CL Vendor Products for 3IS New product details, group buys and more, specifically for 3IS models from CL Vendors

Black pearl emblem alternative - Looking for product testers

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-16, 04:50 PM
BostonIS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Don, you never replied to my last PM. I would still like to try this out.
Old 08-17-16, 07:04 PM
geigerbran
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

If there is still anyway to get in on this I would like to also try.
Old 08-17-16, 07:04 PM
mjh09e
Lexus Test Driver

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I am willing to give it a try. Just picked up a 16 USB 2.0 IS350 F-Sport!

Located in Fort Lauderdale
Old 08-19-16, 04:14 PM
Xenosis32
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very interested as well, can't wait to see/try one out myself!
Old 08-28-16, 02:46 PM
geigerbran
Pit Crew

I have received my overlay and it is pretty simple to install. Just gotta take your time and make sure your surface is clean before starting. It is a subtle difference. Here are a couple pics.
Attached Thumbnails Black pearl emblem alternative - Looking for product testers-photo697.jpg   Black pearl emblem alternative - Looking for product testers-photo678.jpg   Black pearl emblem alternative - Looking for product testers-photo220.jpg  
Old 09-08-16, 12:17 PM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

So I had sent out several sets of these, in hopes that people would take pictures of the before/after, but I only had two or so people actually follow up afterwards with pictures/feedback, which is a bit unfortunate.

Either way, I won't let those bad few ruin it for others, and cause I really enjoy the Lexus community on here, I am still willing a special pricing on the overlays for the emblems.

Shoot me a message or e-mail me for those who are truly interested and willing to follow through to help out the rest of the Lexus community on here.

Based on the two or so people who messaged me back, it seems like fitment and installation is spot on and fairly straight forward, which was the most important part of designing this pre cut product.

Thanks.

-Don
Old 09-08-16, 12:22 PM
mrhale12
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Don Nguyen
So I had sent out several sets of these, in hopes that people would take pictures of the before/after, but I only had two or so people actually follow up afterwards with pictures/feedback, which is a bit unfortunate.

Either way, I won't let those bad few ruin it for others, and cause I really enjoy the Lexus community on here, I am still willing a special pricing on the overlays for the emblems.

Shoot me a message or e-mail me for those who are truly interested and willing to follow through to help out the rest of the Lexus community on here.

Based on the two or so people who messaged me back, it seems like fitment and installation is spot on and fairly straight forward, which was the most important part of designing this pre cut product.

Thanks.

-Don
I received mine and Installed it very easily...the fitment is pretty spot on...I will try to get a picture uploaded to show how it looks...Thank you Don for the product!
Old 09-08-16, 12:51 PM
jlopez3983
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

any pictures of an installed product? im curious to see how this looks on a 3IS
Old 09-08-16, 01:04 PM
geigerbran
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by jlopez3983
any pictures of an installed product? im curious to see how this looks on a 3IS
Post #20 10/Char
Old 09-08-16, 02:16 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,079 Likes on 1,570 Posts

I bought the generic lamin-x precut 12"x12" film however I could not get the stock emblem off. I didn't want to destroy the little metal clips on the back or snap the emblem's plastic nubs. So I just quit and shut the hood lol.

I'm in Irvine and can and will provide some extremely high quality photos before and after for the forums (look at my recent thread/photo/video contributions under my name). Let me know how much?
Old 09-08-16, 06:02 PM
BostonIS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks.

-Don
I posted before and after shots on my build thread Don. Hope I didn't disappoint you cause I didn't post in here! Lol

But to give everyone an honest review of the product here it is: Fitment was overall spot on for the emblem and really easy to put on. It does look a bit different and better than the oem emblem. Although I wouldn't say it looks exactly like the black pearl emblem now. All in all, I would recommend the product to people and it did get a comment from my coworker. He said your emblem looks interesting, almost like its a headlight. Lol

Pictures of the before and after in my build thread which is in my signature!
Old 09-08-16, 06:27 PM
drobbins
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Don, I sent you a PM a week or so ago asking for your PayPal info. Please send it to me and I will be happy to try the product and wrote a review.
Old 09-20-16, 11:12 AM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by geigerbran
I have received my overlay and it is pretty simple to install. Just gotta take your time and make sure your surface is clean before starting. It is a subtle difference. Here are a couple pics.
Out of all of the sets that I have shipped out, geigerbran is the only one that has actually posted before/after pictures, haha.
Old 09-20-16, 02:40 PM
geigerbran
Pit Crew

Out of all of the sets that I have shipped out, geigerbran is the only one that has actually posted before/after pictures, haha.
It was apart of the deal that we made. One thing I have always been fond of is being a man of my word. I wish you lived closer I'd have you do my roof.
Old 09-25-16, 03:34 PM
Don Nguyen
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by geigerbran
It was apart of the deal that we made. One thing I have always been fond of is being a man of my word. I wish you lived closer I'd have you do my roof.
For sure. It is most appreciated. You will definitely be one of the people I will hit up whenever I get a pre-cut pieces for the grill or window trim made in the future.

-Don

Quick Reply: Black pearl emblem alternative - Looking for product testers