CL Vendor Products for IS-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the IS-F model from CL Vendors

New Product Front F Bushing offering and eye opening video inside.

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-13, 05:58 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

noise you get with wide wheels on a lowered car and the wheel scrubs the fender liner on low speed turns.
Old 11-25-13, 06:41 PM
yjk1975
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm lowered on BC coils and run 19x9 +30 and 19x10 +40. Maybe I'm not low or wide enough. I'll have to listen for it.
Old 11-25-13, 09:37 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,845 Likes on 2,332 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFpat
noise you get with wide wheels on a lowered car and the wheel scrubs the fender liner on low speed turns.
No, not this at all. The car, as delivered from Lexus, will jump slightly at parking lot speeds with a high steering angle - it's a lot like driving over wet leaves while turning, but without any wet or leaves. ALL 2IS do this, not just the F. I noticed it on my 350. I figured it was tire scrub, but my Supra with significantly wider tires has never done this or made this sound.

If your tires rub anywhere on the car, you should modify your setup so they don't. Rubbing is nothing but bad. Accepting it as a cost for fashion is something I will not do, and it is very unwise from a risk management perspective. Slicing a tire and having it shred at speed because you want to look good could have very serious negative consequences to your personal appearance.
Old 11-25-13, 10:58 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
No, not this at all. The car, as delivered from Lexus, will jump slightly at parking lot speeds with a high steering angle - it's a lot like driving over wet leaves while turning, but without any wet or leaves. ALL 2IS do this, not just the F. I noticed it on my 350. I figured it was tire scrub, but my Supra with significantly wider tires has never done this or made this sound.

If your tires rub anywhere on the car, you should modify your setup so they don't. Rubbing is nothing but bad. Accepting it as a cost for fashion is something I will not do, and it is very unwise from a risk management perspective. Slicing a tire and having it shred at speed because you want to look good could have very serious negative consequences to your personal appearance.
The tire is rubbing plastic. Tire > plastic in terms of what wins the shredding battle. If it was hitting metal that would be a different story and I would definitely modify it. It seems however many IS-F owners are having this rubbing issue with wider wheels while driving at low speeds.. thats just because of how much fender well space Lexus gave us and it isn't very much at that.

The issue you described also seems to have went away with the new bushings so thats a good thing that I didn't realize until you mentioned it.
Old 11-26-13, 01:18 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 141 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by WylieKylie
^^
Hey Figs, would you be interested in starting a core/replacement type program? ie, we buy the brackets with the new bushings installed, and you refund a core charge when we return a good set of brackets?

Just an idea

we can do this its just a matter of buying the factory bushings for $50. Just contact me to make arrangements.
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
Old 11-26-13, 09:16 PM
stick
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^^That is a good idea. I'd rather buy them already installed in brackets.
Old 11-27-13, 08:08 AM
zojirushi
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Will this result in a plug and play installation? Is an alignment recommended after installing it if I purchase the bushing preinstalled into the bracket? Thanks!

Originally Posted by FIGS
we can do this its just a matter of buying the factory bushings for $50. Just contact me to make arrangements.
Old 11-27-13, 09:39 AM
FIGS
The Maker

static alignment should not be affected by this bushing change, its all dynamic. So alignment is not necessary though I suggest you decide on what type of toe settings you want to maximize your wear because if you just stuck with "Factory Spec" there is obviously a lot of sway between toe in or out.
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
Old 12-19-13, 11:04 AM
ms2619
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm really interested in these, mine might be bad as well at 85K miles and my cars been hit on the left, i go through front tires every 20K miles if that...

Groupppp buy ????
Old 12-19-13, 10:45 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Originally Posted by ms2619
I'm really interested in these, mine might be bad as well at 85K miles and my cars been hit on the left, i go through front tires every 20K miles if that...

Groupppp buy ????
we have a large qty arriving next week and will have a sale between Christmas and New Years.
Old 12-23-13, 09:28 AM
FIGS
The Maker

back in stock. and on sale through the end of the year.
http://shopfigs.com/v1/index.php?rou...product_id=138
Old 01-20-14, 11:48 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Well you guys pushed me to it, now offering with bracket swap.
http://shopfigs.com/v1/index.php?rou...product_id=235
Old 01-21-14, 11:24 AM
WylieKylie
Lead Lap

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

^ Awesome! I've been on the edge of ordering a set of brackets for about a month, glad I didn't!

Edit: Ordered a set last night, does that make me the 1st to order with brackets? I love being the guinea pig!

Last edited by WylieKylie; 01-22-14 at 07:18 AM.
Old 01-21-14, 12:28 PM
sleepyray
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi FIGS, I saw this statement on your site:

'FIGS is happy to offer a $60 core charge for any returned brackets from the OE locations. Contact us for details"

would you kindly release some more detail or requirement? thanks!
Old 01-22-14, 08:31 AM
FIGS
The Maker

Originally Posted by sleepyray
Hi FIGS, I saw this statement on your site:

'FIGS is happy to offer a $60 core charge for any returned brackets from the OE locations. Contact us for details"

would you kindly release some more detail or requirement? thanks!
Well, if you ship back your original brackets with bushings installed we will credit the original transaction with $60. We will then refurb the brackets for reuse. Once I have cores built up I will offer then for slightly less than a new bracket set depending on condition. Most of these see little damage but might need a good cleaning.

Quick Reply: New Product Front F Bushing offering and eye opening video inside.