CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Carson Toyota says Lexus owners not welcome!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-16, 12:36 PM
10lexISR6
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Carson Toyota says Lexus owners not welcome!

Just installed a brand new DCTMS steering wheel in my girlfriends 2015 Lexus RC350. After install it wasnt sitting perfectly vertical. Came to the conclusion that the teeth in the center of the new steering wheel were not in line to the steering stem. Called DCTMS and was advised an alignment will fix this no problem. Closest dealership to my girls house is Carson Toyota. Btw, south bay lexus service dept in Torrance can suck an egg and will never get our business as well again, i still need to post that horrible experience.

Well, where do I begin. Date Aug 30th, 2016. I call a week ahead and ask for a quote for a front 2 wheel alignment. Advise them I need my steering wheel straightened out. Lady quotes me $79. I Advise her my car is a 2015 Lexus RC and asks her to confirm if they can even do my car. She puts me on hold, checks and promptly returns and advises yes, they can. She was very kind and courteous. Fast forward to Monday Aug 29th, call to reschedule my appointment to Tuesday, instead of Wednesday and no problem. Set for 11:30AM. Arrive at service dept, zero cars ahead of me. Pull up to front of service line and ask a female service advisor farthest down to the right what am I to do? She advises just wait for someone to come help me. I guess she's too busy. Stand there for approximately 15 minutes waiting. In the meantime 6 other vehicles arrive behind us. No one around. Right about when I arrived, a "roach coach" pulls up near the entrance of the service line and the employees flock it. One young man is the only one running around helping people and comes to our aid. His name is Tim Collins. Very nice young man. We go to the computer and he sees that the price we were quoted was incorrect. They cannot perform a 2 wheel, only a 4 wheel and that would cost $99. Relates the phone people are not allowed to make quotes over the phone for such reasons. Not my fault. I ask that he honor it and he relates he'll give me 10% off which brings it to $89 and sets it up. I didn't really agree at this point, but whatever not going to argue I guess, although I'm not wrong here. Anyhow. I related to him I brought my car in because I replaced the steering wheel and now it's slightly off center and was told a front wheel alignment would correct it. He didn't say no, so I assumed that was correct.

Several hours later came back to pickup our car. Drive off the lot and the problem we brought it in for is not fixed. Bring it back and speak to the service manager and he's very kind and apologetic and has a tech immediately pull the car back in to assess the problem. About 30 minutes later the tech drives up stating it's good to go and accompanies me on a test drive. It's not fixed. I show him and he insists it's corrected to the factory specifications. I'm sure it is, but it didn't fix the problem that I brought it in for, and specified prior to the start of labor. Ask to speak to service manager again but the previous gentlemen I spoke to, I think name Sam, had left for the day. So my service writer went to get another man, gentleman would be the understatement of the century, by the name of Richard Perez, who claimed to be a service manager as well.

I explain the situation we had starting with the misquote I received over the phone. He has the audacity to tell me it was my fault for asking for a front end alignment for a car that would need a 4 wheel. Really? Like I'm suppose to know a 4 wheel is required for something I understood was only being affecting the front two steering wheels. Now the debate starts. **** is standing between myself and Tim and is interrogating this poor young man to see if he had said or done something wrong, to place blame on him or myself. I explain to **** that the problem I brought my car in for was not fixed and now I have to take my car elsewhere, most likely Lexus and pay twice as much as they charge to get the problem corrected. That's on top of the $90 already spent here. I related I understood a service was performed but the fact they cannot fix what I brought my car in for is not my fault and it would only be fair to refund my money so I may go elsewhere and spend more to fix it. **** relates to me, it's partially my fault for requesting an alignment and therefore he will refund part of my money. That's not acceptable still for me so I continue my debate.

My girlfriend asks to speak with someone else, preferably above him and he insists there is no one else. She asks to have the corporate office number and he relates that will do no good because the car isn't a Toyota. Since when is Lexus and Toyota Motor corporation different companies? I'm sorry but it's not like I brought a Toyota to a Lexus dealer, but vice versa its still a Toyota but the premium brand, but of course im sure he knows this, because he knows everything. Ultimately **** folds and tells Tim to give me all my money back and scolds him, in front of my girlfriend and I mind you, and states, "You are not allowed to take in another car for an alignment". "In fact, we are not taking another Lexus at this dealership again", and walks away. Wow! I've never seen such unprofessional service in my entire life. As he's walking away, Tim asks him how does he process the refund. **** exclaims from the door, "figure it out"! as he walks into his office or wherever he was going.

