CL Vendor Products for IS-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the IS-F model from CL Vendors

New Product RRRacing / Penske Suspension Development for ISF

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-15, 11:38 AM
Compthis
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm so glad I didn't buy the used set in the classifieds for $3000.
Old 08-08-15, 11:43 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,370 Likes on 627 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Damn it Rafi !!!! Just take my money LOL. I am loving your parts, dedication to producing new and improved parts for the community, and your dedication to have them made in the US. Kind of refreshing. Super excited !!! Very cool that you went with Penske. They make serious products.

Now I have to figure out how to get the wife to ok this after the USRS, AO separator, new exhaust, and new set of wheels this year. My IRA is growing, but Im going through all my lunch money LOL.

RR Racing ROCKS !!

PS Rafi, did you need to roll those fenders when you dropped the car?? Again you are on a square 19x9.5 set up ,right? I promise I wont ask again but can you give me your offsets and tire sizes again. I ordering a set soon and want to get an idea. Thanks again buddy!!!!!!

You know, I have no problem hyping up this suspension or accepting your hard earned money, because it is that good, and we have worked really hard to keep the price in the reasonable range, especially considering what you are getting for your $$:-)

As for wheels, I run square setup, 275/30R19, 19x9.5 offset 40 all around, TSW Nurburgring. You need to roll the rears, which is easy to do. And you need to bend the tabs up on the front, and shave a bit from the front bumper mounting point.

Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 08-08-15, 12:11 PM
Bigcloud
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

These look awesome. Any chance for a remote canister setup??

Last edited by Bigcloud; 08-11-15 at 04:27 AM.
Old 08-08-15, 12:50 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Bigcloud
These look awesome. Any change for a remote canister setup??
Its funny you mentioned it, because I brought it up once with one of the Penske techs, and he assured me that it was absolutely not necessary for anything but the most hard-core race application.

Usually the main purpose of adding an external reservoir is to increase oil capacity or add independent compression & rebound adjustability. Penske 7500 series shocks have independent reservoirs internally that achieve this purpose. When we specs the shocks, we aimed for maximum length and oil capacity.

Some shocks, like rear application on a Honda S2000, are very short, and have very little oil capacity, and therefore benefit from an external reservoir... but not in our case.

Rafi

Old 08-08-15, 02:38 PM
ZaxF
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RRRacing / Penske Suspension Development for ISF

Originally Posted by RRRacing
You know, I have no problem hyping up this suspension or accepting your hard earned money, because it is that good, and we have worked really hard to keep the price in the reasonable range, especially considering what you are getting for your $$:-)

As for wheels, I run square setup, 275/30R19, 19x9.5 offset 40 all around, TSW Nurburgring. You need to roll the rears, which is easy to do. And you need to bend the tabs up on the front, and shave a bit from the front bumper mounting point.

Rafi
Hey Rafi,

I saw a couple pictures of your car after Larry went and got his exhaust hooked up, are you running 265/30 in the front and 275/30 rear?
Attached Thumbnails RRRacing / Penske Suspension Development for ISF-photo657.jpg  
Old 08-08-15, 04:09 PM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by nicksamba
Since nobody else seems to, I will say thanks for your dedication to this community. We have little aftermarket support and I, for one, appreciate your efforts to bring the products to market
I'll second that ^^^ thought! Thanks RRRacing for creating awesome products for the ISF! Your USRS bushings are truly phenomenal! I've got your A/O Separator on my list, and now you're coming out with an amazing suspension mod (that will most undoubtedly by on my must-have list)! Please keep doing what you do best, even if some of us complain about our dwindling bank accounts.
Old 08-08-15, 06:35 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by ZaxF
Hey Rafi,

I saw a couple pictures of your car after Larry went and got his exhaust hooked up, are you running 265/30 in the front and 275/30 rear?
I am currently running 265/30R19 Toyo R888's, but if you look them up, they are as wide as most 275/30's street tires. When I run street tires, I run 275/30's.

-Rafi

Old 08-08-15, 06:57 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts

Hey Rafi,

I was going to say the same thing LOL
Old 08-09-15, 08:13 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Here is a nice video of us putting the RR Racing/Penske coilover's to the test at NJMP. I would say we have them dialed in pretty good. Only thing that would make our car faster is a driver mod (me:-)

Rafi

Old 08-09-15, 08:21 AM
ZaxF
Lead Lap

Default RRRacing / Penske Suspension Development for ISF

Here is a nice video of us putting the RR Racing/Penske coilover's to the test at NJMP. I would say we have them dialed in pretty good. Only thing that would make our car faster is a driver mod (me:-)

Rafi
How many clicks from full stiffness are you running?

That track looks fun! Wish I could make it up for the track day in September.
Old 08-09-15, 08:29 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

How many clicks from full stiffness are you running?

That track looks fun! Wish I could make it up for the track day in September.

I have no problem sharing that wiith you, but its not really relevant for your setup, we run our own valving which will not relate to what you are running. Our development with Penske is unique to our application, and the Penske 7500 shcoks and springs are valved to our specs.

We also use 16/14 spring rates and modified front sway bar (stock rear bar), which is probably different compared to what you are running.

It would be great to have you at our Sept 12th NJMP Lexus track day!

-Rafi

Old 08-09-15, 08:35 AM
ZaxF
Lead Lap

I have no problem sharing that wiith you, but its not really relevant for your setup, we run our own valving which will not relate to what you are running. Our development with Penske is unique to our application, and the Penske 7500 shcoks and springs are valved to our specs.

We also use 16/14 spring rates and modified front sway bar (stock rear bar), which is probably different compared to what you are running.

It would be great to have you at our Sept 12th NJMP Lexus track day!

-Rafi
The valving is probably different. I'm running stock front [unmodified] and rear sway and 16/14 spring rate. I've run -18 front and -20 at Road Atlanta, -20 F -22R at AMS and AMP. I found that the higher speed the track that a couple extra clicks up really makes the car perform differently going into braking zones and sharpens turn-in. I was just curious. It's great that you guys are offering these out to the community as well, I know I love my set, and anyone that picks them up can buy with the utmost confidence that they have the holy grail of coilovers!

Your commitment to the F platform makes me happy.
Old 08-09-15, 06:04 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

Nice to see the F still out there representing! The car looks like it's doing very well and I'm certainly glad to hear there are more improvements coming, especially something "affordable" with the suspension! I feel like my BC coilovers are starting to get old.
Old 08-09-15, 06:48 PM
JDMV8
Instructor

Received 188 Likes on 104 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoEaqx2Na_0

Rafi
It's addicting to watch this. Awesome job guys
Old 08-09-15, 09:04 PM
clarionguy
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dang nice video. Too bad I just bought and installed my. KW V3 not long ago.

Btw what front day time lights are you running?

Quick Reply: New Product RRRacing / Penske Suspension Development for ISF