CL Vendor Products for 2IS New product details, group buys and more, specifically for 2IS models from CL Vendors

New Product RR Racing ECU Tune

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-16, 06:41 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts

Ok, so here are the final dyno numbers from todays session. Again big thanks to Icy350 for loaning us his IS350 for a week!

We would still like to get a hold of another local IS350 to tune, please PM us! We are looking for a stock car, or PPE header car (or someone interested in doing an PPE install plus tune).

So to summarize the tune so far:

(1) Customers can expect a 10-15whp, and 10-15wtq increase. We can also set any desired rev limit. Our 2 standard options will be 7000 and 7200rpm.

(2) It is obvious to us, especially road testing the car that the IS350 benefits from a higher rev limit. Looking at the dyno curves below, it is clear that the power does not drop off all the way to the revised 7000 rev limit! That means more area under the curve, and better acceleration. As you make the gear changes, the car feels much more in its power band.

(3) We will soon update our ordering information. We can tune either by mail, or in 2 weeks we will be ready to send customers an OBD module that would not require sending in the ECU (cost will be about $250 extra for this option). Our recommendation is that the most reliable way to flash the ECU, without any risk, is to simply send it to us. We realize its a potential inconvenience, so that's why we are offering the OBD option as well.

(4) We are a stocking PPE dealer, so if anyone is interested in any PPE parts to complement the tune, please PM us and we will put together a package price.

The dyno results below are from a 2006 IS350, with K&N intake and Megan exhaust. We are quite certain that a stock intake would perform better, and the Megan exhaust is certainly not as good as the true dual options out there.

.... and now I go to sleep!

-Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Last edited by RRRacing; 02-16-16 at 07:34 PM.
Old 02-16-16, 07:29 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RRRacing
Ok, so here are the final dyno numbers from todays session. Again big thanks to Icy350 for loaning us his IS350 for a week!

We would still like to get a hold of another local IS350 to tune, please PM us!

So to summarize the tune so far:

(1) Customers can expect a 10-15whp, and 10-15wtq increase. We can also set any desired rev limit. Our 2 standard options will be 7000 and 7200rpm.

(2) It is obvious to us, especially road testing the car that the IS350 benefits from a higher rev limit. Looking at the dyno curves below, it is clear that the power does not drop off all the way to the revised 7000 rev limit! That means more area under the curve, and better acceleration. As you make the gear changes, the car feels much more in its power band.

(3) We will soon update our ordering information. We can tune either by mail, or in 2 weeks we will be ready to send customers an OBD module that would not require sending in the ECU (cost will be about $250 extra for this option). Our recommendation is that the most reliable way to flash the ECU, without any risk, is to simply send it to us. We realize its a potential inconvenience, so that's why we are offering the OBD option as well.

(4) We are a stocking PPE dealer, so if anyone is interested in any PPE parts to complement the tune, please PM us and we will put together a package price.

The dyno results below are from a 2006 IS350, with K&N intake and Megan exhaust. We are quite certain that a stock intake would perform better, and the Megan exhaust is certainly not as good as the true dual options out there.

.... and now I go to sleep!

-Rafi
Great work guys! Looking forward to ordering the tune. Quick question for you guys regarding the rev limit option..

If i choose to go with 7200 Rpm rev limit would I make more horsepower than if I went with a 7000 rpm rev limit? Also is it safe to run the engine to 7200 rpm or higher?? I would love to have our engines screaming all the way to a 7500 rpm redline line the vq35hr engine in a 350z but if it risks hurting our engines then I'll just stick to the 7k tune. Thanks
Old 02-16-16, 07:31 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 667 Likes on 589 Posts

Lets get this PPE header and tune package deal going!!

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 02-16-16, 07:33 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Tro209
Great work guys! Looking forward to ordering the tune. Quick question for you guys regarding the rev limit option..

If i choose to go with 7200 Rpm rev limit would I make more horsepower than if I went with a 7000 rpm rev limit? Also is it safe to run the engine to 7200 rpm or higher?? I would love to have our engines screaming all the way to a 7500 rpm redline line the vq35hr engine in a 350z but if it risks hurting our engines then I'll just stick to the 7k tune. Thanks

You know, its a tough call for us to make. I am sure Toyota designs very robust engines, and 7000 should be very reliable. But its hard to say at what point you may develop issues down the road. So for now, we recommend sticking to 7000 or 7200 max.

Rafi

Old 02-16-16, 08:00 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

You know, its a tough call for us to make. I am sure Toyota designs very robust engines, and 7000 should be very reliable. But its hard to say at what point you may develop issues down the road. So for now, we recommend sticking to 7000 or 7200 max.

Rafi
Hmm I see.. Well that's understandable since this is all new for us as a whole and no one has any experience with this yet. I guess I'll just have to stick to your 7k then just to play it safe but if I feel adventurous I may go 7200 lol. Although I doubt that since my car does have 120k+ miles already and wouldn't wanna have it break on me.

Either way thanks again guys , looking forward to my 7k revving 2GR-FSE
Old 02-17-16, 08:30 AM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Icy350
Got some final numbers.

