CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Cars and Coffee Irvine has been ordered to shut down.

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-14, 08:42 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Cars and Coffee Irvine has been ordered to shut down.

News Link

Cars and Coffee Irvine is a ritual amongst Southern California car enthusiasts. This event that attracts exotic and unique car owners, car clubs and manufacturers from around the globe to show off their goods is practically a California car culture institution.

Cars and Coffee Irvine came to be in October of 2006 and has been growing strong since. The meet was an evolution of a gathering of car enthusiasts getting together at crystal cove in Orange County California.

Rumor has it that there were noise complaints from the owners of a hotel and apartments that are under construction next door. The organizers of C&C Irvine have been asking car owners to “keep their revs low” this entire year and there has been as consistent police presence outside the event to discourage burnouts. These measures did not stop the occasional showboater who thought it would be cool to light up his tires. To make matters worse, the crowd that stands by the exits, eggs drivers on when they do not see the police.

The event is held in a lot that is adjacent to office buildings occupied by Taco Bell, Mazda, and Ford. There is speculation that the Irvine Company, which owns the nearby residential construction project is behind the complaints of noise.

At this time there is no official word if the organizers have a new venue for Cars and Coffee Irvine 2015 but some folks think that it may move to the nearby decommissioned El Toro Marine Corps Air Station.
Old 12-15-14, 12:31 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

honestly i think cc has gone down quite a bit in quality over the years anyway
Old 12-16-14, 12:49 AM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't even bother going there anymore.. theres better meets for exotic cars out there (if you know about about them)
Old 12-16-14, 08:41 AM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Years ago, I saw a statement from the organizers saying if your car is a daily driver, they don't want it shown at C&C. I kept my GS out of the show even though it is very clean and heavily modded, only to walk in and see primer gray Nissan 240s lowered on flat black stock wheels, bone box stock Corvettes, stock Challengers, and stock, rough S2000s. There were always some great cars, but the quantity of beaters and bone stock cars made it no longer worthwhile to get up so early on a Saturday.
Old 12-16-14, 10:21 AM
IntegresS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've lived in SoCal my whole life and to this day I've never been to a C&C. Similar to what link13 said, I heard my kind of cars were not allowed in the lot (Lexus), so I never made the effort to go to a place where I wouldn't be considered good enough for the crowd haha
Old 12-16-14, 10:40 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by IntegresS
I've lived in SoCal my whole life and to this day I've never been to a C&C. Similar to what link13 said, I heard my kind of cars were not allowed in the lot (Lexus), so I never made the effort to go to a place where I wouldn't be considered good enough for the crowd haha
haha take an LFA and you can get in, that's what i did

but seriously, the parking lot is very limited and it's always meant to be for vintage and exotic cars, and maybe with new / rare cars. to me that's the nature of that meet. not saying anyone's cars are not nice but when we get too much of a mix it sort of devalues the original meaning of the meet.

to be fair, when say m3 or m5 were first released, they were in the lot. and rcf prototypes made it there too couple months back. and same with LFA, the organizers actually saved a spot for the car. but would i want to see bunch of m3 and m5 there now? no. heck, honestly, i don't even care to see too many nsx there.
Old 12-17-14, 02:59 PM
redalert
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

most of the time is all the same cars over and over again, once awhile you get a new one
Old 12-17-14, 03:28 PM
timerbob
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I shall miss it.
Old 12-17-14, 04:54 PM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

Rumor has it that there were noise complaints from the owners of a hotel and apartments that are under construction next door.
So construction noises don't bother anyone ???
Old 12-18-14, 11:16 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

C&C has gone downhill within the last years. Still a fun meet though! Sad to see it go.
Old 12-23-14, 03:46 PM
1KhpWrx
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The old people who volunteer for Ford really have no idea what is cool or uncool. They want old men with coupes coming in. I have personally seen a right hand drive rolls Royce be turned away for being a sedan. Having a show that appeals to the masses with a larger lot is much needed. Rich guys bring their wives who have no preconceived notion of what is in style and make great remarks like after their husband walks passed a widebody show car and says "look at this POS" the wife replies with "Hunny, if you had a car like this I'd actually have sex with you."
Old 12-23-14, 08:54 PM
tea
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

yea... haven't been to this since they were at their old location at Crystal Cove