CL Vendor Products for 3IS New product details, group buys and more, specifically for 3IS models from CL Vendors

New Service Lexus IS Custom ECU Tuning!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-16, 06:22 PM
MrSlopra
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TTFS
No that is something we do not plan to do. In the near future we are going to make it so you do not have to send your ECU at all.
What do you mean by this? It sounds contradictory.

We are always seeking new advancements and innovations to bring to the community. We have a lot of planned for this platform and will be coming out with solutions which will change the way tuning is being performed currently. We have already successfully tuned multiple ISF's, IS250, and IS350. We have much more ahead including the RCF.
Does this mean that we should wait until advancements are made? Do you mean advancements in what can be tuned/perfecting the tune?
Old 02-11-16, 06:53 PM
TTFS
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MrSlopra
What do you mean by this? It sounds contradictory.

Does this mean that we should wait until advancements are made? Do you mean advancements in what can be tuned/perfecting the tune?
What we mean is we will not sell the software license and in the near future we will be able to tune you without removing your ecu. We will be able to do everything over obd.

Waiting is up to you, like we said any advancements in the tune will be offered to our customers who previously purchased it. For example if we offer new features. Either way yout choose you won't miss out.
Old 02-11-16, 09:47 PM
jkonquer
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

I believe myself and many other people on this board are looking to get an actual dyno tune of their individual vehicles. Im sure you already know that a dyno tune makes huge difference both in gains and reliability of the vehicle vs an off the shelf tune. Essentially what you are offering is an "off the shelf" tune of a vehicle and it seems that you will be offering some sort of obd module that can be flashed into your ecu, just without being able to custom tune it.

Im in california and there is no way for me to drive my car to your location to get my car dyno tuned with the current and future mods on the vehicle. That is the main reason why im asking if the software will be included with the tune for the possible advancement and ability to custom tune.

If this is not the case, will you be offering multiple tunes with different mods? Such as intake, headers, exhaust both seperately and together?

Last edited by jkonquer; 02-11-16 at 09:50 PM.
Old 02-12-16, 08:05 AM
TTFS
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by jkonquer
I believe myself and many other people on this board are looking to get an actual dyno tune of their individual vehicles. Im sure you already know that a dyno tune makes huge difference both in gains and reliability of the vehicle vs an off the shelf tune. Essentially what you are offering is an "off the shelf" tune of a vehicle and it seems that you will be offering some sort of obd module that can be flashed into your ecu, just without being able to custom tune it.

Im in california and there is no way for me to drive my car to your location to get my car dyno tuned with the current and future mods on the vehicle. That is the main reason why im asking if the software will be included with the tune for the possible advancement and ability to custom tune.

If this is not the case, will you be offering multiple tunes with different mods? Such as intake, headers, exhaust both seperately and together?
Hopefully my explanation is clear, please let me know if it is not.

1) If you bring your vehicle to our shop we will custom dyno tune it. This is a custom tune not a generic one size fits all tune.

2) If you mail us your ECU today, we will flash it and send it back to you but this will be a generic flash.

3) If you already have received a flashed ECU that you sent us or will be doing business with us in the future we will be providing custom tunes remotely via the OBD port. For those that already have our tune they will need to buy the cable/tool from us and data log from the base tune we sent them. Then send us those files and we will build you a custom tune off your data logging and send it back you to. You will write the updated custom tune to your ECU then by using our cable/tool.

The process would be the same for first time customers. Only difference is we would send you the cable/tool with a base file which you would load and then follow the steps of data logging and sending the files back and forth.

We make the custom tunes either live in house on our dyno or remotely via data logging. You will not be making any adjustments to the tune just uploading it.

As of now I do not believe anyone is offering custom tuning for this platform, just a ECU flash.

Hope this clears things up.

Last edited by TTFS; 02-12-16 at 09:05 AM.
Old 02-12-16, 08:55 AM
MrSlopra
Driver School Candidate

Very clear, thanks for the information!
Old 02-13-16, 03:28 AM
Mesh704
Instructor

Received 149 Likes on 97 Posts

hello

i did tune my car almost 3 months ago in Dubai and thats the max power i get !!

