CL Vendor Products for 3IS New product details, group buys and more, specifically for 3IS models from CL Vendors
View Poll Results: Would you be interested in a Supercharger Kit for your IS350?
Absolutely! I would purchase if available.
59.26%
I might be interested.
34.26%
Not really that interested.
5.56%
What's a Supercharger?
0.93%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Gathering Interest IS350 STILLEN Supercharger Interested Thread/Poll

Old 05-14-15, 05:01 PM
Sexis350
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CJW
I like the idea of this, but I'm thinking at 7k or so and by the time it's released, I might just be in the market for a new S3/S4 that are significantly faster out of the gate.
I think adding a super charger would be more viable than buying a new car. Who knows tho, people like to do that stuff.
Old 05-14-15, 05:34 PM
drbazing
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

People who will buy the cars used, will be all over these.
Old 05-14-15, 05:59 PM
a790
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CJW
I like the idea of this, but I'm thinking at 7k or so and by the time it's released, I might just be in the market for a new S3/S4 that are significantly faster out of the gate.
Fair point. In a year or so I'll be looking at the new S4's...

Unless a supercharger kit from Stillen doesn't suck and the cars that put them on don't grenade. I like my Lexus :P
Old 05-14-15, 06:03 PM
a790
Driver

Originally Posted by NickTee
The way you posted it makes it sound like a poorly built turbo kit. I was just clarifying that they will make boost from idle if you go WOT and the bypass closes, since it's connected directly to the engine.
Yea fair enough.
Old 05-14-15, 06:57 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by STILLEN
We did discuss this and we don't see a way to fit one without modifying the hood
Will it be the same situation for the 4gs350?
Old 05-15-15, 10:37 AM
STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sam430
Will it be the same situation for the 4gs350?
The kit for the GS350, IS350, and RC350 will all use a Vortech blower and will not require hood modification.
Old 05-15-15, 10:38 AM
CJW
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sexis350
I think adding a super charger would be more viable than buying a new car. Who knows tho, people like to do that stuff.
The big issue for me is slapping on a supercharger that would make this car perfect powerwise, but then warranty would be void and *if* anything went wrong, it would be costly.

I've blown a modded engine before, it's not fun at all.
Old 05-15-15, 11:01 AM
R8RDIVA
Driver School Candidate

What is the ETA on this kit?
Old 05-15-15, 06:21 PM
Sexis350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CJW
The big issue for me is slapping on a supercharger that would make this car perfect powerwise, but then warranty would be void and *if* anything went wrong, it would be costly.

How did you blow it? What were mods?
Old 05-15-15, 06:34 PM
bhvrdr
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Would you guys be using a piggy back or flashing the ECU?

Do you know if the AWD drivetrain can also handle the additional power or would this only be for RWD?

Mike
Old 05-16-15, 07:53 AM
bclodfelte
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CJW

Yes this....coming from the Subi side with my STI I fear the Warranty. Some people can write it off and cross their fingers, but my bank roll isn't that big
Old 05-16-15, 03:21 PM
rsx2crazy
Rookie

Originally Posted by bhvrdr
Would you guys be using a piggy back or flashing the ECU?

Do you know if the AWD drivetrain can also handle the additional power or would this only be for RWD?

Mike
I would like to know this also. If its a piggy back or flash, would that mean you would be able to get rid of the speed limiter/governor?
Old 05-19-15, 10:33 AM
shirosan
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CJW

Originally Posted by bclodfelte
Yes this....coming from the Subi side with my STI I fear the Warranty. Some people can write it off and cross their fingers, but my bank roll isn't that big

Ha! I've been down the exact same road last year. I bought a Scion FRS (Subi BRZ, FT86) and put a Greddy Turbo kit on her with a tune that was safe using E85 and well... ended up throwing a rod through the top of the small block. Didn't even have the car for a year yet. Learned my lesson on that, kind of .

IS350 STILLEN Supercharger Interested Thread/Poll-rebuild.jpg

But for Stillen's SC kit, those that know how cars work, have torn engines out, etc. will know this kit will be safe for this car. Around 7 PSI on a naturally aspirated (NA) engine is safe. Also, previously in this thread another member had a SC on their IS and they logged the Air to Fuel ratio, RPMs, PSI level, and WHP. The stock ECU adjusted perfectly when the boost started to hit. I'm very confident the drive train, engine, etc. can handle an extra 50-100whp. We all know that Lexus under-power's their cars and does an extensive amount of research and development to create a reliable product. I can only see a car or this kit failing because of improper install, poor maintenance, not knowing how to take care of your SC kit, using low octane gas (increasing the risk of knock), and other stupid things that are easily avoidable. Just saying

I believe the goal for this SC kit--and in no way am I speaking for Stillen; it's just my assessment--is to not build a race car but add a little more performance, aesthetics, a fun DIY kit, and have a new and refreshing aftermarket kit for our cars. It's really nice to see a shop like Stillen accepting the challenge of creating an SC kit, especially with all the controversy and arguments about it being expensive, not worth the "small" increase in power, etc. But then again, we get people that install a full exhaust system and intake to get 15-30 extra whp for $1500+ LOL. But d4mn, they sure sound nice!

These are some things that I feel are benefits about this type of FI kit:
  1. Centrifugal System (don't have to mess with the top of the engine/intake manifold like the other SCs)
  2. No tapped oil pans
  3. No modifications to the exhaust manifold or intake manifold
  4. Direct bolt on
  5. Easily removable (compared to many other forced induction kits)
  6. No modifications to the ECU (well, that I know of)
  7. Using parts from established companies (e.g. vortech, etc.)
  8. And, built by a well established company

I feel like I just tried to sell this product...lmao. :P Well, I will stop my rant and get back to work. Basically took my lunch break to type this. Plus, when I buy this kit it will be a gift to myself for breaking up with the ex GF LOL

Last edited by shirosan; 05-19-15 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Added Photo; fixed phrasing
Old 05-19-15, 02:56 PM
Kybball#1
Racer

Lets get this thing up and running before I go spend 75K on a new RCF
Old 05-19-15, 04:55 PM
simon3huna
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kybball#1
Lets get this thing up and running before I go spend 75K on a new RCF
let me grab those bronze Vossen's of you if you decide to go that route. lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Gathering Interest IS350 STILLEN Supercharger Interested Thread/Poll