CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

909/951 Meet?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-16, 02:46 PM
Gymie
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

BUMP
Old 04-18-16, 06:48 PM
Baziz714
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Probably another 3-4 of us if yall down to do it in the Corona area
Old 04-18-16, 07:42 PM
Gymie
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Baziz714
Probably another 3-4 of us if yall down to do it in the Corona area
I want to see the outcome of the roll call and see from there.
Old 04-19-16, 12:17 PM
Miqueaseli
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Corona is niiiiccceee lol I work around center of it .
Old 04-19-16, 05:02 PM
KJH
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 21 Posts

Corona works for me as well. That said, I'm into driving so distance within reason is not too concerning to me. Meet location and not having to drive in the dreaded SoCali bumper-to-bumper is more important to me.

Having organized many events in the Supra world, I will tell you that it is difficult to get commitments without establishing a location and date first. There will always be those who can't come for one reason or another on a particular day, but you will never get anything done if you wait around for consensus.

Ken.
Old 04-19-16, 05:19 PM
Baziz714
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KJH
Corona works for me as well. That said, I'm into driving so distance within reason is not too concerning to me. Meet location and not having to drive in the dreaded SoCali bumper-to-bumper is more important to me.

Having organized many events in the Supra world, I will tell you that it is difficult to get commitments without establishing a location and date first. There will always be those who can't come for one reason or another on a particular day, but you will never get anything done if you wait around for consensus.

Ken.
Set it up Ken. Hopefully in the OC so more people from Riverside and LA can come. Make a thread and post it on the 3IS forums thats more active.
Old 04-19-16, 06:55 PM
Miqueaseli
Intermediate

Corona or canyon crest area in Riverside . IE meet lol , there's a lot of IE members and let's do it .
Old 04-19-16, 07:01 PM
KJH
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Baziz714
Set it up Ken. Hopefully in the OC so more people from Riverside and LA can come. Make a thread and post it on the 3IS forums thats more active.
Not my deal. I was only offering unsolicited advice to the OP, as a potential meet participant, so he can get to first base with this IE meet idea.

Ken.
Old 04-20-16, 01:43 AM
UniSlayEX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm in. I used to go to the old 909 meets back in the day.
Old 04-20-16, 04:18 PM
smt6
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm still in
Old 04-20-16, 10:30 PM
Gymie
Pole Position

Originally Posted by KJH
Not my deal. I was only offering unsolicited advice to the OP, as a potential meet participant, so he can get to first base with this IE meet idea.

Ken.
Sorry guys, haven't been responding..

Ken, thanks for the input! If you're willing to help, you're more welcome too!

I just need to find a location that is reasonable for everyone. I have a couple of spots in mind but I don't think its fair for anyone coming from Riverside...

The spots I have in mind are Kendall Plaza in North San Bernardino (2999 Kendall Dr, San Bernardino, CA 92407) or (5244 University Pkwy # B, San Bernardino, CA 92407).

Don't worry, its only a suggestion.
Old 04-20-16, 11:04 PM
KJH
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Gymie
Sorry guys, haven't been responding..

Ken, thanks for the input! If you're willing to help, you're more welcome too!

I just need to find a location that is reasonable for everyone. I have a couple of spots in mind but I don't think its fair for anyone coming from Riverside...

The spots I have in mind are Kendall Plaza in North San Bernardino (2999 Kendall Dr, San Bernardino, CA 92407) or (5244 University Pkwy # B, San Bernardino, CA 92407).

Don't worry, its only a suggestion.
I've got my hands full in the Supra community, so not looking to do the same in the Lexus community.

As to your recommended sites being "unfair" to some people, I guess I don't know what to say. If driving from Riverside to Cal State is too much for a guy, I wouldn't spend too much time trying to convince him otherwise. I'm not trying to sound harsh but, from my perspective, driving our cars is what it's all about and, if a good meet, is involved, all the better. My recommendation is you pick a site and date so folks can make their decisions about attending sooner rather than later. This will help you know what you're dealing with and whether an IE meet is worth the time and effort you will have to put into it.

This past Sunday, we had the Southern California Spring Supra meet in Wildomar (some of you may have to look this up): http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...-s-have-a-meet! The meet location was 50-miles from my house and 113-miles from the home of my driving partner who drove to my house from Barstow. In addition, we had Supra owners drive out from Las Vegas and Arizona. We had over 60 cars in attendance and everybody had a great time. Done correctly, much of the enjoyment in attending a meet like this is the drive to and from. Saddle up.....

Ken.
Old 04-21-16, 01:06 PM
UniSlayEX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes. Driving is the best part. As the organizer, I would look at what I consider the IE and the center point would be where the meet would be. I've seen it successful in Rosemead and Rancho.

Just my input from a couple years back...
Old 04-21-16, 02:16 PM
Miqueaseli
Intermediate

Gymie looks like you in the big bad San Berdoo . Obviously San bernardino probably far for some, centralized would be Rancho for the IE . If you want some OC folks to attend Corona by the Lowe's parking lot on El Camino and Magnolia street. That's a huge business complex tons of parking . Like Ken said driving is the fun part or we can do Wildomar like the one the Supra guys just did too.
Old 04-22-16, 12:15 PM
Gymie
Pole Position

I just thought of something that might suits everyone.

Day Meet on a Sunday at Hunter Park in Riverside. (1401 Iowa Ave
Riverside, CA 92507)

Time: 3pm-7pm?

Near the 60 and 91 freeway. Those freeways can be accessible for people coming from Ont/Rancho, San Bernardino, Corona, & Moreno Valley.

What you guys think?!

Quick Reply: 909/951 Meet?