CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

California fix it ticket

Old 09-26-13, 02:19 AM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
Default California fix it ticket

Pulled out of my house at like 6:30AM this last Saturday and right away noticed a cop at a 3 way stop at the intersection (obviously looking for people running stops to ticket). Proceeded Down the street and he chased after me right away.

Ended up getting a ticket for no front plates.

Question 1. do I have to show up for court after I get this stupid ticket signed off? Im going to take the plates off right after anyways and rather not have to waste half a day of work showing up to court .

Question 2. Can another cop pulling me over have access to check my ticket history and therefore be more likely to give me another one?

Knock on wood! 3 years running strong and this is the first one. He also marked my court date on 11/212013 which is quite a ways from now
Old 09-26-13, 07:13 AM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

1. You don't have to show up in court after your ticket signed off.
2. If you still have your ticket (with in due date), COPS won't give you another ticket for same thing unless you got it signed off. Remember to show him your ticket when you hit - tell him you have no time.

Hope it help!
Old 09-26-13, 08:08 AM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by whitebeast
2. If you still have your ticket (with in due date), COPS won't give you another ticket for same thing unless you got it signed off. Remember to show him your ticket when you hit - tell him you have no time.

Hope it help!
How would I pay the 25 dollar fix it ticket?
Old 09-26-13, 11:23 AM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I got one too not too long ago. I fixed the plate and got the ticket signed off at a CHP office since they don't usually charge you like they often do if you take it to a Sheriffs office. You can usually just mail it in after that with a check for the $25. Or, just go down to the court house before your date, show it to one of the clerks and pay the fine there and confirm the ticket is dismissed.
Old 09-26-13, 12:08 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1sWt2GS
How would I pay the 25 dollar fix it ticket?
Make your trip down to the court (at traffic window) and pay for it. You don't have to be there early just make sure you're there on working time - avoid lunch time as well
Old 09-26-13, 01:35 PM
600rr05
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ what he said. BUT regarding getting pulled over again for the same thing its possible if you look on the back of the ticket I think it grants you 48 hours to have it fixed but 99% of the time the cop wont write a 2nd one.
Old 09-27-13, 04:14 PM
vicsis250
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pulled out of my house at like 6:30AM this last Saturday and right away noticed a cop at a 3 way stop at the intersection (obviously looking for people running stops to ticket). Proceeded Down the street and he chased after me right away.

Ended up getting a ticket for no front plates.

Question 1. do I have to show up for court after I get this stupid ticket signed off? Im going to take the plates off right after anyways and rather not have to waste half a day of work showing up to court .

Question 2. Can another cop pulling me over have access to check my ticket history and therefore be more likely to give me another one?

Knock on wood! 3 years running strong and this is the first one. He also marked my court date on 11/212013 which is quite a ways from now

You just have to get it signed off and pay the fee which I think it might be 130 or so
Old 09-28-13, 10:27 AM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by vicsis250
You just have to get it signed off and pay the fee which I think it might be 130 or so
130?!

i heard the fee is only 25 if you fix it.

im probably gonna drive around for a month or two cause the date on there is fix before november.

so fix it, drive down to court n pay the fee? thanks guys!
Old 09-30-13, 07:23 AM
whitebeast
Pole Position

The fee is only $25/ count (per count not per ticket)
Old 09-30-13, 09:56 AM
KA8
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by whitebeast

Hope it help!
Wrong! They can give you ticket for same violation. Ask me how I know. Got two no plate tickets several years ago within a week. I got another one couple of months ago. Got it signed off and paid $25. I believe it's needs to be a 'correctable violation'. If not then you need to go to court. Don't quote me on this.
Old 09-30-13, 10:38 AM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Originally Posted by KA8
Wrong! They can give you ticket for same violation. Ask me how I know. Got two no plate tickets several years ago within a week. I got another one couple of months ago. Got it signed off and paid $25. I believe it's needs to be a 'correctable violation'. If not then you need to go to court. Don't quote me on this.
Not on my case! Back in the day went i owned TC. I got pull over a lot for tinted window and no front plate but never got double ticket. So I guess it's all depend on COP
Old 09-30-13, 10:42 AM
dorkacho
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

aww sorry to hear are you considering the rho plate then?
Old 10-02-13, 12:43 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

No front plate ticket or tinted window is just hit or miss. My brother driving around town with out them for years and haven't have any problem.
I'm driving with under body kit light at night and my exhaust is kinda loud but haven't have any problem yet
Old 10-02-13, 06:16 PM
vicsis250
Pole Position

130?!

i heard the fee is only 25 if you fix it.

im probably gonna drive around for a month or two cause the date on there is fix before november.

so fix it, drive down to court n pay the fee? thanks guys!
Its going to cost that much because you got pulled over. If you would have gotten ticketed by a parking maid then it would have been 10.00 bucks. Good luck hope its cheaper
Old 10-04-13, 05:26 PM
theUPSguy
Driver School Candidate

Put it on, get the ticket fixed, pay the fee & move on. They can nail you again if you take it off tho. Your ticket history will stay with you when they run your driver license. Sorry.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: California fix it ticket