CL Vendor Products for 3IS New product details, group buys and more, specifically for 3IS models from CL Vendors

New Service Lexus IS Custom ECU Tuning!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-16, 12:24 PM
JWIS350
Driver

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Any updates on the remote 3IS tune? I see back on July 13 in this thread someone purchased it. Have you been provided any feedback yet?
Old 08-23-16, 01:08 PM
TTFS
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JWIS350
Any updates on the remote 3IS tune? I see back on July 13 in this thread someone purchased it. Have you been provided any feedback yet?
I believe Frank is working with the customer. I can check for updates. If I am thinking of the same customer I believe the tune wasn't initially loaded correctly and we have asked him to load again. I will check with Frank.
Old 08-23-16, 05:25 PM
JWIS350
Driver

That would be great! Been following the progress with the 3IS tune for quite some time. I'm located in Canada so I can't afford the time required to send the ECU to you. For me the remote tune will be the way to go. (Had my RSX Type S tuned remotely and was very happy with the results)
Please keep us posted on how this is working out for the customer who recently purchased it. I know there are a vast number of members who are looking forward to hearing some positive news.
Old 08-24-16, 07:58 AM
TTFS
Former Sponsor

That would be great! Been following the progress with the 3IS tune for quite some time. I'm located in Canada so I can't afford the time required to send the ECU to you. For me the remote tune will be the way to go. (Had my RSX Type S tuned remotely and was very happy with the results)
Please keep us posted on how this is working out for the customer who recently purchased it. I know there are a vast number of members who are looking forward to hearing some positive news.
Of course we will keep everyone posted. We have limited resources so we aren't active on here as much as we would like but we try to address all questions and post everything worth posting.
Old 08-24-16, 09:27 AM
JWIS350
Driver

Great! Did you happen to follow up with Frank yesterday regarding the customer with the remote 3IS tune?
Old 08-25-16, 08:50 AM
TTFS
Former Sponsor

Great! Did you happen to follow up with Frank yesterday regarding the customer with the remote 3IS tune?
Sorry, I did reach out to Frank a few times but have not received a response yet.
Old 09-15-16, 01:05 PM
E46CT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,209 Likes on 1,655 Posts

Originally Posted by TTFS
Sounds good, I think we all will benefit from this.

Yes we are sure there is good room for safe advancement. You can do a lot more in tuning with a turbo than a NA motor.
Any updates on the 200t tune? I wonder who will be the first US company to offer one? Burger Motorsports is almost done with theirs. They are waiting on connectors, they say. I don't trust those asian companies. Nobody seems to have their tunes in the US. Makes me wonder if they are fake/spam companies? Not a single US review on their products.
Old 09-15-16, 09:57 PM
TTFS
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by E46CT
Any updates on the 200t tune? I wonder who will be the first US company to offer one? Burger Motorsports is almost done with theirs. They are waiting on connectors, they say. I don't trust those asian companies. Nobody seems to have their tunes in the US. Makes me wonder if they are fake/spam companies? Not a single US review on their products.
We just need to get one in our doors to show the world what we can do.
Old 10-06-16, 09:53 PM
JWIS350
Driver

Sorry, I did reach out to Frank a few times but have not received a response yet.
Any updates regarding this 3IS remote tune??
Old 10-07-16, 08:33 AM
TTFS
Former Sponsor

Any updates regarding this 3IS remote tune??
Frank has tuned a 3IS remotely. You can purchase the tune through our website if interested. Please send a pm or email if you have any questions.

Thank you
Old 10-09-16, 04:23 PM
zcon
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

We just need to get one in our doors to show the world what we can do.
Now that you have done one remotely what are the figures, what type of gains can we expect from this tune? Any dyno graphs to show the full potential of a custom tune ? I see the 1k price tag for the tune for the 200t, but let us know what this baby can really do with a full tune!!! I'm ready to buy, after I see some results! I've been waiting to mod my Rc for sooooo long :-D just been waiting on a tune to get the full power out of a full intake and exhaust. Now that this 3is is able to be tuned does that mean there is potential for maybe larger turbo upgrades for the 200t? I would definitely sacrifice a bit of spool and lag for some extra ponies up top.

Last edited by zcon; 10-09-16 at 04:37 PM.
Old 10-09-16, 04:38 PM
Mrg02d
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by zcon
Now that you have done one remotely what are the figures, what type of gains can we expect from this tune? Any dyno graphs to show the full potential of a custom tune ? I see the 1k price tag for the tune for the 200t, but let us know what this baby can really do with a full tune!!! I'm ready to buy, after I see some results! I've been waiting to mod my Rc for sooooo long :-D just been waiting on a tune to get the full power out of a full intake and exhaust. Now that this 3is is able to be tuned does that mean there is potential for maybe larger turbo upgrades for the 200t? I would definitely sacrifice a bit of spool and lag for some extra ponies up top.
Seems to be turning into a wild goose chase with these tuners.
Old 10-09-16, 04:46 PM
zcon
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrg02d
Seems to be turning into a wild goose chase with these tuners.
I don't want to buy something else, this car is such beauty and elegance. The 200t has Demons she wants to unleash! I wish i lived closer so they could use my car. Other 2.0T get Big gains. I am whiling to pay for a superior product however, this is a Lexus and the time and skill it takes to unlock and release the power these cars have is worth the premium.

Last edited by zcon; 10-09-16 at 04:51 PM.
Old 10-09-16, 05:10 PM
JWIS350
Driver

Originally Posted by zcon
Great news! As other have expressed I'd like to see some proven results on paper (dyno etc) before I pull the trigger on the 3IS tune. When I purchased my K-pro for the ol RSX way back in the day there was a good amount of proven results to show the potential of the tune. I also had it remotely tuned so I'm not too worried about that process. With the remote tune that you did are you able to roughly show any positive gains?
Once you can provide that I'm ready to move forward.
Are there any folks here in the forum that have purchased this yet and would be willing to provide feedback?
Old 10-10-16, 01:14 AM
Mesh704
Instructor

Received 149 Likes on 97 Posts

Nice that you tuned 3IS remotely !! What the gain ?

My car already tuned can I purchase your remote and tune and save my old tune so I can switch between your tune and my tune ?

And what's the price for the package ?

Thanks

Quick Reply: New Service Lexus IS Custom ECU Tuning!