CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

THANK YOU PLATINUM VIP - Best shop in Socal, period.

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-14, 03:19 PM
epikeddie
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default THANK YOU PLATINUM VIP - Best shop in Socal, period.

So I've been having a nightmare of a time with my accident case. My car about a month ago was hit while I was waiting at a red light. My whole rear quarter panel, trunk, rear bumper, tire, and wheel needed to be repaired.

Now, the problem is that I didn't initially contact my own insurance company thinking it's not my fault so they're all liable for my charges.

Well it turns out the other party was insured by Infinity Auto Insurance - the worst insurance company with horrific consumer report ratings and numerous complaints all over the internet.

Well, they kept delaying approving my vehicle's repairs all while running up the rental car fees which they refused to deal with directly so I had to fork over $1200+ of my own money to cover the rental car fees until they reimburse me. Oh and what's worse is that now that I sent over that bill, they're only agreeing to pay 30% of that bill saying the Platinum VIP should have been able to finish the job quickly and within 10 days.

Mind you, this is the same insurance company that declared on the estimate that they would pay for "Like New Quality" parts so finding a vintage 2000 Lexus GS3000 rear quarter panel might not be as readily available and that took time for parts to get to Platinum VIP.

So in essence, all of the delays were due to the stupid insurance policies and now they're denying payment to someone that had absolutely no fault in the accident.

All in all, Kennedy went really out of his way to rush my car repair and on top wrestle with one of the worst insurance company and adjusters I've ever dealt with in my life. I know Kennedy works on some amazing vehicles and has plenty of trophies to show for it. But most importantly.......

I'll be a lifelong Platinum VIP customer simply because he helped me out in the hardest, most frustrating times. I can't wait to be back at the shop to get a whole mess of other things done to the GS.

Thank you again Platinum VIP!!!
Old 06-02-14, 04:04 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow, good to hear that the final outcome is good and both you and your car is in good shape now.

Last edited by FSportIS; 06-05-14 at 03:31 PM.
Old 06-02-14, 05:53 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

Gad this worked out. We need to see some pics now.
Old 06-03-14, 10:13 AM
epikeddie
Rookie

I should have it nice and detailed this weekend.....time to show off the GS now!
Old 06-05-14, 01:56 PM
NSGxLEX
Intermediate

I love Platinum VIP. My car is getting some work done there as we speak. Should be done soon. Kennedy is the man!
Old 06-05-14, 03:31 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

They have great quality but i heard they are a bit expensive? How is the pricing you guys get?
Old 06-07-14, 09:02 PM
600rr05
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive been going to Platinum VIP for several years now and must say prob will only have ken work on my car. always top notch work.
Old 06-11-14, 11:26 AM
epikeddie
Rookie

Originally Posted by FSportIS
They have great quality but i heard they are a bit expensive? How is the pricing you guys get?
They're definitely not the cheapest on the block. But I always envisioned in my head that VIP styling is not cheap!

With that in mind, you can just go check out Kennedy's shop and see the whole host of trophies and magazines on the wall showing you why he's one of the godfathers of the VIP styling scene here in Cali!

I was there for insurance work, but I'm already saving some coin for the Phantom cup kits......that's how much they've proven to me that they're one of the best shops around.
Old 06-11-14, 03:52 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

No doubts about their quality, they are one of the best around and of course paying for some premium can be worth it. I'm simply asking to see what pricing members on here get from them.
Old 06-12-14, 07:06 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

on a slightly off-topic note...

Originally Posted by epikeddie
Well it turns out the other party was insured by Infinity Auto Insurance - the worst insurance company with horrific consumer report ratings and numerous complaints all over the internet.
quoted for truth.

/OT
Old 06-14-14, 11:38 AM
SoCal Cyco
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by FSportIS
haha before I even got to this quote I was going to say....incredible work, NOT CHEAP. but when you want it done right you are going to pay, no if ands or buts about it.
Old 06-16-14, 05:57 PM
NSGxLEX
Intermediate

Platinum in action.
Old 06-30-14, 09:55 PM
pilotd
Driver

Default Thanks Platinum VIP!!!!

Just wanted thanks the guys at Platinum Vip for taking care of my parents ride! Mom's Is250 was side swiped on the drivers side rear door a few weeks back and Kennedy and the gang over there did an amazing job, parents were sooooo stoked when they picked up the car! These guys were great dealing with all the insurance BS...and called them every step of the way to let them know the progress of the car! the paint job was smoother then factory! So I would highly recommend these guys any day! Thanks again Platinum Vip
Old 06-30-14, 11:17 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

Merging similar threads for Platinum VIP. They've done a lot for many CL members rides so this is a merged thread to relay your thanks and appreciation.
Old 07-01-14, 02:34 PM
pilotd
Driver

Originally Posted by RA40
Merging similar threads for Platinum VIP. They've done a lot for many CL members rides so this is a merged thread to relay your thanks and appreciation.
cool deal thanks

Quick Reply: THANK YOU PLATINUM VIP - Best shop in Socal, period.