CL Vendor Products for IS-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the IS-F model from CL Vendors

New Product RR-Racing ISF ECU Tune.... FINALLY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-16, 11:47 PM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Big thanks RSXiMUS for the detailed initial impressions.

Good to hear from someone other than RR-Racing who has had a few hours of good driving conditions where you could open it up etc.

I'm sold on getting mine done once I've finished off my other mods that are underway.

Having just installed my RR-Racing titanium intake, I continue to be super impressed with all of the great products Rafi, Simon, and the team offer us.

The F community are lucky to have you guys.

Can't wait for the next level! RR-Racing S/C kit anyone?!
Old 02-04-16, 01:18 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

None of you guy has Go pro ? record the driving damn it , i'll record and then drive for a few weeks pushing it and then re dyno :P that's how you do it lolz :P
Old 02-04-16, 02:54 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts

Originally Posted by k20trick
Is this tune reversible? Will it pass smog granted the cats are in place when plugging in the reader? Lastly, if the consumer buys the tune for catless version and adds a cat in the future will the tune need to be modified to account for the cats being in place?

Sorry to ask questions, but I am really interested in this tune, just deciding on which version to buy as I am unsure if I will stay catless or catted..

We have tested cars that are fully catted, and fully catless. So far, none of the testing indicates that we need a specific tune for catless vs catted (which would require tune upgrades).
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 02-04-16, 07:12 AM
Weapon F

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts

Rafi now that rpm increase is done, are Is there any plans to remove the speed limiter I know that several members here are interested in that as well reason being there are a few of us who would like to take it to top speed runs and having the speed limiter remove would be fantastic.

Second question how is the 80 mm throttle body going? how are the results looking so far and what sort of power increases do you think you can gain by going with the larger throttle body?

Thanks
David
Old 02-04-16, 07:21 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

He mentioned a couple pages back that they didn't gain any appreciable results with the 80mm throttle body and that they were going to shelve the upgrade I think? You would have to go back about 5 pages +/- to find out exactly what he said.
Old 02-04-16, 09:08 AM
juanmedina
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Weapon F
Rafi now that rpm increase is done, are Is there any plans to remove the speed limiter I know that several members here are interested in that as well reason being there are a few of us who would like to take it to top speed runs and having the speed limiter remove would be fantastic.

Second question how is the 80 mm throttle body going? how are the results looking so far and what sort of power increases do you think you can gain by going with the larger throttle body?

Thanks
David
Yeah no gains from the larger throttle body
Old 02-04-16, 09:34 AM
XutvJet
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MileHIFcar
Agreed with the above, now that there is an option of a 7200 or 7400 limited/redline would be nice to see some dyno runs with the new limiter in place to see what the power curve looks like with a stock car/exhaust car & finally a I/H/E car ideally anyway

Bolt-on intake and exhaust mods WILL NOT increase the motor's ability to breath further into the rpm range. Neither will a tune. These mods, assuming they work as advertised, will only elevate the power band, not lengthen it.

The ONLY way to increase the point at which peak power is achieved is to dig into the heads, revise the cam lift/duration, change intake runner design, etc.

I would heed the warning about raising the limiter. These motor's aren't making power above ~6,000-6,200rpms thus you should be shifting at that point or slightly beyond and definitely not at the 6,800rpm fuel cut. It's just wasted time and it will hurt 1/4 mile ET/MPH. Sure, by the seat of the pants it feels like the motor is still pulling above 6,000rpms, but the reality is power is slowly bleeding off. Less power = less acceleration. Simple as that.

If you must increase the limiter, say for road racing where revving it out longer is more beneficial/safer than shifting, then I wouldn't raise it more that 200rpms.

With that said, I can't believe no one as yet to do a simple gear by gear ideal shift point calculation for 1/4 mile performance. I think many of you would be surprised by what the ideal shift points really are. By just eyeballing it, I'm seeing the following:

1-2: 6600rpms
2-3: 6400rpms
3-4: 6300rpms
4-5: 6200rpms

Last edited by XutvJet; 02-04-16 at 09:39 AM.
Old 02-04-16, 09:49 AM
jat0223
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by XutvJet
Bolt-on intake and exhaust mods WILL NOT increase the motor's ability to breath further into the rpm range. Neither will a tune. These mods, assuming they work as advertised, will only elevate the power band, not lengthen it.

The ONLY way to increase the point at which peak power is achieved is to dig into the heads, revise the cam lift/duration, change intake runner design, etc.

I would heed the warning about raising the limiter. These motor's aren't making power above ~6,000-6,200rpms thus you should be shifting at that point or slightly beyond and definitely not at the 6,800rpm fuel cut. It's just wasted time and it will hurt 1/4 mile ET/MPH. Sure, by the seat of the pants it feels like the motor is still pulling above 6,000rpms, but the reality is power is slowly bleeding off. Less power = less acceleration. Simple as that.

If you must increase the limiter, say for road racing where revving it out longer is more beneficial/safer than shifting, then I wouldn't raise it more that 200rpms.

With that said, I can't believe no one as yet to do a simple gear by gear ideal shift point calculation for 1/4 mile performance. I think many of you would be surprised by what the ideal shift points really are. By just eyeballing it, I'm seeing the following:

Most of us have gotten better trap speeds and better quarter mile times by shifting after kissing the Rev limiter in all gears. Shifting before will usually hurt performance. This has been well documented in the forum.
Old 02-04-16, 10:22 AM
Bigjon3475
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Oh, is that how bummers work?
Old 02-04-16, 11:00 AM
tas02
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

What the throttle & shifter is about, Mr. Manpeddle.
Old 02-04-16, 11:07 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

ANY CHANCE SPEED LIMITER WILL BE REMOVE RAFI ?
Old 02-04-16, 12:21 PM
RSXiMUS
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

While this logic seems sound on paper, in real life it doesn't exactly work out like that.

If you shift right where the powerband peaks, you will fall back way lower in the powerband in the next gear, slowing you down substantially.

Go check out a stock AP1 S2000 dyno chart, they rev to 9000 but the power drops off after 8k. By your logic, you should shift an AP1 S2000 at 8000rpms?

I also have an S2000, well mine is an AP2 but I've driven AP1's countless times and you will notice the car will be tremendously slower if you don't tap the rev limiter every shift even if that's not where the peak power occurs.
Old 02-04-16, 12:31 PM
RSXiMUS
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

These motor's aren't making power above ~6,000-6,200rpms thus you should be shifting at that point or slightly beyond and definitely not at the 6,800rpm fuel cut.
Watch this video below, this is our member here known has Caymandiver. He has the fastest bolt-on ISF, (header,exhaust). He runs 11.8s and some of his traps are over 121MPH. If you watch his video, he smacks into the rev limiter in pretty much EVERY gear and rides the rev limiter a couple hundred feet at the end.

You're saying if he would have shifted at 6000rpm he would have pulled a better time?

I'm really curious to see what an ISF would pull if it shifted at 6000-6200 rpms like you suggest, probably run 14s.

Old 02-04-16, 01:45 PM
ljdsong
Intermediate

Received 148 Likes on 72 Posts

Got the message from rafi, my ecu is shipped back with rev limit @ 7200. What an OUTSTANDING service!!! Thank you RR racing!!!

Last edited by ljdsong; 02-04-16 at 07:58 PM.
Old 02-04-16, 01:46 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

What does that mean ? Lolz with speed limiter at 7200 ? Lolz

Quick Reply: New Product RR-Racing ISF ECU Tune.... FINALLY!!!