CL Vendor Products for 2IS New product details, group buys and more, specifically for 2IS models from CL Vendors

New Product RR Racing ECU Tune

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-16, 09:58 AM
GISguy
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Any chance we'll see something like this for the ES350/Camry V6 (2GR-FE)? There's a huge demand for it from the guys at ToyotaNation.
Old 03-30-16, 01:22 PM
Icy350
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rlydeadly
thanks rr racing for making the tune, i want to see a full bolts on is350 plus the tune,i think can past the 300whp.

Deifnitely obtainable.

stock car is 265.
Tune= +15
Thats 280 WHP no matter what.
PPE Headers is supossed to give +16.

If you're allowed to add numbers just like that then I dont see why 300WHP is not reachable.
Old 04-02-16, 02:29 PM
rlydeadly
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Icy350
Deifnitely obtainable.

stock car is 265.
Tune= +15
Thats 280 WHP no matter what.
PPE Headers is supossed to give +16.

If you're allowed to add numbers just like that then I dont see why 300WHP is not reachable.
Full bolts on the tuned the top should be 310-315whp
Old 04-02-16, 02:46 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Sorry to be a buzz kill but I think you guys are overestimating our cars a little too much. Stock we dyno anywhere around 260-270 depending on what dyno. With Joe Z intake and catback add maybe 10whp and thats a pretty big maybe because I dont think my car is much faster feeling than stock if at all. Throw headers on and you gain at least 12whp that puts us at, then the 10-15 whp from tuning and you have a total of 292whp when its all said and done. Assuming your on a lower reading dyno or just have a higher mileage car honestly (like mine).

I honestly think we MAY be able to break the 300whp mark if you have a great running car but its more likely we will still be in the high 290's. I only say this because as much as I love my 350, I still like to see the reality of things that are cars are not all that mod friendly... Ill still do this tune though, but the 310whp estimate seems a little far fetched.

Just my opinion and who knows, maybe im wrong? But I wouldnt get too excited about numbers, I mostly care more for how the power band improves and how we can rev higher with this tune. But right now what this car really needs more than anything is a transmission tune of some sort to make the car take advantage of its new found high rev capabilites. Until then the tune is still a great little way to have some more fun for now with the cars we once thought were untunable. Oh and Im still ordering mine too by the way, its just been put on a lower priority to my wheels at the moment. After all, our cars real hidden potential is in how beautiful it can be with a little exterior work
Old 04-02-16, 03:59 PM
metaleckz
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Only if we can change cams, bigger TB, bigger intake manifold lmao
Old 04-02-16, 09:40 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only option: Nitrious.
Old 04-03-16, 07:04 AM
redspencer
OG Member

Received 529 Likes on 314 Posts

It's a little known secret but it was revealed on the IS-F ECU Tuning thread that you can extract an additional 5.5 HP from your tune by adding the RR-Racing sticker (confirmed by Rafi in writing so it has to be true...):

Originally Posted by One2beH8ed
Smart arsses. Dont forget the RRracing sticker. Thats another 5 HP
Originally Posted by RRRacing
Wrong! sticker is 5.5hp.

Rafi
I can definitely feel the HP gains after I recently added the RR-Racing decal to my engine cover.

Old 04-03-16, 07:22 AM
Cali2is
Advanced

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

I'll take ten stickers please.
Old 04-12-16, 08:56 PM
Kmasyl
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello Rafi,

Is a transmission tune still in the works?
Old 04-19-16, 07:25 PM
redspencer
OG Member

I finally had a chance to test out the new RR Racing ECU Tune at a recent autocross competition and I have to say that this tune is worth every penny!

Spectators and other drivers were commenting on how fast the Lexus was and kept asking me if there was a V8 under the hood or if the motor was supercharged!

With the additional power/torque and the additional 500-700 RPMs to play with from the ECU tune, the IS350 would launch from a dig like a bat out of hell and maintained a very strong powerband up to the 7200 RPM redline. As long as initiated my shifts a little bit early (1,000 RPMs prior to redline on 1st gear and 500 RPMs prior to redline on 2nd gear), I would consistently be able to upshift at around the 7k mark without bouncing off the redline.

A really big benefit gained from this tune is the ability to stay in gear much longer which helped tremendously when I was able to stay in 2nd gear at speeds close to 70 mph when I previously had to shift to 3rd gear at 60ish mph. I really regret not recording a video of my runs because the IS350 was screaming through the course and the combination of the F-Sport Exhaust and the ECU Tune turned the car into an acoustic masterpiece. The amount of compliments on how great the car sounded were endless.

Here are a few shots of my car representing Team Lexus at the event.

Old 04-19-16, 10:37 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by redspencer
I finally had a chance to test out the new RR Racing ECU Tune at a recent autocross competition and I have to say that this tune is worth every penny!

Spectators and other drivers were commenting on how fast the Lexus was and kept asking me if there was a V8 under the hood or if the motor was supercharged!

With the additional power/torque and the additional 500-700 RPMs to play with from the ECU tune, the IS350 would launch from a dig like a bat out of hell and maintained a very strong powerband up to the 7200 RPM redline. As long as initiated my shifts a little bit early (1,000 RPMs prior to redline on 1st gear and 500 RPMs prior to redline on 2nd gear), I would consistently be able to upshift at around the 7k mark without bouncing off the redline.

A really big benefit gained from this tune is the ability to stay in gear much longer which helped tremendously when I was able to stay in 2nd gear at speeds close to 70 mph when I previously had to shift to 3rd gear at 60ish mph. I really regret not recording a video of my runs because the IS350 was screaming through the course and the combination of the F-Sport Exhaust and the ECU Tune turned the car into an acoustic masterpiece. The amount of compliments on how great the car sounded were endless.

Here are a few shots of my car representing Team Lexus at the event.

Thats great to hear! Thanks for sharing Redspencer!!

I swear, everytime you post about how much you like the tune, the more I regret holding off until there is more improvement.
Old 04-21-16, 04:11 AM
strikeraj
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you plan on having dealer in Canada to sell your tune?
I'm asking because I need the car for work and don't want to go without one
Old 04-21-16, 11:14 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Can someone PLEASE post an acceleration video of the IS350 with the tune? Im dying to know how it performs compared to what I have now.

Redspencer, since you seem very fond of your tune you think you can help me (and im sure others) out?
Old 04-22-16, 06:41 AM
redspencer
OG Member

Originally Posted by Tro209
Can someone PLEASE post an acceleration video of the IS350 with the tune? Im dying to know how it performs compared to what I have now.

Redspencer, since you seem very fond of your tune you think you can help me (and im sure others) out?
I tried recording an acceleration run back when I was training my ECU with the new tune but I found it tough to keep my phone steady while watching when to initiate my shifts as well as avoiding getting tossed in jail for driving like a hooligan. Lol.
Old 04-22-16, 08:39 AM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by redspencer
I tried recording an acceleration run back when I was training my ECU with the new tune but I found it tough to keep my phone steady while watching when to initiate my shifts as well as avoiding getting tossed in jail for driving like a hooligan. Lol.
Lol understandable, but if you ever get the chance I would love to see the tune in action Maybe someone else could record for you?

Quick Reply: New Product RR Racing ECU Tune