That was the last straw. I had a talk with Tim and explained to him this is not his fault and the way **** treated him, especially in front of customers was completely unprofessional and uncalled for. He should not have to take such public humiliation as he did. Tim actually tells me that its okay and he is used to it. What!? Thats bull $#!+. I sincerely hope someone with some authority at this dealership takes the time to read this and takes the appropriate actions for ****, and if Tim is going to be reprimanded according to ****, that be stopped immediately! Furthermore I'm a very active member of the Club Lexus social media forum group with thousand of followers just in southern California alone, and will spread the word for **** that Carson Toyota will no longer be accepting any Lexus vehicle for servicing. Your wish is our command. Needless to say, any of my three Lexus vehicles or any other branded vehicles that I do own, will ever roll onto this property for let alone a brochure or an air freshener from their parts department.

Last edited by 10lexISR6; 09-01-16 at 06:25 PM.
Old 09-01-16, 12:47 PM
10lexISR6
Instructor

Just to clarify everything but the first few sentences were copied off a Google maps review I posted earlier today that's why the disclaimer at the bottom. Everywhere it shows **** was not an explicite word but the shortened version or nickname for Richard and that's why it shows that. I've also posted to Yelp as well as my GF. She's already been replied to by the customer service manager stating, "you failed to mention Richard provided you a full refund for the inconvenience" "we were happy to provide that to you as a good will gesture". Bull crap. We got our money back in the end and if there was no negativity on part of Richard I'd have no reason to bash this place, but this is completely warranted.
Old 09-01-16, 04:47 PM
Keo
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It was so hard reading this 1 page paragraph. Could u break it down a little. I understand your frustrated. So i did read through and understand that you was inform for only 2 wheel alignments? From my perspective. Isn't all alignment should be all 4 wheels regardless. My steering wheel was a bit off before and just went to a private shop. They finish less than 30min and my steering wheel was on point. I would never go to Stealerships for services.Unless u know it has papers warrants.

I've been to Carson Toyota once for JoeZ intake and thinking of future purchase of a Race Joe Z exhaust. Not much experience with the actually inside departments. Sorry to hear that unpleasant experience you had. If they refused to serve us Lexus owners. Then it's pretty much their LOSS. right ?
Old 09-01-16, 06:42 PM
10lexISR6
Instructor

Originally Posted by Keo
It was so hard reading this 1 page paragraph. Could u break it down a little. I understand your frustrated. So i did read through and understand that you was inform for only 2 wheel alignments? From my perspective. Isn't all alignment should be all 4 wheels regardless. My steering wheel was a bit off before and just went to a private shop. They finish less than 30min and my steering wheel was on point. I would never go to Stealerships for services.Unless u know it has papers warrants.

I've been to Carson Toyota once for JoeZ intake and thinking of future purchase of a Race Joe Z exhaust. Not much experience with the actually inside departments. Sorry to hear that unpleasant experience you had. If they refused to serve us Lexus owners. Then it's pretty much their LOSS. right ?
Thanks for taking the time to read it. I understand it was difficult to read, I copied it straight off a review I posted on Google Maps and because of space limitations, I had to cram all that I had to say, and boy I had plenty! I made it more appealing to the eyes. The fact of the matter I inquired about a 2 wheel alignment though is irrelevant at this point. Regardless I was incorrect, that is not my job as I am not the professional, but a patron. I don't mind paying for the correct job, but the job was not done correctly as to what I specified I needed. To tell you the truth, I went to Toyota because a major brand should have more expertise and security that my car wont be messed up while in their hands. I cannot trust just anyone these days from doing the right thing the first time.

