CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

JZ Mechanic OC Area

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-13, 02:24 PM
jintei
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Question JZ Mechanic OC Area

Does anybody know a good mechanic that has a good knowledge of JZ engines with reasonable rate?
Preferably around OC area.
Driftmotion is busy at the moment and FSR is too far from me.
I've been having this "boost leak" issue for 6 weeks now and couldn't find a solution for it.
Thanks for your help.

-David
Old 09-26-13, 03:36 PM
jdmstar69
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Take it to kaizen Motorsports. They specialize in jz motors, especially vvti
Old 09-30-13, 02:56 PM
jintei
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jdmstar69
Take it to kaizen Motorsports. They specialize in jz motors, especially vvti
Sounds good. This is my second choice after Dyno Xtreme since they are also specialized in JZ motors and pretty close to where I live. Thanks for the input.
Old 10-01-13, 12:49 AM
DRELOC
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Vid check your hoses, couplers and vacuum lines make sure they're not loose. Also check your boost controller lines make sure Danny tightened up right if not i'll tell him to fix it for you at your house this time.
Old 10-01-13, 10:12 AM
jintei
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DRELOC
Vid check your hoses, couplers and vacuum lines make sure they're not loose. Also check your boost controller lines make sure Danny tightened up right if not i'll tell him to fix it for you at your house this time.
Andre, it's not that simple, trust me. I have triple checked everything you mentioned above. I believe this is more of a mechanical issue such as wastegate / bov.
Old 10-01-13, 08:56 PM
MotoEvo
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What are your symptoms? Fouled plugs, misfiring, any kind of popping? If you were in San Diego, I'd be willing to take a look and see if I can help.
Old 10-02-13, 03:36 PM
jintei
Lead Lap

boost builds but no power, basically.

Done the following:
- checked and retightened all clamps, couplers, hoses, manual boost controller (tried bypassing it, still the same), etc.
- made a block off plate to replace the stock bov, plugged the recirculator fitting, welded and installed TIAL atmospheric bov (I know my car works better with recirc bov since it is running MAF) but it ran even worse (hard to build boost and compressor surge noise).

So as of now, I put the stock bov back and disconnected the tial bov vacuum line.

Pictures and videos of how the car is currently running can be found here: http://www.jzx100.com/forum/topic/14...#axzz2gbgOI7Eb

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-03-13, 02:21 AM
MotoEvo
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I haven't been able to view the video for some reason, but I looked at the pictures. In the 3rd to last photo, one of the vacuum lines coming off the intake manifold has a split. I think you may want to inspect your vacuum lines for cracks/splits, or replace them if they are old. One them of them may have a pinhole leak. How is the condition of the rubber intake boot after the MAF?
Old 10-04-13, 10:46 AM
jintei
Lead Lap

I know some of you will catch that spliced vac hose. It is not the problem. If you look closely, the split is way up after the fitting end. I figured out the problem yesterday. There has never been a leak. It was my SAFC 2 tuning. Due to recent bigger exhaust change, it threw off the afr completely and I had to make it way leaner.