CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Newport Lexus - lost ipod

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-14, 08:41 PM
xmike714x
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newport Lexus - lost ipod

Had my car serviced in for my alternator. I usually go to the Westminster one and never take out my ipod.

Since this was my first time at Newport, I didn't really think twice about it. I grabbed all my other valuables but that. Well come pick up my car today and its missing. Called my service adviser and just left a message.

Any you guys know if its not there responsibility for lost items? Sucks that this ipod has sentimental value to me as well.

UPDATE below on post #10

Last edited by xmike714x; 12-13-14 at 04:27 PM. Reason: update
Old 12-06-14, 02:52 AM
YogiFTLC
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

any word on this? that sucks bad. Id take it w/ the GM.
Old 12-06-14, 03:25 AM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

whyd you make a post before the dealership can respond? thats just a bad review and puts negativity in the minds of people who would take their cars there.

my friend works in the service dept and would never take something like that and jeopardize his job, im sure he would say the same of his coworkers.
Old 12-06-14, 01:00 PM
xmike714x
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ISFpat
whyd you make a post before the dealership can respond? thats just a bad review and puts negativity in the minds of people who would take their cars there.

my friend works in the service dept and would never take something like that and jeopardize his job, im sure he would say the same of his coworkers.
who said this was a negative post. im just telling my story and it has not been resolved yet. My main question was who is responsible for lost items.

I will follow up and keep everyone posted.
Old 12-06-14, 11:59 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

why post a story that isn't resolved? its along the same lines as when the media reports about an accused rapist.. he might be innocent until proven guilty but in the eyes of the reader, he already looks like a rapist/bad person.

I don't get the whole point of posting this thread, is it your personal blog? Why didn't you just wait until you knew who or where it went? Or are you just using this forum to vent..
Old 12-09-14, 03:02 PM
Rudiculous
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFpat
why post a story that isn't resolved? its along the same lines as when the media reports about an accused rapist.. he might be innocent until proven guilty but in the eyes of the reader, he already looks like a rapist/bad person. I don't get the whole point of posting this thread, is it your personal blog? Why didn't you just wait until you knew who or where it went? Or are you just using this forum to vent..
In my opinion, you are way too defensive and too emotionally attached to Newport because your friend works there. People post about new car parts or car accidents before installed or repaired all the time.

As for the INITIAL question asked, I am pretty sure they will have a sign posted somewhere saying that they are not responsible for lost items. Although, I did have my license plate frame stolen from my Subaru during repairs and they replaced it right away. But, $200-300 > $40-50

Good luck and keep us posted!
Old 12-09-14, 03:10 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

I am not, its just pointless to post a story without resolving first. Jumping the gun too much?
Old 12-09-14, 07:50 PM
xmike714x
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Rudiculous
In my opinion, you are way too defensive and too emotionally attached to Newport because your friend works there. People post about new car parts or car accidents before installed or repaired all the time.

As for the INITIAL question asked, I am pretty sure they will have a sign posted somewhere saying that they are not responsible for lost items. Although, I did have my license plate frame stolen from my Subaru during repairs and they replaced it right away. But, $200-300 > $40-50

Good luck and keep us posted!
THANK YOU for understanding my INITIAL question.

I also have a friend that works there at Newport Lexus and told him about the incident. He was shocked too and just told me to hit up the service adviser and the GM. My service adviser hit me up today and he is looking into this matter.
Old 12-11-14, 09:45 PM
Initial G
Lexus Champion

Thanks for the update. Hope the ipod is found and the issue gets resolved ASAP.

I recently moved into the area from the Bay Area and was considering Newport Lexus if I needed any major service or recalls done. I might have to reconsider my options.
Old 12-13-14, 04:27 PM
xmike714x
Pole Position

UPDATE:

they offered me a free $260 service there, but doubt I will use it. They said that when you drop off your car, they are not held responsible to lost items. I get that, but what if you have aftermarket rims, or subwoofers, etc.? We should be taking those out too if we don't want to lose it since they are not going to be held responsible?

I emailed the GM hoping he can look into this matter little bit more.
Old 12-14-14, 07:45 PM
Rudiculous
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by xmike714x
UPDATE: they offered me a free $260 service there, but doubt I will use it. They said that when you drop off your car, they are not held responsible to lost items. I get that, but what if you have aftermarket rims, or subwoofers, etc.? We should be taking those out too if we don't want to lose it since they are not going to be held responsible? I emailed the GM hoping he can look into this matter little bit more.
We all figured as much.

I'd gladly take the free service off your hands
Old 12-27-14, 07:50 PM
xmike714x
Pole Position

update: After speaking with the service director, he was able to order me a new ipod touch and it is coming in the mail as we speak. I am glad everything has been squared away. it just a lesson learned that to make sure you take out all valuables when going into service.