Case in point, after we dropped off her RC, we drove my IS to a well known shop on here for a new set of tires. Got a great deal and I came prepared because I needed to take the old tires with me. The front desk guy asked me what I wanted to do with the old tires, I told him take them with me and i had brought large garbage bags to put them in. After some time, tells me my car is done and hands me my keys. go out to my car and find all 4 of my tires in the back seat, without being covered with the bags i brought. The bags i told them where they were at were untouched. They did put down small pieces of cardboard on the seat bottoms and seat backs, but it didn't cover all the surface and i got tire shine and road grime on my front seat backs and junction produce neck pillows and back pillows. not happy..... where has customer service gone? Take your time and do it right. Think of your customers car as if it were your own..... geez.....

I would love to know where you took your car to to correct her steering wheel placement. This post is just a heads up to everyone that the service manager has a distaste for us "Lexus" owners and voiced it to us that none of our cars will be accepted there any longer. I know he doesn't have that kind of control, but he should watch his mouth.
Old 09-02-16, 09:36 AM
GR6RR
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

oooh... them bold letters... hard on the eyes trying to read... carson, I'll stay away...
Old 09-02-16, 10:19 PM
vipXjunky
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I actually had a problem with them also lol it was long ago about a part. I wasnt sure who the person i talked to was but i went there after calling to check in on a part that i ordered. Over the phone, they said it was definitely there..once i got there, they said it wasnt there...i thought it was a joke until i explained to them that i had called before going there. His response "damn, you got trolled" i was like....the ffffffkkkkck????
Old 09-02-16, 11:31 PM
10lexISR6
Instructor

Originally Posted by vipXjunky
I actually had a problem with them also lol it was long ago about a part. I wasnt sure who the person i talked to was but i went there after calling to check in on a part that i ordered. Over the phone, they said it was definitely there..once i got there, they said it wasnt there...i thought it was a joke until i explained to them that i had called before going there. His response "damn, you got trolled" i was like....the ffffffkkkkck????
Wow, that's garbage. I actually had a decent experience buying a pair of on clearance Tom's side skirts there for dirt cheap and JP neck pillows for $25. Just this service dept thing is really grinding my gears....
Old 09-03-16, 11:36 AM
FiveSeven
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by vipXjunky
no way... I've been waiting for my JDM double din kit for about 2 months now.. :P am I being trolled too?
Old 09-04-16, 12:10 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

This is a bit unfortunate to read, and certainly must've been even more difficult to experience.

It just goes to show that not all dealers and service departments are equal. I'm fine with not being able to take my Lexus to a Toyota service department for any service work, though presumably our vehicles should be allowed, but the outright disrespect that was shown clearly indicates that this particular service department will be scrutinized heavily now. Bad Yelp reviews, social media blasts, and an overall poor customer satisfaction should be enough to catch the eyes on the corporate level.

Service lost, customers potentially lost from having to deal with such rude behavior, and not providing adequate service...it all means to go and search for that trusted independent shop. Yes, they can't do everything, but the majority of work can be done outside of the dealer. And for an alignment, there are many other businesses that can and will provide the level of satisfaction you're seeking.
Old 09-04-16, 07:36 PM
10lexISR6
Instructor

Originally Posted by bnizzle87
This is a bit unfortunate to read, and certainly must've been even more difficult to experience.

It just goes to show that not all dealers and service departments are equal. I'm fine with not being able to take my Lexus to a Toyota service department for any service work, though presumably our vehicles should be allowed, but the outright disrespect that was shown clearly indicates that this particular service department will be scrutinized heavily now. Bad Yelp reviews, social media blasts, and an overall poor customer satisfaction should be enough to catch the eyes on the corporate level.

Service lost, customers potentially lost from having to deal with such rude behavior, and not providing adequate service...it all means to go and search for that trusted independent shop. Yes, they can't do everything, but the majority of work can be done outside of the dealer. And for an alignment, there are many other businesses that can and will provide the level of satisfaction you're seeking.
Exactly my point brother. Just giving me my money back should have been good customer service and made me a happy RETURN customer for another day. Instead the manager wanted to act like a horses @$$ and banish all Lexus vehicles from coming back to his service depth again. That's his loss then, but I'll be more than happy to spread the word for him and ensure they do not receive our business. You should see the customer relations managers response to both mine and my girlfriends reviews on yelp. The punk had the audacity to say, "You failed to mention in your review, Richard provided you a full refund for your inconvenience. We were happy to provide that you as a good will gesture." Suck it Mike!