CL Vendor Products for 3IS New product details, group buys and more, specifically for 3IS models from CL Vendors

New Product RR Racing ECU Tuning and Supercharger Development

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-17, 11:12 AM
Viktimize
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Wish my experience had been the same. It was quite the ordeal to finally get the tune uploaded to the car. Most tuners you just plug it in and upload it, this one required a bunch of leg work and had numerous glitches along the way. And then when I got the tune installed finally, there is virtually no difference at all. My 240,000km IS350 had quite a bit more pull than my brand new IS300 with this tune.

Is there a possibility that i got a bunk tune? Or that the tuner can show the tune being uploaded, but the car is still using the stock fuel maps?
Old 03-23-17, 01:19 AM
sarcoptic
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Viktimize....please let us know how things turn out. I know this tune supposedly ups the redline to 7200 rpm....you could verify that is correct on how the car is shifting. Hopefully its something that can be figured out easily.
Old 03-23-17, 06:43 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts

Originally Posted by Viktimize
Wish my experience had been the same. It was quite the ordeal to finally get the tune uploaded to the car. Most tuners you just plug it in and upload it, this one required a bunch of leg work and had numerous glitches along the way. And then when I got the tune installed finally, there is virtually no difference at all. My 240,000km IS350 had quite a bit more pull than my brand new IS300 with this tune.

Is there a possibility that i got a bunk tune? Or that the tuner can show the tune being uploaded, but the car is still using the stock fuel maps?
The procedure for programming is as simple as it can possibly be for a Lexus ECU, as it is not possible to preload the programmer with the maps, as the maps have to be custom tailored to the specific version of the ECU software that is in your car.. We have had literally hundreds of users on this forum do it without issue.

For those worried about the programming process, here is the basic procedure:

(1) Install software on your computer, and update device
(2) Connect device to your car, and ID the ECU.
(3) Connect the device to your PC, and send us the ID file
(4) We email you program file(s), and you upload to the device.
(5) Write the program file to the car.

As for your disappointment in the results.... as far as I know we have not heard from you. I would like to check the file we sent you and get some feedback from you so please contact us.

thanks,
Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 03-23-17, 06:51 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts

By the way... if anyone is interested, we have a set of PPE Headers for AWD IS/RC/300/350.... they are LIKE NEW.

If interested please PM me for a great deal on an AWD header & Tune combo:

Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 03-23-17, 08:32 AM
rL-gT
Lead Lap

Received 111 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by RRRacing
The procedure for programming is as simple as it can possibly be for a Lexus ECU, as it is not possible to preload the programmer with the maps, as the maps have to be custom tailored to the specific version of the ECU software that is in your car.. We have had literally hundreds of users on this forum do it without issue.

As for your disappointment in the results.... as far as I know we have not heard from you. I would like to check the file we sent you and get some feedback from you so please contact us.

thanks,
Rafi
Took me an hour to do everything (Including emailing you guys and getting the file back)

Super easy installation.
Old 03-23-17, 09:49 AM
Mesh704
Instructor

Received 149 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by redline.gT
Took me an hour to do everything (Including emailing you guys and getting the file back)

Super easy installation.
Me 2. It's super easy.
Old 03-23-17, 02:44 PM
Viktimize
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RRRacing

thanks,
Rafi

My apologies if anyone took what I said the wrong way. I only meant to ask the question about the possibility of there being an error with my file or my tuner. Look forward to contacting to you. Thanks.
Old 03-26-17, 11:59 AM
jkonquer
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by redline.gT
So finally got my tune after a long week of waiting. Had to pay $27 in duties but it's a small price to pay for what I got

intial set up was easy and before I knew it I was emailing RR Racing my ECU ID file.

Simon emailed me back with in half an hour and I was on my way. ECU reprogramming only took 5-10 minutes.

Took the car for a quick spin after and noticed quite a difference. The car still had to relearn my habits

4th gear use to be my Go To power / fun gear on the highway.. that has now changed to 3rd gear which I managed to some how take up to 160kms before I shifting to 4th

The car feels great and I will try to give weekly updates on how the car feels.

Thank you RR Racing.

Any noticeable low end torque difference? what about at the top-end after 6.4k rpm?
Old 03-26-17, 12:06 PM
ttsport15
Lead Lap

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

I just ordered mine I'm going to take my car to local Dyno and get a before and after base line...
The following users liked this post:
sarcoptic (03-27-17)
Old 03-26-17, 12:46 PM
jkonquer
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

^^Sounds Good! Please keep us posted.

We need more independent testing and feedback.
ttsport15 (03-26-17)
Old 04-03-17, 11:17 AM
heffnerlex
Pit Crew

Received 49 Likes on 30 Posts

Just got my file back from RR Racing today and going to load it onto my 2017 IS300 tonight. My previous vehicle was a 2014 IS350, so looking forward to getting the performance back. Will provide some feedback after a few days of driving.
sarcoptic (04-03-17)
Old 04-03-17, 11:50 AM
ttsport15
Lead Lap

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by heffnerlex
Just got my file back from RR Racing today and going to load it onto my 2017 IS300 tonight. My previous vehicle was a 2014 IS350, so looking forward to getting the performance back. Will provide some feedback after a few days of driving.
how long did it take?
Old 04-03-17, 01:25 PM
heffnerlex
Pit Crew

Received 49 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by ttsport15
how long did it take?
Took 4 days to get the tune after I sent in my ECU ID, but only because they didn't have the tune available for a 2017 IS300 yet and were working on it (apparently they have to make a different file for every year/model). If I had an older IS300/350, my guess is it would have taken only a few hours? (Simon got back to me fairly quickly when I sent him my ECU ID to let me know it would be a few days).
Old 04-03-17, 06:46 PM
Cthan3o3
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the ones with the tune, how long did it take the Dimsport device to ID the ECU? I'm getting an error.
Old 04-03-17, 11:00 PM
rL-gT
Lead Lap

Received 111 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Cthan3o3
For the ones with the tune, how long did it take the Dimsport device to ID the ECU? I'm getting an error.
Did you fully update it first on your computer?

Quick Reply: New Product RR Racing ECU Tuning and Supercharger Development