CL Vendor Products for IS-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the IS-F model from CL Vendors

New Product RR-Racing ISF ECU Tune.... FINALLY!!!

Old 02-13-16, 04:23 PM
Rickna
Racer

Received 231 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by jspecvtec
Several members with tune are here in CA, it was mid to high 80s last 2 weeks. Hot as hell out here
Ok, ok I get it. Your weather is sweet and mine sux. LoL It's 7⁰ here!
Old 02-13-16, 04:49 PM
Compthis
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rickna
Ok, ok I get it. Your weather is sweet and mine sux. LoL It's 7⁰ here!
It's -2 here in Toronto. Cars driven in this weather feel like turbo supercharged.
Old 02-13-16, 09:09 PM
808isf
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A few questions. Sorry been out of the isf scene but i would have to take my ecu out n mail it to u then have u map it n sendit back? How do u deal with the climate change on where people live? But my main question is how much n whe will u be finalizing the sc? I want both asap. I can deal without my car since i hardly drive it
Old 02-14-16, 06:00 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,361 Likes on 620 Posts

Originally Posted by 808isf
A few questions. Sorry been out of the isf scene but i would have to take my ecu out n mail it to u then have u map it n sendit back? How do u deal with the climate change on where people live? But my main question is how much n whe will u be finalizing the sc? I want both asap. I can deal without my car since i hardly drive it
Cannot give an exact date for the SC, but if everything continues to go to plan, then it will be formally introduced in late spring or early summer.

Regarding differences in climate, we try to simulate hot conditions by dynoing the car with the hood closed (you can see this on our dyno results). When we dyno with the hood closed, intake temps reach 120-130F. Of course, there are limitations on the dyno which is why we track our ISF so much. As I have mentioned before, if our track program (starting in March) identifies any deficiencies that need to be addressed with the tune, all essential tune upgrades will be free.

Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 02-14-16, 03:04 PM
808isf
Rookie

Ok so i would have to remove my ecu n send it to u if i want this tune?

Originally Posted by RRRacing
Cannot give an exact date for the SC, but if everything continues to go to plan, then it will be formally introduced in late spring or early summer.

Regarding differences in climate, we try to simulate hot conditions by dynoing the car with the hood closed (you can see this on our dyno results). When we dyno with the hood closed, intake temps reach 120-130F. Of course, there are limitations on the dyno which is why we track our ISF so much. As I have mentioned before, if our track program (starting in March) identifies any deficiencies that need to be addressed with the tune, all essential tune upgrades will be free.

Rafi
Old 02-14-16, 03:45 PM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Ok so i would have to remove my ecu n send it to u if i want this tune?
Yes, you need to remove your ECU (there are some tips on removal on here), and send it to RR-Racing to remap. I believe they are still trying to turn these around in just one day, which is frankly amazing!

You also need to decide on your options when ordering from the website. In addition to listing your mods, you need to decide if you want to up the rev limiter?

Best of luck.
Old 02-14-16, 04:18 PM
Bigjon3475
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by RRRacing

Rafi
Any supercharger hints?
Old 02-14-16, 05:02 PM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

I don't think he has released details yet of what type of supercharger it's going to be? But rest assured I'm guessing traction is going to be the first thing that comes to mind with this supercharger (as in lack of traction lol) with 600+ from what I heard.....
Old 02-14-16, 07:48 PM
808isf
Rookie

Thanks man. Where do i find the site to make my order n everything?

Originally Posted by PDP180180
Yes, you need to remove your ECU (there are some tips on removal on here), and send it to RR-Racing to remap. I believe they are still trying to turn these around in just one day, which is frankly amazing!

You also need to decide on your options when ordering from the website. In addition to listing your mods, you need to decide if you want to up the rev limiter?

Best of luck.
Old 02-14-16, 08:23 PM
s4chico
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you scroll up a few posts where Rafi answered your questions....the link to their site is in his sig.
Old 02-14-16, 10:19 PM
Dragtek
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So what are everyone's thoughts on raising the rev limiter? For me, I don't really drag at the track much, but mostly highway pulls and the such. Should I stay at stock limiter?
Old 02-14-16, 11:32 PM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Here's the link: http://www.rr-racing.com/RR-Racing-Lexus-IS-F-ECU-Upgrade-Tune-p/isftune001.htm

Don't forget the introductory discount code 'IAMTUNE'. Should drop the price $100 if still available.

Good luck!
Old 02-14-16, 11:34 PM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Dragtek
So what are everyone's thoughts on raising the rev limiter? For me, I don't really drag at the track much, but mostly highway pulls and the such. Should I stay at stock limiter?
I will keep mine stock I think.

Not going to use it much, or get the benefits with mostly fast road and the occasional track day.

Can always add it at a later date? Can't say it's a priority for me.
Old 02-15-16, 04:16 AM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

Rafi,
What are these intake updates you speak of? Is it an additional add on to your current intake tube?
Old 02-15-16, 05:39 AM
STLblueF
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

One thing I have noticed, and I'm not sure if others have as well, but in cold weather (20-30 degrees F) my F would usually start up and idle around 1600 or so RPMS for the first 15 seconds or so. After the flash, cold starts seem to idle lower, like around 1200 RPM right after the engine starts. I wonder why this is?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Product RR-Racing ISF ECU Tune.... FINALLY!!!