CL Vendor Products for IS-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the IS-F model from CL Vendors

New Product RR-Racing ISF ECU Tune.... FINALLY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-16, 08:23 AM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by dmk08
40+rwhp from an NA tune? Call me skeptical.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Skeptical!
Old 01-20-16, 08:23 AM
SPearson79
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2010ISFU
People with I/H/E are getting 400whp without tune right? So with gutted cats and exhaust shouldnt you be at around 400 whp anyway?
We have had ISF on this dyno with longtubes and it didnt do anything close to 400whp (maybe on std correction??)

You do reserve the right to be a skeptic - I know the ISF community has been being duped for all these years (flashy dongle things that cost a bunch of money). Maybe as more cars get going with it, you can feel more secure about it.

Last edited by SPearson79; 01-20-16 at 08:27 AM. Reason: i cant spell good.
Old 01-20-16, 08:26 AM
jspecvtec
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by 2010ISFU
People with I/H/E are getting 400whp without tune right? So with gutted cats and exhaust shouldnt you be at around 400 whp anyway?
Yeah but rr racing ISF only has the I/E hence only about ~350rwhp. They're going to do a I//H/E ISF dyno soon.
Old 01-20-16, 08:27 AM
SlayaP
Driver School Candidate

My mind, body, and wallet are ready...
Old 01-20-16, 08:29 AM
weswork
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by dcguy
Looks like im hollowing out my primary factory cats if its not going to throw a cel. wonder if i threw on the stock exhaust when it comes to emission time... would it pass with just the secondary cats from it? Hmm
Pretty sure putting the stk exhaust back on wouldn't solve it. The ecu is looking for the differential between the 1st and 2nd o2 sensors and both of them are before the second pair of cats in the stk exhaust. That is why Joe Z and other aftermarket exhausts w/o the second pair of cats don't cause you to throw a code.
Old 01-20-16, 08:29 AM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

I have no reason not to believe the information Rafi and the guys have published. If any of their other great products are anything to go by, we all know there was a bunch of testing, tweaking, double-checking done before this thread was even considered a possibility.

Rafi knows he has gained a very strong reputation on this forum and the community in general in quite a short period of time. He would never risk that over inflated or inaccurate dyno results. That is why I said you should discount the numbers themselves, and focus on the gains from the two runs.

Something had to give that HP increase, and my money says it's the tune.

I can understand the scepticism to a degree based on the hot air and lack of results in the past, but this is actually happening and is VERY real.

Time will prove not only have RR-Racing managed to achieve the holy grail of mods, but I am really confident they will also go on to offer the best and most comprehensive S/C kit ever as well.

Last edited by PDP180180; 01-20-16 at 08:33 AM. Reason: To keep Rickna happy! Lol.
Old 01-20-16, 08:32 AM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by weswork
Pretty sure putting the stk exhaust back on wouldn't solve it. The ecu is looking for the differential between the 1st and 2nd o2 sensors and both of them are before the second pair of cats in the stk exhaust. That is why Joe Z and other aftermarket exhausts w/o the second pair of cats don't cause you to throw a code.
Agreed.

My H&S system has no secondary cats in place. I asked them to add two small silencers to reduce the cabin drone, but not had any CEL issues whatsoever.

As it has been pointed out already, the sensors that monitor these things are between the primary cats only. There are no O2 sensors or anything else for that matter in or around the secondary cats.
Old 01-20-16, 08:32 AM
Rickna
Racer

Received 231 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by PDP180180
I have no reason not to believe the information Rafi and the guys have published. If any of their other great products are anything to go by, we all know there was a tonne of testing, tweaking, double-checking done before this thread was even considered a possibility.

Rafi knows he has gained a very strong reputation on this forum and the community in general in quite a short period of time. He would never risk that over inflated or inaccurate dyno results. That is why I said you should discount the numbers themselves, and focus on the gains from the two runs.

Something had to give that HP increase, and my money says it's the tune.

I can understand the scepticism to a degree based on the hot air and lack of results in the past, but this is actually happening and is VERY real.

Time will prove not only have RR-Racing managed to achieve the holy grail of mods, but I am really confident they will also go on to offer the best and most comprehensive S/C kit ever as well.
A metric ton...hmmm
Old 01-20-16, 08:33 AM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Rickna
A metric ton...hmmm
Lol, better now?!
Old 01-20-16, 08:36 AM
Rickna
Racer

Received 231 Likes on 160 Posts

Agreed.

My H&S system has no secondary cats in place. I asked them to add two small silencers to reduce the cabin drone, but not had any CEL issues whatsoever.

As it has been pointed out already, the sensors that monitor these things are between the primary cats only. There are no O2 sensors or anything else for that matter in or around the secondary cats.
Some states over here use a sniffer (Like in CT). You can fool the ECU, but not the sniffer.
Old 01-20-16, 08:42 AM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Rickna
Some states over here use a sniffer (Like in CT). You can fool the ECU, but not the sniffer.
Mine had a sniffer test done recently for the first time since the exhaust was installed. Guy doing the test had to rev my car to get any sort of reading on it!

It passed well below the limits and is running very clean according to the shop.
Old 01-20-16, 08:45 AM
dmk08
Intermediate

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Skeptical!
I mean those are the kinda numbers you see from FI Stage 1 tunes so you know ....
Old 01-20-16, 08:55 AM
Gearbangin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 223 Likes on 95 Posts

Very excited!! Cars in storage for winter here in the chilly Pittsburgh. How hard is it to pull the ECU for shipping? Im sure someone will post a DIY shortly once this gets rolling!

Now lets here some supercharger estimates. lol Is it a Vortech type or Roots on top of the intake manifold?
Old 01-20-16, 09:13 AM
nickj718
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by SPearson79
We have had ISF on this dyno with longtubes and it didnt do anything close to 400whp (maybe on std correction??)

You do reserve the right to be a skeptic - I know the ISF community has been being duped for all these years (flashy dongle things that cost a bunch of money). Maybe as more cars get going with it, you can feel more secure about it.
Not only does RR Racing hold water in the F community but Look up his^^ past work lambos the while 9

Last edited by nickj718; 01-20-16 at 09:49 AM.
Old 01-20-16, 09:17 AM
SPearson79
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by nickj718
Not only does RR Racing hold water in the F community but Look up PSI Performance its his^^ company then tell me if you still have doubts
I dont work at PSI anymore (I was very involved there but didnt own it) - I did for a very long time, and left to pursue another lifestyle. I am down the street now at Fabspeed Motorsport

I did have a great time doing very fun things at PSI... but when the oppurtunity arose to be more developmental than I could at PSI - I moved here, and I am enjoying myself a lot more (less hours and RnD is so fun when its a McLaren or a F12 Berlinetta!) .

Quick Reply: New Product RR-Racing ISF ECU Tune.... FINALLY!!!