CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Best dealer when dealing with maintenance and modded car?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-13, 11:12 PM
seanphan
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Best dealer when dealing with maintenance and modded car?

Hello all! I was just wondering for those of you have taken your modded car in for the recommend service (10k, 30k, etc.) Which dealership do you guys have good experiences with / recommend? Any particular dealership that is more mod friendly than others? I have my 30k mile maintenance coming up soon. Thanks for all the help!
Old 12-28-13, 09:21 AM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

I wouldnt recommend any dealership, because they cahrge arm and a leg. However, we have some vendors members here that can direct you to the right direction...try l spec...
Old 12-28-13, 11:49 AM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

Where are you in So. Cal? Plenty of independent shops to consider for maintenance. Just about every dealer and independent has had some issues damaging a car and it isn't just modded cars. It happens even though it should not.

I've had body work (meaning damage) from dealers, independents, stains on carpet... One is to tell the service writer do not wash the car if the dealer has an automated wash. Low profile tires-big wheels don't do well in those track systems.
Old 12-28-13, 12:17 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 667 Likes on 589 Posts

Lexus of Westminster, Pete Pham. they put a paper on your car that says "DRIVE SAFE, LOW CAR"

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 12-28-13, 12:19 PM
LSpec
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My personal car is a full fledged track car, its about 3 inches from the ground measuring from the rails, It also has a full kit.
I can get it in the air without a scratch, also got a customers ISF in the air on coilovers with carbon fiber kit without a scratch.

I am pretty sure I am very MOD friendly shop in So Cal
in fact I prefer to work on modified cars. Otherwise I would still be at Lexus working on grandmas LS460 with 400 miles on it, in for her 3 year service.

Call me or stop by

thanks!
Alex
L-Spec
424-241-2078
Old 12-28-13, 12:23 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by seanphan
Hello all! I was just wondering for those of you have taken your modded car in for the recommend service (10k, 30k, etc.) Which dealership do you guys have good experiences with / recommend? Any particular dealership that is more mod friendly than others? I have my 30k mile maintenance coming up soon. Thanks for all the help!
It will depend on what kind of modifications we're talking about. For bolt-on mods, most dealerships won't fuss. Any modification that is a direct cause for your warranty to be voided will obviously be an issue at a dealership.

I personally recommend Lexus of Westminster if you're in the south LA/north OC area. Ask for Charlie Sarno or Pete Phat.
Old 12-28-13, 01:06 PM
thekhmer
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

i used lexus of westminister last oil change also..would anyone happen to know if they have in ground lifts or drive on lifts? i forgot to ask last time i was there but they didnt have a problem getting the car up lol also they made a note on the car saying not to wash n detail as requested a+ in my book
Old 12-29-13, 12:05 AM
seanphan
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks for all the replies guys! I took it to Westminster last time for a oil change so I'll probably end up there again for my service. Just wanted to see where else people were going I"ll definitely consider going to Lspec in the future.

Btw thekhmer, I believe they have a drive on lift because last time they said they weren't sure if they were able to get my car on the lift but they said it barely cleared lol. Guess if i go to them again I'll have to take off my lip since they could barely get it on before when I didn't have a lip yet.
Old 12-30-13, 01:27 AM
Kitty2IS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RA40
Where are you in So. Cal? Plenty of independent shops to consider for maintenance. Just about every dealer and independent has had some issues damaging a car and it isn't just modded cars. It happens even though it should not.

I've had body work (meaning damage) from dealers, independents, stains on carpet... One is to tell the service writer do not wash the car if the dealer has an automated wash. Low profile tires-big wheels don't do well in those track systems.
has anyone had their lowered cars with aftermarket wheels washed at longo before? i dropped off my car for recall work, and told them not to wash. but a week later when i picked it up it was washed for sure. i did an inspection before i left and saw no damage but now i'm worried..
Old 01-07-14, 08:16 AM
zzang
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Kitty2IS
has anyone had their lowered cars with aftermarket wheels washed at longo before? i dropped off my car for recall work, and told them not to wash. but a week later when i picked it up it was washed for sure. i did an inspection before i left and saw no damage but now i'm worried..

I had my car washed at Longo before. I didn't see any damages or anything. So I think you're good. But if you're into car detailing and stuff, then i'll say, maybe they caused some swirls or something like that.
Old 01-07-14, 11:18 AM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

With bigger wheels and low profile tires, the dealers may have updated their automated machines for clearance. The safe way is to not have the car run through the automated wash and in those instances they will hand wash. With all this, verify what the practice is so that you don't find outthe hard way.

Last edited by RA40; 01-07-14 at 11:20 AM. Reason: re-worded
Old 01-07-14, 08:39 PM
Kitty2IS
Lead Lap

thanks for the tip. just frustrating how i asked for no wash specifically and they washed it anyway