CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Shady transaction from a SoCal'er (craigslist)

Old 04-10-15, 03:22 PM
yoitskenn
Lead Lap

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Shady transaction from a SoCal'er (craigslist)

Whats going on guys. Im from the bay but figured I'll post here since you guys have to share SoCal with this Timothy Pasillas guy.

I found Timothy Pasillas (demwheelstho) on craigslist. I was inquiring about a wheel he had. Unfortunately he sold it but he said he found a similar set over in Japan. I told him the specs I wanted and he gave me a price. I SPECIFICALLY asked him multiple times if they will clear BBk (also if they were R-disk) as i have a 99 LS. He assured me multiple times that they would fit. Also described the wheels as great condition with minor scratches. I can deal with minor scratches.....No problem. He said that "his partner" in Japan will be shipping them to me. so I paypal'ed him

Shipping.....Delayed a week due to lack of paperwork coming from Japan. Also it was poorly packaged by 1 piece of cardboard and thin layer of bubble wrap. That was the least of my problems

When I got the wheels, I immediately noticed that the wheel specs were SCRAPED off. Freshly scraped off. All wheels have minor scratches except for 1 wheel which was curbed 80%. I immediately called him and he offers to pay to have it fixed.

I go to test fit them on the car and of course......they dont fit. I checked the back of the wheel and it is an A-disk. The wheels wont clear my brakes. I called him and sent him a pictures and he continues to say it is a high disk. I had to send him the pic of the wheel showing the A disk and he says "well Works website says that A disk will fit Celsior and Supra. its not my fault that you have a ""special"" car" At this point im pissed. I bought these wheels primarily because he said they were high disk and will clear BBK. I was starting to think he bought these from some random guy and just had them ship to me because if he had a partner in Japan, wouldnt he double check the condition and the disk.

A day goes by without any response from this Timothy character. So i file a claim with paypal, which he obviosly denies. He then calls me at 11pm and text me "I will give you 10 minutes to call me back" WTF. Am i supposed to be on a timer with this guy. WTF is going to happen after 10 mins???? LOL. this guy is hilarioius.

The following day i call and speak to him. He tells me he didnt respond to me because he was upset that I "questioned his partner in Japan". He tells me hes a full time dad and doesnt have time for this. I simply tell him to make the situation right and reimburse me for false advertising his product. And he tells me that everything is SOLD as IS and no refunds and he isnt going to give me jack. I snapped and he hangs up before I get to give him my opinion.

After doing research online about this guy....He has burned multiple buyers and even screwed over business partners. I should have done my homework before i purchased from him but....oh well.

At least the wheels arent bent or cracked. At least i got my item........some people loss their money with no item from this guy.
Old 04-11-15, 12:08 PM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I've heard a lot of horror stories about Craig's List transactions. Sorry to hear that a fellow CL'er got ripped off.
Old 04-11-15, 02:00 PM
yoitskenn
Lead Lap

yeah....this guy sells a lot of wheels in So Cal so i just wanna put it out there. just approach with caution.

timothy pasillas from demwheelstho
Old 04-12-15, 06:59 AM
xanderES
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I knew this sounded familiar. This is a thread from way back in 2007. Looks like nothings changed with this guy scamming people.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-...scammed-3.html
Old 04-12-15, 04:50 PM
yoitskenn
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by xanderES
I knew this sounded familiar. This is a thread from way back in 2007. Looks like nothings changed with this guy scamming people.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-...scammed-3.html
I'm kicking myself in the *** for not doing my research before the transaction. I googled his name and phone number and a whole bunch of thread on different forums pop up with all kinds of stories with this guy.
Old 04-13-15, 12:37 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How the hell can he continue scamming people in multiple years???
Old 04-13-15, 04:44 PM
allgoodman
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the heads up. I've heard tons of stories like that and it reminds me to always do research before purchasing from anyone off of CL.

Sorry you had to go through that.
Old 04-16-15, 07:26 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Thanks for getting the word out. I personally wouldn't buy wheels without seeing them in person since they're high-priced items.
Old 11-13-15, 07:10 AM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Thats Craigslist....These things happen when you go for the cheapest source.

Youre here on ClubLexus. Why not support the vendors that make this platform available to you?

Buy a set of spacers with the money u saved.