CL Vendor Products for 3IS New product details, group buys and more, specifically for 3IS models from CL Vendors

GIVE AWAY - free performance parts for your 200t engine

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-16, 12:22 PM
gpxluke
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
Default GIVE AWAY - free performance parts for your 200t engine

My name is Luke representing FTP Motorsport which is the only performance parts company in the market currently in making a CNC machined charge pipe for the Lexus 2.0T engine. This part fits IS/RC/GS 200t engine. We are currently looking for a lucky candidate around San Francisco area to test fit our product and do a review.

What is a charge pipe?

A charge pipe is part of the intake system located between the turbo and intercooler. This part usually sustains a lot of stress as it’s filled with boost pressure. However, most of automakers on the market choose to make this part in plastic instead of metal due to manufacturing cost. As a result, a failed charge pipe is a very common problem for force induction engine vehicle due to heat, ECU tuning with higher boost, and wear and tear under normal usage.

What you have to do?

Once you are selected to be the candidate for the free charge pipe, we will arrange a time with our installer in San Francisco area to do a proper install. A DIY video and a before and after video will be taken after install is done. You will walk away with a free charge pipe which should decrease the turbo lag on the engine and increase throttle response. Most importantly, you don’t have to worry about having a charge pipe failure in the future as the OEM pipe do fail from time to time, please see pictures below. We would also like you doing a detailed honest review for our product on the forum. Share your inputs and feedback in terms of build quality of the product, features of the products and benefits of the products, goods and bads whatever you like, so we can continuously improve our product.

Where is the charge pipe located?

Here are some pictures showing what the product is and where exactly its location is.

For those who are interested in doing a test fit, please pm me for further information.

Old 09-21-16, 11:41 PM
MasonGrey
Pole Position

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

If only this were SoCal and not San Francisco. I'd be all over this in a heartbeat.
Old 10-17-16, 05:43 PM
mobinhard
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Me too!!! Why are you guys so far 😩
Old 10-17-16, 09:41 PM
Lexmeup
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most of the time I see deals in Socal and glad to see one in Norcal. Alas, I don't have a 200t
Old 10-18-16, 03:05 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,066 Likes on 1,560 Posts

Cool product that might (might) be helpful with an aggressively tuned IS200t with bolt ons, but there's no evidence so far to show that our stock pipes are holding anything back in terms of performance or reliability stock or even with a very conservative/mild tune.

This seller says the product *Should* decrease turbo lag. But do they say it *does?* These are important words you guys need to pay attention to.

Basically ask: is there any proof or results to show that this product is superior with respect to lag? Is the diameter different? curves/twists/turns different? Or is this simply the same diameter/design of the stock pipe but just made out of a different material (metal)? If so, I don't see how this can provide any performance gains.

The only area where I can see this useful is on a tuned IS200t and even then, probably only for long term. I would find it difficult to believe that the threshhold of durability of which Lexus built the stock pipe to fall apart after a modest increase in boost pressure. Lexus typically designs things to be in for the long haul. This means it should be able to withstand long-term durability even with a 3 psi increase of boost
Old 10-19-16, 09:06 PM
gpxluke
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by E46CT
Cool product that might (might) be helpful with an aggressively tuned IS200t with bolt ons, but there's no evidence so far to show that our stock pipes are holding anything back in terms of performance or reliability stock or even with a very conservative/mild tune.

This seller says the product *Should* decrease turbo lag. But do they say it *does?* These are important words you guys need to pay attention to.

Basically ask: is there any proof or results to show that this product is superior with respect to lag? Is the diameter different? curves/twists/turns different? Or is this simply the same diameter/design of the stock pipe but just made out of a different material (metal)? If so, I don't see how this can provide any performance gains.

The only area where I can see this useful is on a tuned IS200t and even then, probably only for long term. I would find it difficult to believe that the threshhold of durability of which Lexus built the stock pipe to fall apart after a modest increase in boost pressure. Lexus typically designs things to be in for the long haul. This means it should be able to withstand long-term durability even with a 3 psi increase of boost
I am being honest to you. This product has no proof yet for decreased turbo lag or increase of throttle response because it is hard the get this "data" as you need to actually feel it from driving the car after installing the product. That is why I am having this thread open. I want to have a IS/RC/GS 200t owner to try our product, do a before and after review on the product. Possibly we can also film a before and after video for the acceleration.

As for reliability, Lexus is famous in making their vehicles long lasting but doesn't mean bulletproof. There is still a chance of part failure due to normal wear and tear. We have sold tons of these to our BMW customers given some of the customers don't even drive aggressively and tune their cars. I totally understand your doubt regarding our products because we are new to the Lexus market that's why we are giving out our product for free to receive all kinds of feedback.
Old 10-21-16, 06:01 AM
slickster9
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't live close enough to SF or I would be into this deal as well, but I did come across your product (for cheaper than ive seen posted anywhere else) on amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Intake-charge...ge+pipe+is200t

for this price I would be willing to try it out and see if it makes any difference. we will see how it works out.
Old 10-21-16, 10:14 AM
gpxluke
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by slickster9
I don't live close enough to SF or I would be into this deal as well, but I did come across your product (for cheaper than ive seen posted anywhere else) on amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Intake-charge...ge+pipe+is200t

for this price I would be willing to try it out and see if it makes any difference. we will see how it works out.
We are already aware of this seller. I am not sure what kind of product he is selling as that pricing is way lower than our authorized dealer's retail suggested price. We also see him selling on ebay.