CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Moving to san diego

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-14, 12:34 PM
g2bme
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moving to san diego

Hello fellow CL members. I'll be moving to San Diego shortly and wanted to just get anyone who lives there now what area's I should steer clear of? I'm looking at living in La Mesa and just taking the train to work.

Any thoughts, atmosphere vs LA? Any spot I should be looking out for in regards to Food, hiking, go to activities?
Old 01-23-14, 01:58 PM
aznxenon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Where's work? I lived in SD for 7 years
Old 01-23-14, 03:04 PM
600rr05
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome ive lived in SD all my life what part of La Mesa ? hiking there are a ton of places most common one is Iron mountain aka potato chip rock, cowles mountain. tons of things to do in SD just depends on what you feel like doing..
Old 01-23-14, 03:41 PM
g2bme
Pole Position

Work is around San Diego, I'll be taking the train which I think is called the trolley to DTSD, then commuting here and there.

I was looking at several spots around La Mesa and Lemon Grove, or even between La Mesa and College Area. I'm really concerned about parking and also the neighborhood. I'm coming from LA, where I've lived near Koreatown (about a few miles away, was there when the riots happened) and then also around Hawthorne..which is a little hood but I got along with all my neighbors.

The rent over in SD seems to be anywhere from the low 800's to the high 1600's for a 1 bed 1 bath depending on the area and what's included.

I'm all around LA, anywhere from hiking in the hills, to hanging out at the dive bars. I really liked this one spot I went to called Tipsy Crow. Pretty cool spot...

Is La Mesa a pretty much outskirt of SD, laid back, suburb kinda spot?
Old 01-23-14, 04:34 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

La mesa is pretty chill. An older community with a lot of homes. I haven't heard of any riots there, knock on wood. Depending on where you live, there just may be a lot of college kids since SDSU is a few blocks away.
Old 01-24-14, 12:49 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

just visited downtown san diego, different vibe compared to LA, i like it. it feels more cozy. good luck with the move.

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 01-25-14, 10:26 PM
Lsd400
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up

Have you ever tried a hot cheetos burrito? Or seasoned carne asada fries with tortilla at the bottom? Try Lupes taco shop on 7621 Linda Vista Rd., San Diego, CA, 92111
Old 01-26-14, 02:46 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

If you're into craft beer at all you're going to love SD
Old 01-26-14, 06:13 PM
g2bme
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Lsd400
Have you ever tried a hot cheetos burrito? Or seasoned carne asada fries with tortilla at the bottom? Try Lupes taco shop on 7621 Linda Vista Rd., San Diego, CA, 92111
thanks for the headsup, book marked on yelp to try!

So I'm here guys! Place is semi setup, utilities and what not are a go. I'm technically a San Diego resident lol. I'm still working out of LA, that will change in the next 3 weeks, hopefully.

So far, I like the La Mesa area. Not too bad, everything seems to be very kick back and every things within walking distance or a short 5 minute drive.

The craft beer sounds good, i know there's a lot of micro breweries around here so definitely can't wait to try. Thanks for the headsup guys! Anyone selling any furniture or giving it away? lol
Old 01-26-14, 07:00 PM
Lsd400
Driver School Candidate

Try Craigslists San Diego or Ikea

Last edited by Lsd400; 01-26-14 at 07:01 PM. Reason: offering advice
Old 02-04-14, 09:04 AM
g2bme
Pole Position

I'll be in SD in a few weeks! Anyone have any thoughts about La Mesa, near the Grossmont area?
Old 02-05-14, 08:55 AM
Bdub619
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Welcome to SD! Always good to bring more CL members to our city.
La Mesa is ok, pretty mellow. Just don't head any further East lol. Stay clear of El Cajon, Lemon Grove, Sprung Valley and some areas of National City. I live in Mission Valley and love it. I lived in downtown SD for 12 years and loved it there too. A lot of nightlife, dive bars, craft beer, great food, great beaches, tons of mountains to hike or bike and much more mellow and less pretentious than LA, IMO. Personally I prefer to go to areas like North Park, Pacific Beach, La Jolla and Encinitas.
Join up with Facebook "Club Lexus San Diego" to keep in touch with events, meet ups and more.
Old 02-05-14, 11:01 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love San Diego. Downtown is sick
Old 02-06-14, 11:51 AM
xxtoobsxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

San Diego sucks, there is too much sun. Everyone works out...beer is everywhere. Oh and girls are always half naked around the beach areas. I want to move to denver. haha...jk. There are tons of great places here. I loved living in mission valley. Central to everything. Everyone is chill, grab a board come paddle out then play some beach volleyball, followed by some drinks at the beach! Rough way to live! Oh and 24hr fitness are everywhere if your into working out!
Old 02-06-14, 12:54 PM
g2bme
Pole Position

lol cool responses guys! I'm getting in trouble with the Mrs. since I've been commuting back and forth via train or bus. I want to only drive my car down their ONCE instead of back and forth trips. She thinks I'm crazy for not utilizing my car but I have my reasons.

Anywhoo, I'll be painters taping my front this Friday and heading down. Any trusted mechanics you guys go to for the area? I'm looking at the facebook page for the meets, i think there's a thread on it too as well. At tapioca express and also near the jack in the box?

Quick Reply: Moving to san diego