CL Vendor Products for IS-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the IS-F model from CL Vendors

New Product RR-Racing ISF ECU Tune.... FINALLY!!!

Old 06-13-16, 05:47 AM
Justin727
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
I'd pay that in a heartbeat! You helping him, or is he tackling it alone?

He's going to tackle it alone but I think I may stick around and be of some assistance while he's doing it
Old 06-13-16, 12:52 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 666 Likes on 589 Posts

Yesterday MANY ISF/RCF owners got to see Rafi install the tune on our ISFs.. Fast and easy procedure, especially with the OBD tune..

Now who wants to order theirs..

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 06-13-16, 12:55 PM
msgs350
Pole Position

Received 196 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
Yesterday MANY ISF/RCF owners got to see Rafi install the tune on our ISFs.. Fast and easy procedure, especially with the OBD tune..

-Josh
Me. Can you shoot me price? I also may want the USRS just to save on shipping.
Old 06-13-16, 02:08 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

-Josh
U BETTER LOAD UP SUCKER , U MISSED THE DEADLINE ON THEM
Old 06-17-16, 09:52 PM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Yesterday MANY ISF/RCF owners got to see Rafi install the tune on our ISFs
It was cool watching Rafi install the tune on my car at the F meet! After the meet, I took the 75 mile extreme long way home, pulling numerous (easily 20-30) 4th gear WOT runs. My car is way faster now. This is a no brainer. Every ISF should get this tune!
Old 06-18-16, 12:38 AM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After plugging in the OBD and choosing the setting, I think the tune took less than 5 min to install the map onto the car...just like that... at least 15 whp gain lol...
Old 07-27-16, 03:26 PM
toyer14
Rookie

Default ?

Is the tune still available,probably going to buy soon.
Old 07-27-16, 03:30 PM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by toyer14
Yarp.. it is.
http://www.rr-racing.com/RR-Racing-L...isftune002.htm

-Mike
Old 07-27-16, 05:14 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

Yes it is, I just pulled the plug on power package today which is the best deal to get Headers/Intake/Tune & handheld while saving about $300

Last edited by MileHIFcar; 07-27-16 at 05:17 PM.
Old 07-27-16, 10:05 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 666 Likes on 589 Posts

Originally Posted by toyer14
Yes sir. Contact me for a discount.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 08-02-16, 11:33 AM
s4chico
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ShadowISF
After plugging in the OBD and choosing the setting, I think the tune took less than 5 min to install the map onto the car...just like that... at least 15 whp gain lol...
Am I missing something? I could not find any tune files on the USB drive....or RR-Racing specific instructions. The only thing I was able to do was download my stock tune.
Old 08-02-16, 12:22 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by s4chico
Am I missing something? I could not find any tune files on the USB drive....or RR-Racing specific instructions. The only thing I was able to do was download my stock tune.
You have to email Simon or Rafi for the tune files. You will need to download the ECU ID file to send to Simon or Rafi before they can send the tune files. For instructions just pm Josh or RR Racing
Old 08-29-16, 01:20 PM
NadineISF
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys. I have attached my dyno results from this weekend. My best run was 365whp with 337 torque having an intake, joe z exhaust, and the rr racing tune. I live in Canada so the altitude is 3557ft and I normally use 94 Octane. The dyno company I ran my test with told me my ISF was running lean from 2500-5000rpm, basically looking for fuel between that range. This somewhat explains why I wasn't hitting 375-380whp like I should be. Rafi is working on an upgrade for this as some ISF owners in Colorado are experiencing the same power loss with the altitude difference. Anyone have a good Octane booster recommendations while I patiently wait? Lol

Last edited by NadineISF; 08-29-16 at 01:32 PM.
Old 08-29-16, 03:11 PM
KJH
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 21 Posts

^^To get a truer picture of your dyno performance, you should have the dyno operator send you the results with the SAE correction factor, rather than the STD. Generally, the SAE correction factor will account for differences in ambient temp, elevation and other factors and allows for dyno comparisons of cars with identical, or very similar, set ups in various locations. To be honest, I am not convinced your "power loss" has anything to do with you running leaner from 2500-5000 rpm. Also, to a point, leaner AFR mixtures tend to make more power than richer mixtures and I don't see a richer AFR mixture earlier in your power band adding power up top.

All that said, I am not as familiar with IS-F dyno-tuned cars as I am with other makes, so maybe there is more power to be extracted here with the approach you are taking. Our engines are, basically, air pumps and, to get more power from them, you must get more air into them by one means or another. From my perspective, I do not see this happening with a boost in octane (unless CDN cars were tuned that way from the factory) or richening up the AFR in the region identified. Still, best of luck in working your way through this.

Ken.
Old 08-29-16, 09:20 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
Yes it is, I just pulled the plug on power package today which is the best deal to get Headers/Intake/Tune & handheld while saving about $300

Originally Posted by NadineISF
Rafi is working on an upgrade for this as some ISF owners in Colorado are experiencing the same power loss with the altitude
I installed the tune and the tuned intake last week as I'm waiting on my headers to be shipped back to me after the coating I got on them. Simon and Rafi said that it would be fine to run the tune with the tuned intake even though I don't have my headers installed yet.

Whatever revision I got for the tune here at altitude is awesome because my car runs like a bat out of hell after the install!! Throttle response and mid-range are improved tremendously and I usually take weekly trips to Mexico with a few ISF owners and last night I pulled with some of the regulars I usually see taillights on and this time they saw my tails My car is definitely faster with just the tune and I love it!!

Can't wait to get the headers installed here soon as I know I'm not getting the full benefit of the tuned intake without the headers, but let me tell you the sound you get with this intake is almost worth the price of the intake alone! It really makes the car sound mechanical and alive!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Product RR-Racing ISF ECU Tune.... FINALLY!!!