CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Tint ticket

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-14, 09:52 PM
aTeAse
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tint ticket

Just got a tint ticket... I can't get into lasuperiorcourt to pay for the fine.

Can anyone shed some light?
Old 02-10-14, 10:06 PM
sc4jms
Driver

what was the tix for? too dark or front window or what...
Old 02-10-14, 10:14 PM
GSdarksol
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got a fix it ticket recently for tint as well. You can't just pay the fine, you have to get it corrected ( from my experience ) You will have to take off the tint ( Assuming just the front ), get law enforcement to sign off on it, then bring proof to court and pay $25 bucks.

But in the past I got a ref ticket ( even worse then a fix-it-ticket), I was able to just pay the fine. Hefty fine = $550+
Old 02-10-14, 11:42 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

It should read on the ticket whether it's correctable or not. Tint tickets usually are. Get it removed, head down to your local PD or CHP office and have an officer inspect and sign off on it (along with an administrative fee), and you should be good to go. If it isn't entered in the system by the time of your court appearance date, the clerk at the court will sign off stating that you were present and honored your commitment to show up- and you won't have to pay the court fee as a result. Hopefully it's still $25, but I did read in an article that all infractions were going up in cost- not surprising given the state's needing to generate more revenue.

Sucks to have to deal with something as menial as a tint ticket, but CA is one of those stickler states that nitpicks on the dumbest of things. This and the front plate rule bugs the crap out of me. The ticket won't be entered in the system right away, but you definitely need to take care of removing the tint for a cop to sign off on it first. Just get it done and move forward.
Old 02-11-14, 09:39 AM
davensd
Rookie

wait for notification in the mail before mailing anything out. The information behind the tickets are old and it direct you to a court that you're not expecting. You don't actually need to go into a courtroom. You should be able to pay the fine at the window once they figured out which court they are going to send you to.
Old 02-11-14, 12:36 PM
aTeAse
Lead Lap

The ticket I received is a correctable violation. The ticket just says "Tint 26708(a)(i)vc"

Do I arrive on the court date that was provided by the officer, and pay for the ticket at the time? Or can I pay the fine earlier?
Old 02-11-14, 01:31 PM
600rr05
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by aTeAse
The ticket I received is a correctable violation. The ticket just says "Tint 26708(a)(i)vc"

Do I arrive on the court date that was provided by the officer, and pay for the ticket at the time? Or can I pay the fine earlier?
From what I recall once you get the tint fixed & signed off you should be able to go in and just pay for it
Old 02-11-14, 05:02 PM
taxidrivr
Driver School Candidate

ugh reading this alone makes me weary of cops after getting my car tinted last week.

how dark are your windows that caught their attention?
Old 02-13-14, 12:36 AM
aTeAse
Lead Lap

I was stopped for speeding but he have me a fix it tixket.
Technically it's very easy to tell if you have tint, it's ip to them if they want to give you a ticket for it or not
Old 02-13-14, 08:18 PM
smooth0033
Pole Position

Don't let bad cops mess with your mods! tint with no fear! i have all my windows tinted! even the front windshield has 20%, so you can get privacy on those long drives! I've gotten like 10 tint tix, just remove the tint from the front door windows, get it signed off and head straight to the tint shop to get it back on. EASY!

Old 02-15-14, 03:34 PM
g2bme
Pole Position

Originally Posted by smooth0033
Don't let bad cops mess with your mods! tint with no fear! i have all my windows tinted! even the front windshield has 20%, so you can get privacy on those long drives! I've gotten like 10 tint tix, just remove the tint from the front door windows, get it signed off and head straight to the tint shop to get it back on. EASY!
So on top of the 25 dollar fix it ticket, he's going to pay probably at least 50 to take off he tint and then another maybe at least 50 again to add tint again?

10 tint tickets is a bit excessive, so just on ur windows alone you've dropped at least over 5 to 6 hundred at the least if you're getting it professionally taken off and put back on. Lighten the tint or slow down, cops don't usually pull someone over with tint unless they have a reason to.
Old 02-15-14, 04:14 PM
smooth0033
Pole Position

haha, Good point g2bme, when you break it down, sounds horrible, but it's not that bad. I usually take it off myself and i get it put back on for like $40 for both windows. The ticket is usually like $10 or $15, maybe it's $25 now, don't really know, the lil lady takes care of mailing the checks.

I don't think all cops are unjust, just the unjust ones. Example: Driving westbound, a cop passed me going eastbound , bout 8 at night, POURING rain, going average speed, road was pretty isolated due to the bad weather conditions. He made a quick U-turn pulled me over, as you can imagine i was quite irritated and i let the officer now in as many words (some elevated tones and some foul language) that two officers in a cruiser should not be pulling over a car for tinted windows, it is waste of time for both them and myself. There response was "just cause you have a cool car, doesn't mean you don't have to obey the laws", so they pulled me over cause i had a "cool" car... ha ha. There have been at least 4 more occasions where the only infraction on my ticket is tinted windows. But When they pull me over on the freeway and put both my life and their lives at risk at the chance of being hit by another motorists who may not be paying attention (we've all seen the videos), that's where it gets a bit excessive. This is not a bash against cops. I have friends in law enforcement, active & retired, but come to think of it most of those guys are jerks too, haha. Man it felt good to share that, tint tickets are stupid!! I know its a safety issue for officers but when you have that hot sun beating down on you in leather seats its nice to have some UV protection.
Old 02-15-14, 07:41 PM
Nando559
Driver School Candidate

The wifey recently got a tint ticket which is so stupid. 50% on thr front windows, its clear as day! I live in central California so the cops around here are just hating. I cant understand how 50% tint can hurt anyone I also have the full windshield done in 50% but he didn't notice tint on the windshield. We need to change this tint law in California!
Old 02-20-14, 11:29 AM
9aristo
Pole Position

Option for people who are inclined:

guys, just buy two front glass Windows that are clean and untinted. Swap them in every time you get a ticket, then back out. From a junk yard, it costs as much as the removal and reapplication of tint.

Just keep them in the event you need them again for the next ticket. Hahaha
Old 02-20-14, 01:07 PM
aTeAse
Lead Lap

Alright guys, i haven't had time to even settle my tint ticket!

Quick question:

Posted court date is 5/1/2014.

Does this mean as long as I get it removed and signed off, and pay the fee before that date, then it should be fine?

OR Is there an earlier date before 5/1/2014 that i'm suppose to remove the tint.

Calling the court is an absolute headache!

Quick Reply: Tint ticket