IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

squeaking in back when in sport. plus mode

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-15, 12:27 PM
Gmoney350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default squeaking in back when in sport. plus mode

I am feeling disappointed just came out of a lemon law suit with a kia optima I bought two years ago. I figured we'll I should buy a better brand this time which my brother recommended cause I was going to buy another Infiniti I always had good things with those cars. But the last 2 nights I have been hearing a squeaking noise in my rear end of my brand new IS 350 F Sport. Only in sport plus mode. I was driving home from work at 2 am and driving through a canyon road cause I want to see how this car does as soon as the road got a little bumpy I was hearing a squeaking noise come out of the rear of the car. Then I get home and I hear it going over my speed bumps in my complex of my condos. So I think we'll that's odd. I take it out of sport plus mode and back to eco and drive around the complex again and it goes away. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Remind you I have 484 miles on the car.
Old 08-04-15, 03:15 PM
elevenb
Driver School Candidate

May, or may not be related, but I had a squeaking noise coming from the drivers' side window (when it was rolled up) right behind my ear. The sound would appear any time I drove on a rough road, or over a bump. When I pushed on the weather-stripping between the window and the B-pillar, the sound would stop.

I finally took it to the dealership about a week ago, and they said it was the weather stripping rubbing against the tint on the window. Apparently it's not an uncommon issue(?). They lubricated the weather stripping, and the sound went away.
Old 08-05-15, 01:53 AM
Gmoney350
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the reply. My seems to be a different issue. It sounds like it's coming from my shocks in the back it's only happening when the weather cools off and I am in sport plus mode not eco Mode. If I am in eco Mode it goes away. I think it has something to do with the suspension getting stiffer in sport mode. And then the weather cooling off.
Old 08-05-15, 05:18 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 227 Likes on 170 Posts
Default squeaking in back when in sport. plus mode

Originally Posted by Gmoney350
Thanks for the reply. My seems to be a different issue. It sounds like it's coming from my shocks in the back it's only happening when the weather cools off and I am in sport plus mode not eco Mode. If I am in eco Mode it goes away. I think it has something to do with the suspension getting stiffer in sport mode. And then the weather cooling off.
Go to the dealer. Lexus and Kia are no way comparable for service. They will fix it.