CL Vendor Products for IS-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the IS-F model from CL Vendors

New Product Front F Bushing offering and eye opening video inside.

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-12, 12:26 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RCB
Eccentric=offset mounting point which will change the alignment setting.

Spherical=Solid steel ball and socket with a Teflon lining. This has the least deflection but possibly the most NVH

NVH=Noise, Vibration and Harshness. This is the concern that everyone is trying to determin the levels of with the different bushing options.

Hope that clears things up for you.
Ok great, thanks.

Now I understand the concepts of what's is the scope.
Old 08-03-12, 07:48 PM
Sango
Pole Position

The pictures look like these are from Powerflex rite?
Old 08-03-12, 09:34 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 140 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Sango
The pictures look like these are from Powerflex rite?
Our bushing manufacturer partner is Superpro from Australia.
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
Old 08-07-12, 06:45 AM
zombeezISF
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok, mama needs to buy a new pair of shoes for my baby. going to order tires soon, but would love to order the eccentric bushings to go along with it. where can i go to put an order in?? or am i too late to put an order in?

tia - beez
Old 08-07-12, 08:17 AM
FIGS
The Maker

offset HP bushings are up on the site. http://shopfigs.com/v1/index.php?rou...product_id=142
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
Old 08-10-12, 10:48 AM
Sango
Pole Position

Anyone have the NVH reports yet from these?

I am keen on potentially getting these but currently still waiting.
Old 08-10-12, 11:06 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Originally Posted by Sango
Anyone have the NVH reports yet from these?

I am keen on potentially getting these but currently still waiting.
We just got the 90's shipped out on Wed so people should have them in the next week. Then you should ge tyour confirmation.
Mike
Old 08-11-12, 03:26 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Originally Posted by FIGS
We just got the 90's shipped out on Wed so people should have them in the next week. Then you should ge tyour confirmation.
Mike
Excellent. I look forward to seeing it so I can eventually get them near winter time when I switch back to winter tires. The stock summer tires for my car notorious anyways so I'll run these into the ground in the meantime.
Old 08-15-12, 04:57 PM
Supraman16
Advanced

Received 36 Likes on 19 Posts

I got my bushing for my ISF installed a couple days ago. Overall the ride quality is the same and no increase in the noise from the stiffer bushings. If anything, it is more responsive and it seems like the suspension is doing is job better...it's less bouncy over random bumps, not sure how else to describe it. I am on BC Coilovers and Michelin Pilot Super Sports.

I got the bushing installed and aligned at LexTech in Pasadena (tel: 626-765-6190). Mike Bedrossian (Lexus Mastertech) did a excellent job of both the bushing install and alignment. For those who are **** about their alignment spec, I would highly recommend Mike. One thing that he said while doing the alighment was that he didn't care about if the maching was reading "green" (he has a Hunter Alignment Machine), he wanted to make sure the numbers were EXACT and feel of the car to be what the customer wanted.

Anyway, highly recommend these new bushings and work done by LexTech in Pasadena...Darshana S...
Old 10-01-12, 01:49 PM
RocketGuy3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the "single offset" and "double offset" bushings?

Also, pardon my ignorance, but what makes a part like this cost $210? To a layman like me, that appears to be a high price for a seemingly simple part.
Old 10-02-12, 12:33 AM
FIGS
The Maker

Originally Posted by RocketGuy3
Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the "single offset" and "double offset" bushings?

Also, pardon my ignorance, but what makes a part like this cost $210? To a layman like me, that appears to be a high price for a seemingly simple part.
the Single offset is for only one side eccentric the other is centered. This corrects pulling issues or issues from one side being bent perhaps.

The main factors impacting cost. Physically these are very large about 3" in diameter and they are molded to a machined outer ring to make them press fit like stock. The center crush tube is also large and machined. So everything adds up. There are also fine details that you may not see, like the knurled inner passage for the crush tube to reduce friction and hold more lube. Also the specific flex zones in the bushing design itself. Not ot mention they are manufactured in Australia and shipped here.

Fig

Last edited by FIGS; 10-02-12 at 12:36 AM.
Old 10-02-12, 10:26 AM
RocketGuy3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ah, I see. Heh, when buying replacement or upgrade parts, sometimes I wonder how new cars "only" cost as much as they do.

So if I am NOT having any asymmetric pulling problems, and I just want to correct some aggressive inner tire wear, then the double offset is what I would want to purchase? The ones from this link you posted earlier? http://shopfigs.com/v1/index.php?rou...product_id=142
Old 10-02-12, 10:35 AM
Supraman16
Advanced

Received 36 Likes on 19 Posts

I had these bushing installed over a month ago. So far there isn't any addition noise or vibration that I've notice. However, there is a slight rightward drift. I think the subframe needs to be re-aligned after getting these bushings installed.
Old 10-02-12, 03:40 PM
KJH
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 21 Posts

Darshana,

When you had your car realigned with this bushing, did you go with the "0" toe Lance Alignment or factory specs for toe-in? TIA.
Old 10-02-12, 03:50 PM
RCB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by RocketGuy3
Ah, I see. Heh, when buying replacement or upgrade parts, sometimes I wonder how new cars "only" cost as much as they do.

So if I am NOT having any asymmetric pulling problems, and I just want to correct some aggressive inner tire wear, then the double offset is what I would want to purchase? The ones from this link you posted earlier? http://shopfigs.com/v1/index.php?rou...product_id=142
No, if your not trying to correct an issue then you do not need any offset in the bushing. You most likely will want this version.
http://shopfigs.com/v1/index.php?rou...product_id=138

The 90 durometer works very well and does not seem to add much if any NVH.

Quick Reply: New Product Front F Bushing offering and eye opening video inside.