04-16, 10:32 PM
DjMarkOne
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ESL maybe?
Old 09-06-16, 03:23 PM
yishin
Driver

Originally Posted by DjMarkOne
ESL maybe?
Sorry for my lack in communication skills in ur language yes you r right
I am a ESL / recent immigrant ishould really focus on catching up esl leaning but gotta bills to pay and feed family runing a shops lol
But please if you read slow you may understand lol
The point is
Modding isf with known mods are waste ur time n money
Unless its prooven supercharger kit they sell then hell yea like apr product for audi n vw folks
Old 09-06-16, 09:41 PM
idoke1
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

Sorry for my lack in communication skills in ur language yes you r right
I am a ESL / recent immigrant ishould really focus on catching up esl leaning but gotta bills to pay and feed family runing a shops lol
But please if you read slow you may understand lol
The point is
Modding isf with known mods are waste ur time n money
Unless its prooven supercharger kit they sell then hell yea like apr product for audi n vw folks
Anything with a turbo or supercharger will benefit from almost any performance mod. Naturally aspirated engines suffer the most. Doing mods to naturally aspirated engines isn't really a waste of your $$$ if that power is what you wanted. The ISF ECU has only been recently cracked and having this much support from an older vehicle platform shows how much dedication companys like FIGS, RR-RACING, and TTFS shows for the community. Try to find a naturally aspirated engine that can produce BIG gains from just a tune and a few bolt ons. Not much out there. The reason I side with the ISF is the superb reliability plus performance of a naturally aspirated v8. That's soon to change when the supercharger comes out...
Old 09-07-16, 03:03 AM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

It's also dated as tuning for the IS-F and RC-F have come along leaps and bounds since the guy had his car.

To say it's not worth spending the money on it, and buying a GTR instead is a weird one to say the least! Given the horror stories and running costs we keep hearing about with the GTR, I don't see how you can compare them??

The timing couldn't be better either with a thread on here from an IS-F owner who went to a GTR, and is now back with another IS-F!

I honestly think RR-Racing are doing a great job bringing out new parts that are helping to transform the IS-F.

The supercharger and new exhaust setup from PPE will hopefully be a real game changer.

Old 09-07-16, 08:21 AM
kings222
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

nope lol that's why I said wuttttt hahaha
Old 09-07-16, 07:14 PM
yishin
Driver

Originally Posted by kings222
nope lol that's why I said wuttttt hahaha
So rr ecu is so great why dont all of f owners jumped to get it ????

Price is under 900 its pretty cheap for lexus ecu cracked tune vs novel ecu ppl spoke long time ago
Old 09-07-16, 09:18 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

Good question^^^^^^I think it's well worth the money considering the bump in mid-range torque and throttle response! I think it's a no brainer for someone who mods their cars.

And your right no one jumped on the Novel ECU because of the ludacris price and the fact that it always seemed to revert back to stock parameters because the protocols had not been cracked yet. This tune has been proven to work and plenty of people have dynoed their car with the corresponding results posted in this thread @ 98 pages and 1462 responses since the beginning of this year.
Old 09-08-16, 04:29 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts

So rr ecu is so great why dont all of f owners jumped to get it ????

Price is under 900 its pretty cheap for lexus ecu cracked tune vs novel ecu ppl spoke long time ago
Good point, it is cheap... so in that case we will raise the price to $2000+ like Novel, reduce the gains to zero, and everyone will be happy

-Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 09-08-16, 04:37 AM
juanmedina
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.cobbtuning.com/products/a...-accessport-v3

I just wish that we could get a hand held device like a Cobb AP with all their capabilities and features. It would also help recoup some of the investment when selling the car.

Quick Reply: New Product RR-Racing ISF ECU Tune.... FINALLY!!!