CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Lexus Westminster part service ...very bad....

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-16, 09:35 PM
trinhchau
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was told by part rep that Lexus Westminster is going to match the price from other Lexus dealer. so I got the quote of brake components from Carlson (Toyota,Lexus) Dealer and bring to Westminster Lexus but the Part Manger was not happy when he saw that list(the price is to low) compared to Carlson Lexus. and he said that Dealer is unauthorized Lexus Dealer. And tell me that I am lied on that list price.and didn't want to match the price( even I told him if he cannot match the price and let me know so I can order from Carlson).and make fun of me in front of other customer.And they known that I am their loyal customer for last 6 years, with my three lexus cars as service maintenance.!
Old 03-28-16, 09:41 PM
trinhchau
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That true, the service at Lexus Westminster was great.only the part manager is not friendly with customer, especially like me and other Asian.
Old 03-29-16, 09:23 AM
rijc99
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm asian and haven't had issues there. Don't be so quick to play the racism card.

My understanding of the situation is you are asking Westminster to price match a quote from a non Lexus dealer. They said they couldn't match the price. At this point you should ask them what is the best price they can give you. If it isn't to your satisfaction then perhaps exercise your option to buy from Carson Toyota.

Last edited by rijc99; 03-29-16 at 10:05 AM.
Old 03-29-16, 11:03 AM
brianlin87
Resident JDM Snob

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by trinhchau
I was told by part rep that Lexus Westminster is going to match the price from other Lexus dealer. so I got the quote of brake components from Carlson (Toyota,Lexus) Dealer and bring to Westminster Lexus but the Part Manger was not happy when he saw that list(the price is to low) compared to Carlson Lexus. and he said that Dealer is unauthorized Lexus Dealer. And tell me that I am lied on that list price.and didn't want to match the price( even I told him if he cannot match the price and let me know so I can order from Carlson).and make fun of me in front of other customer.And they known that I am their loyal customer for last 6 years, with my three lexus cars as service maintenance.!
If you're upset that Lexus Westminster wouldn't match Lexus/Toyota Carson, can't you just purchase from Lexus/Toyota Carson?

Based on what I'm reading it sounds like you wanted them to price match, but if you didn't get what you want, it isn't "racism" and it's just as big of a jump to say that because of this their Parts Service Department at this Dealership is "very bad".....just seems too big of an umbrella statement IMO.

Last edited by brianlin87; 03-29-16 at 11:20 AM.
Old 03-29-16, 11:23 AM
lexo98
Racer

Received 265 Likes on 227 Posts

I could be wrong but I think they ship parts to CARSON Toyota. Maybe that's why he was bothered with being under sold.
Old 03-29-16, 11:28 AM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

I hit up the various dealers on their price matching as well. Some do and some don't though most will make a reasonable offer. Carson prices are often substantially lower and they are not a direct Lexus dealer so they can choose to not price match. If the total parts list is significant enough, the drive over to Carson is worthwhile. When I was looking for a replacement seat belt, Carson's price was ~$80 less than others. That was worth the drive.
Old 03-29-16, 07:34 PM
gemini1
FNM President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by trinhchau

Did you give him the quote verbally or by a invoice form Carson?
Are you being cheap?
I'm asian never had any problems.
Describe the parts mgr? Was he older gentleman, bald and have a beard or?
Old 03-29-16, 08:04 PM
rijc99
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Carson is not a Lexus dealer. And even if they are there is always discretion to opt not to price match if the price is too low.
Old 03-29-16, 09:44 PM
jkhang714
Lead Lap

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Im asian and get all my parts from westminster parts dept. not once they gave me bad service. The dude who usually helps me is the hispanic dude, late 30's to 40's. Very helpful, bery polite man. I cant speak for the others cuz everytime im there's same dude always there.
Old 03-31-16, 02:43 PM
masboy
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

so let me get this straight, you got a quote Carlson (Toyota,Lexus) dealer AND went to Westminster Lexus dealer to price match ? why ? why don't u just buy from Carlson ?

You've been a loyal customer for 6 years, obviously you were happy w/ their service maintenance, so why let the bad experience buying "price-match-on-parts" ruin your experience w/ their "car service" ?

Stay cool my friend, no need to get crazy over this.