My base line was 265, after tune I was pushing 279.
End results - +14whp and +14 torque

The pull from 60-110 is really noticeable.

They will be posting the dyno sheets later today.

Very impressed with the tune
You should write up a little review for the tune once you've had it for a while. Should be helpful for everyone on the fence on whether the tune is worth it or not. All eyes are on you Icy350
Old 02-18-16, 05:18 AM
DickH
Intermediate

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

Results look nice, got to love how the power holds from 6-7k without a sign of dropping. How conservative is the tune, how much do you think is left behind still? Were there any changes made that might improve normal day to day driving?

We would still like to get a hold of another local IS350 to tune, please PM us! We are looking for a stock car, or PPE header car (or someone interested in doing an PPE install plus tune).

Also, I'm wondering what your opinions are on gutting the primary cats on the is350? It seems to work well on the is-f as as cheap (Free?) alternative to headers. If its not too much to ask for, could you test out gutting stock manifolds before installing headers if you find a volunteer willing to let you borrow their car for a ppe header install + tune?
Old 02-18-16, 06:00 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by DickH
Results look nice, got to love how the power holds from 6-7k without a sign of dropping. How conservative is the tune, how much do you think is left behind still? Were there any changes made that might improve normal day to day driving?

Also, I'm wondering what your opinions are on gutting the primary cats on the is350? It seems to work well on the is-f as as cheap (Free?) alternative to headers. If its not too much to ask for, could you test out gutting stock manifolds before installing headers if you find a volunteer willing to let you borrow their car for a ppe header install + tune?

On pump gas, this is really the max that can be done.

Rafi

Last edited by RRRacing; 01-04-21 at 02:08 PM.
Old 02-18-16, 06:08 AM
badx33
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Wao this is great thank you guys for taking on the challenge of making this possible. I look forward to getting my ecu tuned and see what gains can be made with my headlight air inlet, headers and single exhaust...

Last edited by badx33; 02-18-16 at 06:17 AM.
Old 02-18-16, 06:14 PM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

Wish I was in the area, I have a PPE header and stock exhaust setup on my DD. It's just itching for some additional revs and MORE POWER!
Old 02-19-16, 05:03 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Gville350
Wish I was in the area, I have a PPE header and stock exhaust setup on my DD. It's just itching for some additional revs and MORE POWER!
We will have ordering info up later today, and special Clublexus discount code.

You can send us your ECU for re-programming, or wait 2 weeks and we can send you our OBD programming module (cost for that will be about $250 higher than send in the ECU).

Rafi

Old 02-19-16, 11:53 AM
DaXxJaPxX
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thank god its tax season. PPE headers, HF cats, with a custom x-piped exhaust and short ram intake. PM pricing por favor?
Old 02-19-16, 01:02 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by DaXxJaPxX
thank god its tax season. PPE headers, HF cats, with a custom x-piped exhaust and short ram intake. PM pricing por favor?

We will have special pricing for PPE/Tune combos, I will post up a link soon.

Rafi

Last edited by RRRacing; 02-19-16 at 01:09 PM.
Old 02-19-16, 04:35 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

We are ready to take orders, link below:

Special discount code for $100 off intro is "IAMTUNED"

http://www.rr-racing.com/RR-Racing-L...s350tne001.htm

Old 02-20-16, 02:46 PM
redspencer
OG Member

Received 529 Likes on 314 Posts

We are ready to take orders, link below:

Special discount code for $100 off intro is "IAMTUNED"

http://www.rr-racing.com/RR-Racing-L...s350tne001.htm
Rafi,

Are you able to extend the introductory discount price until after the RR Racing ECU Tune 2.0 is available? I'm interested in making the purchase now but from reading the 2IS ECU Tuning Question Thread, it sounds like the current tune only allows for the 7,000 RPM rev limit to be enabled only when in manual mode though you have plans to revise the tune for the rev limit increase to be enabled when in automatic mode:

The higher 7000 rev limiter works in manual paddle shift mode only, for now.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...ml#post9370193

As a FYI, the Lotus Evora S, which utilizes the Toyota Camry 2GR-FE motor along with a supercharger, is able to sustain a maximum transient engine speed of 7,200 RPM when in sport mode due to Lotus' ECU tuning. The stock internals of the 2GR motor are unaltered. Maybe that will help to add confidence with the 2GR motor.

We are definitely up for tuning the tranny. This would be a good opportunity for you guys to chime in and let us know what type of tranny changes you are looking for.
If you're able to tune the transmission to better emulate the behavior of the 8-speed transmission of the IS-F, that would be great. Understandably, the shift response time may not be as fast as the IS-F but we are all hoping to have the transmission maintain the selected gear when in manual mode rather than having the transmission downshift or upshift on its own accord. To use the Lotus Evora again as an example, it utilizes a factory 6-speed automatic transmission from the Toyota Camry as an option and with Lotus' tuning, they were able to tune the auto transmission to allow the driver to shift gears manually. I only know all this because I'm currently in the market for an Evora S.

Quick Reply: New Product RR Racing ECU Tune