Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Local Chapters and Regional Forums > CL of Southern California
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

THANK YOU PLATINUM VIP - Best shop in Socal, period.

Old 06-02-14, 04:19 PM   #16
epikeddie
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)

Default THANK YOU PLATINUM VIP - Best shop in Socal, period.

So I've been having a nightmare of a time with my accident case. My car about a month ago was hit while I was waiting at a red light. My whole rear quarter panel, trunk, rear bumper, tire, and wheel needed to be repaired.

Now, the problem is that I didn't initially contact my own insurance company thinking it's not my fault so they're all liable for my charges.

Well it turns out the other party was insured by Infinity Auto Insurance - the worst insurance company with horrific consumer report ratings and numerous complaints all over the internet.

Well, they kept delaying approving my vehicle's repairs all while running up the rental car fees which they refused to deal with directly so I had to fork over $1200+ of my own money to cover the rental car fees until they reimburse me. Oh and what's worse is that now that I sent over that bill, they're only agreeing to pay 30% of that bill saying the Platinum VIP should have been able to finish the job quickly and within 10 days.

Mind you, this is the same insurance company that declared on the estimate that they would pay for "Like New Quality" parts so finding a vintage 2000 Lexus GS3000 rear quarter panel might not be as readily available and that took time for parts to get to Platinum VIP.

So in essence, all of the delays were due to the stupid insurance policies and now they're denying payment to someone that had absolutely no fault in the accident.

All in all, Kennedy went really out of his way to rush my car repair and on top wrestle with one of the worst insurance company and adjusters I've ever dealt with in my life. I know Kennedy works on some amazing vehicles and has plenty of trophies to show for it. But most importantly.......

I'll be a lifelong Platinum VIP customer simply because he helped me out in the hardest, most frustrating times. I can't wait to be back at the shop to get a whole mess of other things done to the GS.

Thank you again Platinum VIP!!!
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
epikeddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-14, 05:04 PM   #17
FSportIS
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (7)

Wow, good to hear that the final outcome is good and both you and your car is in good shape now.
2012 IS250 FSport Package & Nav: FSport Exhaust & Intake & Rear Sway Bar, Eibach Springs, TSW Nurburgring Wheels, 3M Clear Bra, Blue Brake Calipers, Molded MyRide Diffuser, 8000k HID all around, Blue Interior LEDs, JL Audio, Opticoat Entire Car.

2006 IS350 Luxury Package & Nav & Mark Levinson : FSport Springs & Shocks & Rear Sway Bar, M2 exhaust, Yellow Brake Calipers, MyRide Diffuser, 3000k HID Fog, Opticoat Entire Car.

Last edited by FSportIS; 06-05-14 at 04:31 PM..
FSportIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-14, 06:53 PM   #18
RA40
Trader Score: (6)

Gad this worked out. We need to see some pics now.

Mike
RA40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-14, 11:13 AM   #19
epikeddie
Rookie

I should have it nice and detailed this weekend.....time to show off the GS now!
Old 06-05-14, 02:56 PM   #20
NSGxLEX
Pole Position
Trader Score: (2)

bryan_85

I love Platinum VIP. My car is getting some work done there as we speak. Should be done soon. Kennedy is the man!
NSGxLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-14, 04:31 PM   #21
FSportIS
Lexus Test Driver

They have great quality but i heard they are a bit expensive? How is the pricing you guys get?
2012 IS250 FSport Package & Nav: FSport Exhaust & Intake & Rear Sway Bar, Eibach Springs, TSW Nurburgring Wheels, 3M Clear Bra, Blue Brake Calipers, Molded MyRide Diffuser, 8000k HID all around, Blue Interior LEDs, JL Audio, Opticoat Entire Car.

2006 IS350 Luxury Package & Nav & Mark Levinson : FSport Springs & Shocks & Rear Sway Bar, M2 exhaust, Yellow Brake Calipers, MyRide Diffuser, 3000k HID Fog, Opticoat Entire Car.
Old 06-07-14, 10:02 PM   #22
600rr05
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (9)

cbr600rr05 Rick_is250

ive been going to Platinum VIP for several years now and must say prob will only have ken work on my car. always top notch work.
Current Mods: 06 IS250 RWD Crystal White | 2012 Headlights / 6k Fogs | Tint | VERTEX Front & Sides, GFX Rear Lip | JDM Visors | V-LED HID White Puddle Light | Sewell LED Interior Lighting Kit | USDM IS-F Tail Light | Vinyl Black Roof | BC Coilovers | Oem.thing Roof Spoiler | LED Signal Mirrors | Platinum VIP Cup Kit | Platinum VIP Series I Wheels | Wald Rep Trunk Spoiler | AP2 Tips |

http://www.aemintakes.com/news/news.aspx?id=4591
600rr05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-14, 12:26 PM   #23
epikeddie
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSportIS View Post
They have great quality but i heard they are a bit expensive? How is the pricing you guys get?
They're definitely not the cheapest on the block. But I always envisioned in my head that VIP styling is not cheap!

With that in mind, you can just go check out Kennedy's shop and see the whole host of trophies and magazines on the wall showing you why he's one of the godfathers of the VIP styling scene here in Cali!

I was there for insurance work, but I'm already saving some coin for the Phantom cup kits......that's how much they've proven to me that they're one of the best shops around.
Old 06-11-14, 04:52 PM   #24
FSportIS
Lexus Test Driver

No doubts about their quality, they are one of the best around and of course paying for some premium can be worth it. I'm simply asking to see what pricing members on here get from them.

Old 06-12-14, 08:06 AM   #25
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (54)

on a slightly off-topic note...

Quote:
Originally Posted by epikeddie View Post
Well it turns out the other party was insured by Infinity Auto Insurance - the worst insurance company with horrific consumer report ratings and numerous complaints all over the internet.
quoted for truth.

/OT

your interpretation is not my problem / illegitimus non carborundum.
projectdna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-14, 12:38 PM   #26
SoCal Cyco
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSportIS View Post
haha before I even got to this quote I was going to say....incredible work, NOT CHEAP. but when you want it done right you are going to pay, no if ands or buts about it.
SoCal Cyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-14, 06:57 PM   #27
NSGxLEX
Pole Position
Trader Score: (2)

bryan_85

Platinum in action.
NSGxLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-14, 10:55 PM   #28
pilotd
Driver
Trader Score: (3)

Default Thanks Platinum VIP!!!!

Just wanted thanks the guys at Platinum Vip for taking care of my parents ride! Mom's Is250 was side swiped on the drivers side rear door a few weeks back and Kennedy and the gang over there did an amazing job, parents were sooooo stoked when they picked up the car! These guys were great dealing with all the insurance BS...and called them every step of the way to let them know the progress of the car! the paint job was smoother then factory! So I would highly recommend these guys any day! Thanks again Platinum Vip
pilotd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-14, 12:17 AM   #29
RA40
Trader Score: (6)

Merging similar threads for Platinum VIP. They've done a lot for many CL members rides so this is a merged thread to relay your thanks and appreciation.

Mike
RA40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-14, 03:34 PM   #30
pilotd
Driver
Trader Score: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RA40 View Post
Merging similar threads for Platinum VIP. They've done a lot for many CL members rides so this is a merged thread to relay your thanks and appreciation.
cool deal thanks
pilotd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-14, 03:34 PM