CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Leasing new lexus car limitation on upgrading parts or accesories

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-15, 02:45 PM
Brandnewme
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leasing new lexus car limitation on upgrading parts or accesories

I just Leased a new Lexus IS 350 and just wondering what are the limitation on upgrading my car like putting tint or front lip or something like that. Iam just curious what i can do or cant do on a new lease car thank you guys!

Last edited by Brandnewme; 03-02-15 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Add some more info
Old 03-02-15, 04:10 PM
timmy0tool

Received 415 Likes on 370 Posts

it all depends on what you plan to do with the car AFTER the lease. most folks do NOT keep the car when the lease is up so adding things to it is short lived. i would never heavily modify a leased vehicle unless money isn't an issue. if you plan on buying the car after the lease, then mod away!

putting things like tint is irreversible in getting your money back while you can always remove the front lip and sell after the lease is up. keep in mind doing heavy mods could also affect your lease when you return, as you may be fined.
Old 03-10-15, 08:43 PM
Turkish
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Brandnewme
I just Leased a new Lexus IS 350 and just wondering what are the limitation on upgrading my car like putting tint or front lip or something like that. Iam just curious what i can do or cant do on a new lease car thank you guys!
Coming from experience...I help do the Lexus Certified Pre Owned paperwork at our dealership.

Basically anything but tint is a no no, with the exception of maybe getting some Lexus Performance Parts, ( IE. FSport Intake) and getting them installed by your dealer.

I am an advisor and I know for a fact that any type of performance modification will usually void your warranty. Lexus corporate always asks us to inspect and make sure OE equipment is installed on your vehicle, if not...warranty claim usually denied. As far as body...again, don't touch it. When you turn in your lease and they do the final inspection they purposefully look for any type of body modifications or evidence of previous mods. In order for the to sell a Lexus as CPO it can not be modified so come turn in time they will hit you for that.

Hope this helps buddy.
Old 03-14-15, 11:27 AM
Brandnewme
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Turkish
Coming from experience...I help do the Lexus Certified Pre Owned paperwork at our dealership.

Basically anything but tint is a no no, with the exception of maybe getting some Lexus Performance Parts, ( IE. FSport Intake) and getting them installed by your dealer.

I am an advisor and I know for a fact that any type of performance modification will usually void your warranty. Lexus corporate always asks us to inspect and make sure OE equipment is installed on your vehicle, if not...warranty claim usually denied. As far as body...again, don't touch it. When you turn in your lease and they do the final inspection they purposefully look for any type of body modifications or evidence of previous mods. In order for the to sell a Lexus as CPO it can not be modified so come turn in time they will hit you for that.

Hope this helps buddy.
This is really helpful thank you! how about putting a license plate relocator through tow hook on my front bumper? Would that void my warranty? I just dont like to drill a hole on my spindle grill.