CL Vendor Products for IS-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the IS-F model from CL Vendors

New Product RR-Racing ISF ECU Tune.... FINALLY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-16, 09:31 PM
Bigjon3475
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
I installed the tune and the tuned intake last week as I'm waiting on my headers to be shipped back to me after the coating I got on them. Simon and Rafi said that it would be fine to run the tune with the tuned intake even though I don't have my headers installed yet.

Whatever revision I got for the tune here at altitude is awesome because my car runs like a bat out of hell after the install!! Throttle response and mid-range are improved tremendously and I usually take weekly trips to Mexico with a few ISF owners and last night I pulled with some of the regulars I usually see taillights on and this time they saw my tails My car is definitely faster with just the tune and I love it!!

Can't wait to get the headers installed here soon as I know I'm not getting the full benefit of the tuned intake without the headers, but let me tell you the sound you get with this intake is almost worth the price of the intake alone! It really makes the car sound mechanical and alive!!
Thats great news!
Old 08-29-16, 09:54 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

Yea, I don't think I'll ever go back to the stock intake and stock tune!! It would be a downgrade in every sense of the word
Old 08-30-16, 06:30 AM
NadineISF
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed the tune and the tuned intake last week as I'm waiting on my headers to be shipped back to me after the coating I got on them. Simon and Rafi said that it would be fine to run the tune with the tuned intake even though I don't have my headers installed yet.

Whatever revision I got for the tune here at altitude is awesome because my car runs like a bat out of hell after the install!! Throttle response and mid-range are improved tremendously and I usually take weekly trips to Mexico with a few ISF owners and last night I pulled with some of the regulars I usually see taillights on and this time they saw my tails My car is definitely faster with just the tune and I love it!!

Can't wait to get the headers installed here soon as I know I'm not getting the full benefit of the tuned intake without the headers, but let me tell you the sound you get with this intake is almost worth the price of the intake alone! It really makes the car sound mechanical and alive!!
When did you get the tune revision? I emailed Rafi yesterday and he said there would be an update available next week sometime. I really need to get headers lol.
Old 08-30-16, 07:47 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Don't know which revision I got but I put the tune on last week (about 10 days ago). It could be a different tune though because it's programmed to work with their tuned intake so the parameters of the tune have been changed because of the enlargement of the pipe where the MAF sensor goes?

So the difference might be the fact that I have the tuned intake version of the tune? Even though I won't have my headers installed here for a couple weeks the tune and tuned intake made a huge difference on my car here @ 5,280 ft...................
Old 08-30-16, 07:52 AM
NadineISF
Driver School Candidate

Don't know which revision I got but I put the tune on last week (about 10 days ago). It could be a different tune though because it's programmed to work with their tuned intake so the parameters of the tune have been changed because of the enlargement of the pipe where the MAF sensor goes?

So the difference might be the fact that I have the tuned intake version of the tune? Even though I won't have my headers installed here for a couple weeks the tune and tuned intake made a huge difference on my car here @ 5,280 ft...................
Awesome to hear. Glad its working. I can't wait for my update since I only have a few more weeks to drive my ISF before she goes into storage for 6 months.
Old 08-30-16, 07:58 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Here is a review of the tune/tuned intake/headers/exhaust combo:

Last edited by MileHIFcar; 08-31-16 at 09:12 AM.
Old 08-30-16, 11:20 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Here is a quick clip of 0-160 didn't see this one before:

Old 08-30-16, 02:53 PM
SubOrbital
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Maybe I should get my trans fluid changed, those shifts seem quite quick in the review video.
Old 08-30-16, 03:56 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Probably wouldn't hurt? But not the full swap, just the drain and refill of the pan, IIRC it's something like 5-6 qts.....

But then again there are plenty of transmission threads and I could be wrong?
Old 08-31-16, 06:36 AM
yishin
Driver

Default Hello guys long time no see

If any one dont know me i ised to be member here as
Yishin isf from atl ga
U may can find my isf pics n builds
I came cross from web about this rr racing ecu
And i wanted to put some input in

I see that with header and intake and exhaust and the additional ecu tune thats gonna net 425 whp for isf
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
I think i may be the one of few member here that had 2014 isf with under 10k mile that fully mod as far as i can asap and did numbers of dyno the car
So end if the day with sikky header and joz intake tube and airfilter swaped and joe z exhaust i was netting about the same as what RR race ecu talks about and then i did a nos after that but what we need to see is base line dyno of oem isf vs oem isf with tune whats the gain and all and plus on isf ecu is great but we need a super f/i set up with ecu thats the actual product thats gonna work on our car not just piping n tune
Old 08-31-16, 07:07 AM
redcrxsi
Driver

Originally Posted by yishin
Yishin isf from atl ga

I see that with header and intake and exhaust and the additional ecu tune thats gonna net 425 whp for isf
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
I think i may be the one of few member here that had 2014 isf with under 10k mile that fully mod as far as i can asap and did numbers of dyno the car
So end if the day with sikky header and joz intake tube and airfilter swaped and joe z exhaust i was netting about the same as what RR race ecu talks about and then i did a nos after that but what we need to see is base line dyno of oem isf vs oem isf with tune whats the gain and all and plus on isf ecu is great but we need a super f/i set up with ecu thats the actual product thats gonna work on our car not just piping n tune
Certainly see your point however comparing different dynos has been discussed at length in numerous threads. There's several members on the board that have independently proven the tune added HP to their setup. The fact that your car already dynoed at 425whp doesn't mean you still can't benefit. As far as a stock setup with tune only that been done also but I can't remember who did it.
Old 08-31-16, 07:09 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Just want to point out that your kind of late to the party. there are various threads about dyno before and after tune. the tune truly benefits cars with headers and exhaust. if you don't have these mods then u are missing out this was pretty much explain in prior postings. also if you've been following rr-racing, they are developing a supercharger that is still being tested.

Originally Posted by yishin
Yishin isf from atl ga

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Last edited by Evil Teo; 08-31-16 at 08:08 AM.
Old 08-31-16, 07:59 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Teo did you get a tune?
Old 08-31-16, 09:22 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

of course... which reminds me i have to change my signature mods

Originally Posted by LexISguy
Teo did you get a tune?
Old 08-31-16, 12:21 PM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Evil Teo
of course... which reminds me i have to change my signature mods
Since your mods are similar to mine, how does your car feel with the tune? Did you have a chance to dyno? I'm interested in the tune...

Quick Reply: New Product RR-Racing ISF ECU Tune.... FINALLY!!!