CL Vendor Products for 2IS New product details, group buys and more, specifically for 2IS models from CL Vendors

New Service Lexus IS Custom ECU Tuning!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-16, 10:14 AM
AZ JB
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Subbed.

Will this tune ultimately come with software or the ability to connect to the ODB port and play with settings to customize to our own cars and driving styles, etc..?
Old 02-05-16, 10:38 AM
TTFS
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AZ JB
Subbed.

Will this tune ultimately come with software or the ability to connect to the ODB port and play with settings to customize to our own cars and driving styles, etc..?
Cable/tool that you connect to your obd port and use to load tunes we created. Not sure on if you will be able to customize yourself yet.
Old 02-05-16, 11:00 AM
AZ JB
Advanced

Originally Posted by TTFS
Cable/tool that you connect to your obd port and use to load tunes we created. Not sure on if you will be able to customize yourself yet.
Thanks. Hopefully there will be a way for us to be able to change parts of the tunes once purchased from you since we all live in different places, run different gas, have different mods, etc..

Will this tune also alter timing?
Old 02-05-16, 12:21 PM
TTFS
Former Sponsor

Thanks. Hopefully there will be a way for us to be able to change parts of the tunes once purchased from you since we all live in different places, run different gas, have different mods, etc..

Will this tune also alter timing?
All our tunes are custom. We make them based off your modifications and the fuel you run. Yes timing can be modified.
Old 02-05-16, 12:23 PM
TTFS
Former Sponsor

We just completed another ISF. Please see post #35:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-...ml#post9353786
Old 02-05-16, 06:27 PM
TTFS
Former Sponsor

Website updated with IS250 and IS350 tunes
Old 02-06-16, 10:39 AM
AZ JB
Advanced

TTFS, would you mind joining in on the discussion that I am starting in the Performance section of these sub-forums? I know a lot of people are going to want to ask detailed questions regarding the tune (including myself) and I think it would be good to have a single thread available to answer those questions by the vendors. This makes it easier on us as members to find answers in one place instead of reading through multiple threads to get answers.

Last edited by AZ JB; 02-06-16 at 02:01 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 02-06-16, 01:29 PM
TTFS
Former Sponsor

TTFS, would you mind joining in on the discussion that I am starting in the Performance section of these sub-forums? I know a lot of people are going to wait to ask detailed questions regarding the tune (including myself) and I think it would be good to have a single thread available to answer those questions by the vendors. This makes it easier on us as members to find answers in one place instead of reading through multiple threads to get answers.
Please provide link thank you
Old 02-06-16, 02:07 PM
AZ JB
Advanced

Please provide link thank you
Of course, thank you.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...s-answers.html

I'm hoping this will help members with finding answers to specific ECU tuning questions without having to peruse multiple threads in multiple forums. Hopefully this works
Old 02-07-16, 09:37 AM
TTFS
Former Sponsor

Of course, thank you.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...s-answers.html

I'm hoping this will help members with finding answers to specific ECU tuning questions without having to peruse multiple threads in multiple forums. Hopefully this works
Responded
Old 02-09-16, 08:55 AM
TTFS
Former Sponsor

After monitoring and researching this platform for a little while now we feel we should address some items.

First of all in a platform where there aren't many tuning options available you should do your research before you decide to have your vehicle tuned or your ECU shipped out. Your ECU is the brains of your vehicle and you just don't want to put it in anyone's hands. Now a days anyone with a laptop can claim to be tuner. Do your research on the company and tuner. Do they only know how to tune one model or two? or can they tune everything from a lawn mower to a exotic super car? Do they posses all the tools and dyno to perform their job? or do they have to rent equipment to complete the job? Do they do the tuning themselves or do they contract the work out? This is something I would look into first.

Second we have read a lot about data logging. Let us make this clear there is absolutely no reason why you would need to data log a stock car on a stock tune, none what so ever. We already know what the stock tune on the stock ECU does. The ONLY reason why anyone would data log a stock car on a stock tune is if they were trying to figure/find out the maps. Without much information out there we feel like the community may be just blindly following what they are hearing and seeing. Again, do your research on tuning in general and how the process works.

Also we have heard a few times that these cars need to be road tested and not put on the dyno. Let's clear somethings up with that. When you have a proper load bearing dyno in a climate controlled environment that simulates real world conditions you do not need to road test and data log. You can do that on the dyno. We really hope no one would send there car to a company so they could data log and test their cars on the street. This is not safe and very risky. Someone could get hurt and your vehicle could get damaged if not worse. This brings me to my next point, what kind of insurance/guarantee does the company have if they damage your ECU or vehicle?

At TTFS we do tuning, that's our main business function. That's what Frank Smith has been doing going on 30 years now. Frank has tuned everything from ATV's to 6 figure exotic cars. He has tuned thousands of vehicles and is very well know and respected in the tuning community. Frank does all the tuning by himself and has all the tools and state of the art dyno all in one place his shop, TTFS.

We are always seeking new advancements and innovations to bring to the community. We have a lot of planned for this platform and will be coming out with solutions which will change the way tuning is being performed currently. We have already successfully tuned multiple ISF's, IS250, and IS350. We have much more ahead including the RCF.

TTFS is very active within the community. We urge you to come visit our shop and follow our progress on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and our website. We hold multiple dyno days and roll racing events through out the year. We are holding our first even Friday July 8 at Pocono Raceway, please check out mpacteast.com for more information. We would like to see a strong Lexus presence there and for you to come meet us and chat with us. We created this thread for those of you haven't heard of us please check it out:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-...-is-tuner.html

Here are some pictures:

Enclosed dyno room with monitor, ventilation, sound proofing, and windows so customers can view inside

Old 02-09-16, 09:37 AM
St4nc3
Lead Lap

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Awesome wrote up bro, love the shops Dyno enclosed environment. Very sexy. Just waiting go get my full exhaust and headers on my car. Then to proceed to ECU and Tranny tunning
Old 02-10-16, 07:06 AM
TTFS
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by St4nc3
Awesome wrote up bro, love the shops Dyno enclosed environment. Very sexy. Just waiting go get my full exhaust and headers on my car. Then to proceed to ECU and Tranny tunning
Thank you, sounds good
Old 02-10-16, 07:22 AM
St4nc3
Lead Lap

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Thank you, sounds good
You guys also tackle advance cam timing VVTi. As far as move it to where it'll kick in a lot sooner like that of the honda/Acura's Vtech.?
Old 02-10-16, 07:48 AM
TTFS
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by St4nc3
You guys also tackle advance cam timing VVTi. As far as move it to where it'll kick in a lot sooner like that of the honda/Acura's Vtech.?
Yes cam timing is one of the parameters we touch on.

Quick Reply: New Service Lexus IS Custom ECU Tuning!