-287 HP at the wheels
-259 TORQUE
-345@CRANK
the AIR/FUEL ratio on dyno was 12.5

my car set up :

- ppe ceramic headers cat less
- invidia mid-pipe
- kooks mufflers 2.5
-afe magnum force cold air intake
- tune at @dubike_dyno

http://store1.up-00.com/2016-02/145520411854091.jpeg

waiting to see how much you can get out of the is350 but must be ( SAFTEY TUNE )

thanks
Old 02-13-16, 06:45 AM
Mesh704
Instructor

Received 149 Likes on 97 Posts

I did just upload the video for the car on the DYNOJET

Old 02-13-16, 06:48 AM
TTFS
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mesh704

hello

i did tune my car almost 3 months ago in Dubai and thats the max power i get !!

-287 HP at the wheels
-259 TORQUE
-345@CRANK
the AIR/FUEL ratio on dyno was 12.5

my car set up :

- ppe ceramic headers cat less
- invidia mid-pipe
- kooks mufflers 2.5
-afe magnum force cold air intake
- tune at @dubike_dyno

http://store1.up-00.com/2016-02/145520411854091.jpeg

waiting to see how much you can get out of the is350 but must be ( SAFTEY TUNE )

thanks
Hello,

We have tuned a 2IS (see below) but not a 3IS yet. Of course we will post once we do.

Please keep in mind that you should not focus on the max numbers. Different dynos will read different numbers on different days, climates, and with different mods. You need to focus on the delta, the power gained from the tune.

Old 02-13-16, 08:23 AM
jkonquer
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

thanks for the info.

As far as the adjustment goes, is that going to something extra charge on top of the initial purchase.

Also do you have the graph of the tune before 3k rpm?
Old 02-13-16, 08:46 AM
TTFS
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by jkonquer
thanks for the info.

As far as the adjustment goes, is that going to something extra charge on top of the initial purchase.

Also do you have the graph of the tune before 3k rpm?
If you add modifications and want a retune yes there will be a charge. If we come out with revisions we will not charge you for that.

What we have posted is what we have, that is where we started recording.
Old 02-13-16, 10:00 AM
samjones
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

How much is that cable tool for data logins?
Old 02-13-16, 10:58 AM
TTFS
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by samjones
How much is that cable tool for data logins?
We have not finalized price yet. We will announce price when our remote tuning via obd is available.
Old 02-15-16, 12:14 PM
TTFS
Former Sponsor

UPDATE

Sorry for the lack of updates but we have been hard at work! We need the help from the Lexus community so we can get remote tuning via the OBD to you guys as soon as possible. What we need is 10 Lexus owners (We prefer owners of all different models: ISF 2IS, 3IS, RCF, ect) to purchase our tune with tool combo so we can build our file library. Once our file library is built we will no longer need to have ECU's sent to us and all tuning can be done via OBD and our tool.

The first 10 customers who purchase our tune/tool combo will get the package for a intro price of $795. This includes our tool which is $350 value basically for free. You will have to send us your ECU and we will send you your ECU back with our tool and stock and tuned files. With the tool you can switch between stock and tuned files if you need to go to the dealer ect. You can flash to your ECU as many times as you like. If we come out with any revisions we can email those files to you at NO CHARGE and you can load them to your ECU using your tool. You can have multiple tunes and switch to them as you wish with our tool. Once you have sent us your ECU you will never need to remove it again. All future flashing will be done via the OBD using our tool.

By the first 10 customers purchasing this tune/tool combo they will be helping us and the lexus community by allowing us to build our file library so we no longer will need ECU's sent to us and everything will be 100% OBD custom tunes moving forward!

You should be able to purchase the tune/tool combo directly from our website. Please PM or email us with any questions.

Thank you!
Old 02-15-16, 05:12 PM
rsx2crazy
Rookie

Your flash program disables the speed limiter correct?
Old 02-15-16, 08:18 PM
TTFS
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by rsx2crazy
Your flash program disables the speed limiter correct?
Yes if that is what you wish. We can disable the speed limiter, raise rev limit, ect

Quick Reply: New Service Lexus IS Custom ECU Tuning!